Philadelphia Man Charged With Threatening to Kill House Minority Whip Cantor

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Well, not really
Rep. Eric Cantor says this afternoon that a gunshot was fired through a window of his downtown Richmond campaign office building either last night or two nights ago.

There were no injuries or other details immediately reported. Cantor, in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch, said he doesn’t know whether the shot was random or aimed at the building.

UPDATE: Cantor says shot fired at campaign office building | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Sounds like he's really stretching. But if someone purposely tried to harm him, that is bad.

Richmond is a bad town. Like 8th worst city in the country.

I have lots of relatives that live about an hour west of there.

This needs to be investigated IMMEDIATELY. Whoever the perpetrators were need to be dealt with ASAP.

If I were one of the right-wing posters of course, I would be doubting the veracity of the claim right now, but I assume Cantor's not stupid enough to fake something like this.

This needs to be investigated IMMEDIATELY. Whoever the perpetrators were need to be dealt with ASAP.

If I were one of the right-wing posters of course, I would be doubting the veracity of the claim right now, but I assume Cantor's not stupid enough to fake something like this.
Not fake it, just overplay it. A random shot that no one even knows when happened?

It's like he's jumping up and down and saying, "Look, me too! Me, too!"

Every time I see Boehner and Cantor together, I can't help but think of Schillinger and Beecher from the HBO series OZ.

He originally said someone targeted him because he's Jewish but then it turns out it may have been a random bullet and no one knows what night it happened.

There's something wrong with that man.

I don't know Ravi. I think that as much as I disagree with the guy, I'm going to have to take him at his word with this one.

He would have to be pretty damn stupid to claim wolf on something like this. He may be a manipulative obstructionist, but he's not stupid.

Though, on the other hand, I would put if past some extremist right-winger to stage this event, if there was no-one in the office when they shot at it.

However, I would say it's more than likely that even that is not the case.

There's a lot of "gang-bangers" in Richmond.

Though one would think if it was one of them doing a drive-by it would have been more than one shot.

Last edited:

Not fake it, just overplay it. A random shot that no one even knows when happened?

A random shot?

:lol:

A random shot?

:lol:
His words.

Well, not really
Rep. Eric Cantor says this afternoon that a gunshot was fired through a window of his downtown Richmond campaign office building either last night or two nights ago.

There were no injuries or other details immediately reported. Cantor, in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch, said he doesn’t know whether the shot was random or aimed at the building.

UPDATE: Cantor says shot fired at campaign office building | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Sounds like he's really stretching. But if someone purposely tried to harm him, that is bad.

:clap2:YES!!!

GO DEMOCRATS!!!

In all seriousness...this shit it bad. Some people need to be round up and sent away.

Every time I see Boehner and Cantor together, I can't help but think of Schillinger and Beecher from the HBO series OZ.

I like the way Boehner stands at the podium for a press conference, says something really shitty about Democrats then walks away real fast so nobody can ask him to explain.

Cantor is about the slimiest idiot I've seen since Delay.

No matter what one's political stance, violence of any kind is wrong. What is wrong with people? Physical threats, gas lines cut, and now gun shots. This is getting scarier each moment.

Sounds like Lou Dobbs when he overly exageratted the shot that "hit his home."

Either way, this does need to be investigated.

Cantor is a decent guy. I've met him and he used to be my Representative. He actually responds to and/or returns calls to his constituents. I believe Cantor when he says he was targeted.

Whoever posted that Richmond is a dangerous city was absolutely right. It's a dirty city, as well - and very poorly run. I'm not sure how many people on the City Council ended up in federal prison over bribery and other stuff - but there for awhile, I thought the entire Council was going to be behind bars.

I like Cantor, I live about 50 miles due east of Richmond, the only time I go to Richmond is to visit the airport.

Forum List

Back