Phil Mickelson Wins the Masters

Great. Sure hope that no one Tivoing the final round happens to stumble onto your thread title here before they sit down to watch it . . .

I don't know about you, but if I have a sporting event DVR'd that I'm anxiously waiting to watch, I'm not stopping here the first chance I get.

Great. Sure hope that no one Tivoing the final round happens to stumble onto your thread title here before they sit down to watch it . . .

I don't know about you, but if I have a sporting event DVR'd that I'm anxiously waiting to watch, I'm not stopping here the first chance I get.

One just can't play around with time like that and get away with it ! :lol:

Last edited:
It was a great Masters. I was glad Phil won. I also was glad to hear his wife made it there to Augusta, but because of her cancer didn't go to the course to watch, but watched it from the home they rented there while he was playing.

The course looked beautiful, man, imagine playing there!

It was a great Masters. I was glad Phil won. I also was glad to hear his wife made it there to Augusta, but because of her cancer didn't go to the course to watch, but watched it from the home they rented there while he was playing.

That is so sad. What kind of cancer does she have? Will she survive?

She and his mother both have breast cancer. Let's hope they both beat it!

She and his mother both have breast cancer. Let's hope they both beat it!

I pray they do.

I caddied there in the 86 Masters. As a golfer for 50 years, it is one of the most beautiful and scariest things I have ever seen. It was designed by the great Bobby Jones on a former nursery....... the trees, the azaleas, the perfection of the ultra green grass and diabolically slick greens make it a tournament to watch even if you hate golf. I caddied for my older brother who was a world class amateur player in the 70s and 80s, he was invited 2 years in a row. It is hard to say what the most beautiful golf hole I have ever seen is, but the 13th at Augusta National is easily in the top five and I would like some of my ashes dropped on it along with the 18th at Pebble Beach.

Phil is a great player and a decent guy who is fun to watch, he is the only one out there that really seems to know what a great life and career he has, who else has a smile on his face constantly throughout his round? The emotional speech at the awarding of the Green Jacket was the perfect end to a great tournament. He certainly deserves this win, his play was outstanding. That shot on 13 will be replayed whenever The Masters is brought up in conversation, just like this shot on the 16th green that Tiger hit in 2005.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKXvGE6kN8]YouTube - Tiger Woods - Masters shot on 16th hole 2005[/ame]

I caddied there in the 86 Masters. As a golfer for 50 years, it is one of the most beautiful and scariest things I have ever seen. It was designed by the great Bobby Jones on a former nursery....... the trees, the azaleas, the perfection of the ultra green grass and diabolically slick greens make it a tournament to watch even if you hate golf. I caddied for my older brother who was a world class amateur player in the 70s and 80s, he was invited 2 years in a row. It is hard to say what the most beautiful golf hole I have ever seen is, but the 13th at Augusta National is easily in the top five and I would like some of my ashes dropped on it along with the 18th at Pebble Beach.

Phil is a great player and a decent guy who is fun to watch, he is the only one out there that really seems to know what a great life and career he has, who else has a smile on his face constantly throughout his round? The emotional speech at the awarding of the Green Jacket was the perfect end to a great tournament. He certainly deserves this win, his play was outstanding. That shot on 13 will be replayed whenever The Masters is brought up in conversation, just like this shot on the 16th green that Tiger hit in 2005.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKXvGE6kN8]YouTube - Tiger Woods - Masters shot on 16th hole 2005[/ame]

Didn't "Jack" win the 86' Masters?

Very interesting post, sitarro. My brother went there upon invitation one year and described it as you did. He also loves Pebble Beach, and I loved the 19th hole at Pebble Beach..lol.

I was touched as Phil and his wife Amy embraced after his win. Don't you know just how much they needed this victory, especially after this horrible year. She and his kids were there and it was just one beautiful experience for all.

*Aqua*

:lol:

TIGER-WOODS-MASTERS-PRANK-BOOTYISM.jpg

Tiger Woods Masters Prank: 'Bootyism' Plane Flies Over Augusta (PHOTOS)

A great win by Mickelson.

Frankly, I didn't care who won as long as it wasn't Tiger.

A great win by Mickelson.

Frankly, I didn't care who won as long as it wasn't Tiger.

Yes, Tiger's sense of omnipotence, doesn't need to be reestablished this soon or this easily. Or ever. He's a puke, but a great golfer.

Didn't "Jack" win the 86' Masters?

He sure did.

New Topics

Forum List

Back