Pfizer Paid Doctors, Hospitals $35 Million

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Pfizer Paid Doctors, Hospitals $35 Million - WSJ.com

By JONATHAN D. ROCKOFF And PETER LOFTUS

Pfizer Inc. said Wednesday it paid about 4,500 doctors and hospitals $35 million during the second half of last year to study how the company's medicines work and to promote the treatments, in its first public disclosure of payments to the professionals and institutions that test and prescribe its products.

Drug companies have been under pressure from some members of Congress and physicians to reveal their payments. The health overhaul passed recently requires disclosures of certain physician payments starting in 2013. But Pfizer faced a more immediate deadline for revealing its payments: It agreed to report the spending next year, as part of an agreement last year to pay a record $2.3 billion and plead guilty to a criminal charge to settle government investigations that it promoted the former pain drug Bextra and other products for so-called off-label uses.

Write to Jonathan D. Rockoff at [email protected] and Peter Loftus at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
ZOMG!!!!!

"Pfizer said it paid $15.3 million to about 250 research institutions for help discovering potential new medicines and testing drugs in development."

What fucking nerve!

ZOMG!!!!!

"Pfizer said it paid $15.3 million to about 250 research institutions for help discovering potential new medicines and testing drugs in development."

What fucking nerve!
At least I didn't pick and choose. I posted the entire article.

Coming up next, Microsoft paid millions of dollars to computer scientists for information. Following that, sun discovered to rise in the East.

Wow. A $2.3 BILLION dollar FINE for breaking the law....that's a big fine...

*it is good that they have to disclose this information

Last edited:
Coming up next, Microsoft paid millions of dollars to computer scientists for information. Following that, sun discovered to rise in the East.

I don't know of too many people out there who eat or drink or are shot up with computers and I haven't heard of Gates recommending that they do as a cure or a treatment for sickness or disease.

I don't know of too many people out there who eat or drink or are shot up with computers and I haven't heard of Gates recommending that they do as a cure or a treatment for sickness or disease.

Maybe you could ask Pfizer to be part of their next study. It couldn't hurt.

Maybe you could ask Pfizer to be part of their next study. It couldn't hurt.

Pull your pants up Santa Claus your butt is showing.

Liberals must never get sick and not have any elderly relatives, or at least not any elderly relatives they care about.

It's like Pol Pot's Cambodia, but in slow motion.

Cons must think pumping one's body with chemicals and pills is the corner stone of freedom...!

roflmao.gif

Cons must think pumping one's body with chemicals and pills is the corner stone of freedom...!

roflmao.gif

You tend you shoot your mouth off a lot, Denzel.

My grandfather was a doctor and was an innovator in developing products that aiding the human immune systems ability to fight infections, even cancer -- this was in the 1950's and 60's. I met an elderly women who, when she saw my last name, asked if I was related to Dr. C, and I told her i was his grandson, she told me he cured her.

Is there a happy ending to this story? Did my grandfather get to develop his products and become one of the titans of the pharmaceutical industry? Nope. The FDA crushed him.

roflmao.gif

My grandfather was a doctor and was an innovator in developing products that aiding the human immune systems ability to fight infections, even cancer -- this was in the 1950's and 60's. I met an elderly women who, when she saw my last name, asked if I was related to Dr. C, and I told her i was his grandson, she told me he cured her.

Is there a happy ending to this story? Did my grandfather get to develop his products and become one of the titans of the pharmaceutical industry? Nope. The FDA crushed him.

FDA has been out of control for a long time. Neither side of the aisle is taking the time and effort to clean house at FDA. Too many people would have to give up those perks and payoffs to get the job done.

So sleeping, hard on and funny farm pills are life saving medications?
Get in the real world folks. What other than that kind of dope do you see the pushers selling on TV?
Americans are dope heads and Big Pharma is supplying the candy.

roflmao.gif

Dude, don't it get it twisted...I HATE the FDA with a passion, with all my guts I hate that organization. Nothing would please me more than to see that organization burned to the ground and all who are with them with it. With that said, I hate Big Pharma even more, because THEY are the reason why the FDA is so impotent.

Think McFly...THINK!!

You would do well to see the real story contained within.

The major drug companies were on board for Obamacare - as were some doctors. Connection? Quite likely.

Quid Pro Quo - and the most tainted form of national politics was played out by Obama and the Democrat leadership...

Uh, SO????? The U.S. Government has given ACORN how much money over the years to help throw elections?

Good to know you have it all in perspective.. dickweed.

Forum List

Back