PEW Research on post 9/11 Veterans - facinating reading

What the fuck is this shit? All the information in there, and you pick out political affiliation. You're worse than a raccoon digging through a trash bin.

Really? I thought rdean WAS a raccoon digging through a trash bin!:lol: I mean, that whole 6% thing-I wonder how much garbage he had to rummage through to find that one....

What the fuck is this shit? All the information in there, and you pick out political affiliation. You're worse than a raccoon digging through a trash bin.

He has this habit of digging through - usually without really comprehending what he's reading - and latches on to one sentence, usually some meaningless statistic that he thinks sounds impressive, and then builds an 'opinion' based on that sentence. Each to their own but stupid is as stupid does.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/Pew-Military-Report.pdf?GT1=43001

I was surprised that only 30 something % identified as Republican. When they find out Republicans want to cut their health care, I wonder what percentage it will be then?

Why would that surprise you?

By the way, the number is 36%, which is higher than the general population rate of 23%. The percent of Democrats is 21% among veterans, compared with 30% among non veterans.

Thanks for proving you did not actually read what you posted, again.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/Pew-Military-Report.pdf?GT1=43001

I was surprised that only 30 something % identified as Republican. When they find out Republicans want to cut their health care, I wonder what percentage it will be then?

Surprised_Derp.jpg

Republicans control the House and Senate and the White House too?:confused:

Obama approval numbers. Facinating reading!:
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

"White House Seeks More Pentagon Cuts". Facinating reading!:
White House seeks more Pentagon budget cuts | Reuters

Facinating! :lol:

Again with the bullshit?

You really need to understand your condition, dweebie. Get the scan!

Two weeks ago, Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) introduced a $9 trillion deficit reduction plan including significant cuts to retired military health benefits. Along with a 90% reduction in funding for tuition assistance for active-duty service members, his proposal includes an increase in out-of-pocket expenses for prescription medications and will dramatically increase health care costs for uninjured veterans. Premiums for those affected would increase nearly tenfold.

Veterans' Health Benefits Should Be Spared From Budget Cuts @PolicyMic

Deficit hawks, led by Senator Tom Coburn, Republican of Oklahoma, have begun taking smaller steps, pushing for an array of cuts to military benefits, including ending subsidies for base commissaries and tightening disability compensation for diseases linked to Agent Orange.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/u...-military-could-face-cuts.html?pagewanted=all

Republican Paul Ryan and the House of Representatives are looking to end VA healthcare for over 1.3 million veterans who are Priority 7 & 8.

Republican’s War on Veterans Benefits Continues

– Veterans pensions and disability benefits would become subject to tax, as would all military combat pay, military housing allowances and meals, workers compensation payments, public assistance benefits, and state foster care payments.

Huntsman Proposes New Taxes On Seniors And Veterans To Pay For Tax Cut For The Richest 0.1 Percent

------------------------------------------

You're right. What Republicans want to do to our veterans is "Bullshit".

From your own NY Slimes link:
“We’ve got to put everything on the table,” Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said recently on PBS, acknowledging that he was looking at proposals to rein in pension costs.
Attempt to blame Republicans: FAIL!

There's no Fail like an rdean Fail. Ask for it by name!

From your own NY Slimes link:
“We’ve got to put everything on the table,” Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said recently on PBS, acknowledging that he was looking at proposals to rein in pension costs.
Attempt to blame Republicans: FAIL!

There's no Fail like an rdean Fail. Ask for it by name!

It was Republicans that handed Obama a ten trillion deficit after given a surplus. Remember, Republicans held both houses and the presidency for 6 straight years. They had to pass their trillions in millionaire tax cuts and trillions in a "drugs for votes" bill, both through reconciliation. The last day of Bush's last budget, unemployment was 10.1%. They handed everything to Obama and then blocked or filibustered him on everything. Everything! And said they wanted him to FAIL even before he was sworn in. Republicans have done way more damage than Bin Laden. Maybe that's why they let him go.

Without all the Republican damage, the country wouldn't be in the state it's in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rdean.... seriously.... you don't help yourself at all. Learn basic comprehension... and maybe throw in a little critical thought. And stop fucking lying.... we understand that it is a medical condition but seriously, now that you know you have it..... for your own sake.... fight the urge to lie!

He has this habit of digging through - usually without really comprehending what he's reading - and latches on to one sentence, usually some meaningless statistic that he thinks sounds impressive, and then builds an 'opinion' based on that sentence. Each to their own but stupid is as stupid does.

I've noticed. What I've noticed about military people, since being in for last 3.5 years, is that we're people. Politics is one of the last things on our minds, until those politics start effecting us personally.

Forum List

Back