Pets Suffering This Economical Disaster Too,

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
Dogs,cats and equine are being abandoned or left at shelters, owners can't care for them.

Pets Are Abandoned During Foreclosures At A Staggering Rate​

BY MATTHEW RUSSELL

The victims of foreclosure face a bleak financial situation, made all the worse when pets are involved.
When someone can no longer afford to make rent or mortgage payments, it is also a challenge to afford to properly care for animals. Animal shelters are seeing an increase in pets being surrendered because their owners are being foreclosed upon. And the foreclosure rate has sharply increased due pandemic pressure and unemployment, Brookings reports.
Many pets have been abandoned when families cannot afford rent or mortgage payments.

FAKE NEWS - There are very few unemployed & foreclosures!
REO-Foreclosures-Historical-Q122.jpg

Your chart is deceptive because you didn't include any of the information you stole that chart from. So here's the rest of the story:

"...a total of 78,271 U.S. properties with a foreclosure filing during the first quarter of 2022, up 39 percent from the previous quarter and up 132 percent from a year ago.

The report also shows a total of 33,333 U.S. properties with foreclosure filings in March 2022, up 29 percent from the previous month and up 181 percent from a year ago — the 11th consecutive month with a year-over-year increase in U.S. foreclosure activity.

“Foreclosure activity has continued to gradually return to normal levels since the expiration of the government’s moratorium, and the CFPB’s enhanced mortgage servicing guidelines,” said Rick Sharga, executive vice president of market intelligence for ATTOM. “But even with the large year-over-year increase in foreclosure starts and bank repossessions, foreclosure activity is still only running at about 57% of where it was in Q1 2020, the last quarter before the government enacted consumer protection programs due to the pandemic.”

U.S. Foreclosure Activity Sets Post Pandemic Highs in First Quarter of 2022

Now let's look at evictions, shall we?

The Eviction Tracking System | Eviction Lab

Both of our shelters are at maximum capacity... the county shelter and a non profit shelter will have to begin putting abandoned dogs and cats down for the first time in a decade....
You guessed it....

1656870669789.png

FAKE NEWS - There are very few unemployed & foreclosures!
REO-Foreclosures-Historical-Q122.jpg

Rentals and home price have skyrocketed. Some of my grandkids in their late 20s mid 30s are having a problem finding rentals and homes. Not so much gone up in value either but just insane economy. 90% of them are hard working well educated.

Both of our shelters are at maximum capacity... the county shelter and a non profit shelter will have to begin putting abandoned dogs and cats down for the first time in a decade....
You guessed it....

View attachment 665661

So sad! We adopted two from our vets bulletin board. Shelters do not make it easy to adopt now, at least not here in Florida [ its a damn racket and pets suffer.]
The two we got [ male female same litter, female is spayed] almost 4 months ago were badly abused and very malnourished, like petting bones with fur. Very neurotic but coming along. We have to have dogs here to let us know if anyone is trespassing.

Dogs,cats and equine are being abandoned or left at shelters, owners can't care for them.

BY MATTHEW RUSSELL

The victims of foreclosure face a bleak financial situation, made all the worse when pets are involved.
When someone can no longer afford to make rent or mortgage payments, it is also a challenge to afford to properly care for animals. Animal shelters are seeing an increase in pets being surrendered because their owners are being foreclosed upon. And the foreclosure rate has sharply increased due pandemic pressure and unemployment, Brookings reports.
Many pets have been abandoned when families cannot afford rent or mortgage payments.

Immediately, this topic leads me to think of my wife's and my unofficial second cat, Buddy. He very obviously was once someone's very much-loved pet, but for the past few years, he's been living semi-feral around my apartment complex, begging whatever food and attention he can from the various residents. Something obviously happened, a few years ago, that caused his family to move away, and leave him behind. About a month or so ago, he seemed to have suddenly decided to be my wife's and my cat. He started with visiting us, spending several hours each day in our apartment, and then from there, abruptly transitioned to spending nearly all of his time here, leaving us for only a few hours each day, presumably to visit other families that have also been caring for him.

I truly wonder what circumstances led to him being abandoned. He now shows the effects of a rough life on the streets, but he's a very sweet and loving cat, and I have a difficult time imagining that anyone would willingly have abandoned him if circumstances were not very dire.

ZSC_3393g1618x1000.jpg

Last edited:
Immediately, this topic leads me to think of my wife's and my unofficial second cat, Buddy. He very obviously was once someone's very much-loved pet, but for the past few years, he's been living semi-feral around my apartment complex, begging whatever food and attention he can from the various residents. Something obviously happened, a few years ago, that caused his family to move away, and leave him behind. About a month or so ago, he seemed to have suddenly decided to be my wife's and my cat. He started with visiting us, spending several hours each day in our apartment, and then from there, abruptly transitioned to spending nearly all of his time here, leaving us for only a few hours each day, presumably to visit other families that have also bene caring for him.

I truly wonder what circumstances led to him being abandoned. He now shows the effects of a rough life on the streets, but he's a very sweet and loving cat, and I have a difficult time imagining that anyone would willingly have abandoned him if circumstances were not very dire.

View attachment 665680
You sure "he's" a male ?

Look at the bright side.
If done timely, their owners can always reclaim them and eat 'em!!

One does what they got to do in Bi-Dung's America to survive.

This is t

BY MATTHEW RUSSELL

This is the definition of economical.

ec·o·nom·i·cal
[ˌekəˈnämik(ə)l, ˌēkəˈnämik(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. giving good value or service in relation to the amount of money, time, or effort spent:
    "a small, economical car"
    synonyms:
    cheap · inexpensive · low-cost · low-price · low-budget · budget · economy · reasonable · reasonably priced · cut-price · cut-rate · discount · discounted ·
    [more]
    • (of a person or lifestyle) careful not to waste money or resources:
      "he was economical in all areas of life"

This is t

This is the definition of economical.

ec·o·nom·i·cal
[ˌekəˈnämik(ə)l, ˌēkəˈnämik(ə)l]

ADJECTIVE
  1. giving good value or service in relation to the amount of money, time, or effort spent:
    "a small, economical car"
    synonyms:
    cheap · inexpensive · low-cost · low-price · low-budget · budget · economy · reasonable · reasonably priced · cut-price · cut-rate · discount · discounted ·
    [more]
    • (of a person or lifestyle) careful not to waste money or resources:
      "he was economical in all areas of life"

Lets not get technical, better things to worry about don't you think. But I do appreciate the lesson.

I prefer to eat less myself but to always try to feed my animals.

That is above politics.

New Topics

Forum List

Back