Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

Side effects from hydroxychloroquine are really very minimal. It’s used as first line in Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis specifically because it’s so benign.

The people listing what is on the packet insert really don’t know what they’re talking about.

Several years ago my throat began to swell up. It got a little difficult to breathe and swallow. About 2:00 am I went to the emergency room, and they took me right away. They started an IV on me. When the doctor came in, he told me the swelling in my throat was serious, and caused by my high blood pressure medication. I told the doctor I have been taking that medication for a couple of years. He told me that is irrelevant.

They cleaned me out, he instructed me never to take the medication again, and consult my doctor for a replacement.

A few weeks later, I looked into the drug. Other people experienced what I did. Some have died from being suffocated to death. They still sell that drug on the market today.

Angioedema is not extremely uncommon with that drug and probably way over reported. Deaths from it are extremely uncommon. The thing Is there is a significant mortality benefit from using that drug so benefits outweigh risks.

In terms of hydroxychloroqine, the benefits are uncertain. Let’s say it prevents every single death from COVID. Since mortality is only 1%, you have to treat 100 patients just to save one life. In terms of medicine, that’s called number needed to treat, and 100 is up there, although not extremely high. The benefit is probably pretty low. The risks are also low.

In the grand scheme of things, big picture stuff, this is really just not very relevant. If it works, or doesn’t work, this is really not that important.

From what I understand, the symptoms of this thing can be torturous. So even if somebody could survive without it, the drug itself might make people much more comfortable until they are over it. If so, that in itself would be worth using it.

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
What did the "vast experience" guy do for SARS and N1H1 and Obama trying to find Ebola its American host?

Well, for starters, slightly more than 12,000 people died in the USA in the first year of H1N1. That number will be exceeded in the first two months by by this virus, and it's predicted that 100,000 people will die.

And in terms of ebola, there were only a handful of cases and they were totally contained. So there's that.

Of course President Obama did what the CDC asked him to do, and didn't screw around with it, deny the problem or lie about it. After it was over, he had an enquiry about what to do differently, and actually implemented the recommendations - all of which Dumb Donald tossed out and ignored.

Obama had Ebola infected people bleed out at an apartment complex in Dallas, fucking insane!

Do you have links to any of this bullshit or is this just another Dale Smith inspired post?

Side effects from hydroxychloroquine are really very minimal. It’s used as first line in Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis specifically because it’s so benign.

The people listing what is on the packet insert really don’t know what they’re talking about.

Several years ago my throat began to swell up. It got a little difficult to breathe and swallow. About 2:00 am I went to the emergency room, and they took me right away. They started an IV on me. When the doctor came in, he told me the swelling in my throat was serious, and caused by my high blood pressure medication. I told the doctor I have been taking that medication for a couple of years. He told me that is irrelevant.

They cleaned me out, he instructed me never to take the medication again, and consult my doctor for a replacement.

A few weeks later, I looked into the drug. Other people experienced what I did. Some have died from being suffocated to death. They still sell that drug on the market today.

Angioedema is not extremely uncommon with that drug and probably way over reported. Deaths from it are extremely uncommon. The thing Is there is a significant mortality benefit from using that drug so benefits outweigh risks.

In terms of hydroxychloroqine, the benefits are uncertain. Let’s say it prevents every single death from COVID. Since mortality is only 1%, you have to treat 100 patients just to save one life. In terms of medicine, that’s called number needed to treat, and 100 is up there, although not extremely high. The benefit is probably pretty low. The risks are also low.

In the grand scheme of things, big picture stuff, this is really just not very relevant. If it works, or doesn’t work, this is really not that important.

From what I understand, the symptoms of this thing can be torturous. So even if somebody could survive without it, the drug itself might make people much more comfortable until they are over it. If so, that in itself would be worth using it.

Again, I'd rather endure some discomfort than permanent kidney damage or blindness. I endured 28 hours of labour with no pain meds (they reduced the effectiveness of the contractions), I can do torturous. I have experience.

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
What did the "vast experience" guy do for SARS and N1H1 and Obama trying to find Ebola its American host?

Well, for starters, slightly more than 12,000 people died in the USA in the first year of H1N1. That number will be exceeded in the first two months by by this virus, and it's predicted that 100,000 people will die.

And in terms of ebola, there were only a handful of cases and they were totally contained. So there's that.

Of course President Obama did what the CDC asked him to do, and didn't screw around with it, deny the problem or lie about it. After it was over, he had an enquiry about what to do differently, and actually implemented the recommendations - all of which Dumb Donald tossed out and ignored.

Obama had Ebola infected people bleed out at an apartment complex in Dallas, fucking insane!

Sounds like bullshit, I'd love to hear more about the Duncan case from your perspective.

Yawn.............1999 to 2000 study on malaria drugs......

OH...IF YOU TAKE IT THE SIDE EFFECTS WILL KILL YOU.....

What a bunch of leftwing tools here.

People use this stuff all the time going on vacation to Kenya.

OMFG......WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

I thought we were talking about taking a malaria drug for COVID 19 where it may or may not be beneficial.

I thought we were talking about taking a malaria drug for COVID 19 where it may or may not be beneficial.
I saw posts Fear mongering the side effects of using drugs that we have used for DECADES......hell.......for 40 plus years....................

And now..........it's IF YOU TAKE THEM YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.............LOL

That is a JOKE........I took the dang things when we ported in Kenya in the 80's..........lol

I saw posts Fear mongering the side effects of using drugs that we have used for DECADES......hell.......for 40 plus years....................

That is a JOKE........I took the dang things when we ported in Kenya in the 80's..........lol

I don't think we know the true effects of this drug combined with what COVID-19 is already doing to the body. For example both are not good for people with heart conditions.

I don't think we know the true effects of this drug combined with what COVID-19 is already doing to the body. For example both are not good for people with heart conditions.
Neither is dying for the heart.......kinda the point. People are being pissy about a common drug that has been used for decades.........and has been tested for decades as possible solutions since SARs of 2003.

This IS NOT NEW.

Neither is dying for the heart.......kinda the point. People are being pissy about a common drug that has been used for decades.........and has been tested for decades as possible solutions since SARs of 2003.

This IS NOT NEW.

Define common.

Sounds like bullshit, I'd love to hear more about the Duncan case from your perspective.

Every Ebola patient belonged in a Level IV hospital bed, not roaming around the city

Well you must be ignorant

That's fine if you can't make a point.

A memo from Peter Navarro said failure to contain a coronavirus outbreak could lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars in economic losses. It is the most direct warning known to have circulated at a key moment among top administration officials.
I wonder if Navarro himself leaked the memo. It makes him look pretty damn good while it makes Trump look asleep at the wheel, doing nothing to guard the country against this deadly virus despite warnings.

Last edited:
A memo from Peter Navarro said failure to contain a coronavirus outbreak could lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars in economic losses. It is the most direct warning known to have circulated at a key moment among top administration officials.
[/URL]
I wonder if Navarro himself leaked the memo. It makes him look pretty damn good while it makes Trump look asleep at the wheel, doing nothing to guard the country against this deadly virus despite warnings.
Yep....Trump is doing nothing.......just like Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Barack H. Obama....umm....ummm...ummmmm

[/URL]
Yep....Trump is doing nothing.......just like Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Barack H. Obama....umm....ummm...ummmmm

[/URL]
Been awhile since we had a real President. Time to get one. Sure could use one.

[/URL]

Yup exactly, just like Obama was asleep at the wheel with ISIS.

And then the world was in horror when they threw gays off the roof or put the Yazidi's on a mountain for slaughter

[/URL]
Been awhile since we had a real President. Time to get one. Sure could use one.

Who?

Forum List

Back