Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years
Whoa, hold the phone here! Can you link me to where Fauci said he wants to shut the country down for 2 years, or are you just lying?

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

Fauci's been good to have in our corner but OTOH reminds me of that saying "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail". He's too insular. Trump is wise to bring other people in and listen.

^^^
Fake news.

Fauci's been good to have in our corner but OTOH reminds me of that saying "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail". He's too insular. Trump is wise to bring other people in and listen.
Yeah, let's listen to what the economist has to say over the health care professional with over 50 years experience during a pandemic.

Yeah, let's listen to what the economist has to say over the health care professional with over 50 years experience during a pandemic.

Yeah, let's stay in our houses like hermits for two years. Brilliant plan. There will be NO viruses left likely, but also, no economy. And no America.

Great idea. Brilliant.

I'm sure they
I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years
Whoa, hold the phone here! Can you link me to where Fauci said he wants to shut the country down for 2 years, or are you just lying?

Dumb question...of course he's lying. He's a blob supporter.

Yeah, let's stay in our houses like hermits for two years. Brilliant plan. There will be NO viruses left likely, but also, no economy. And no America.

Great idea. Brilliant.
You should find a packed church and go hang out in there for about a week. But straight home after that, we don't want you infecting any other people.

Great idea. Brilliant.
You should find a packed church and go hang out in there for about a week. But straight home after that, we don't want you infecting any other people.

Ah, the wonderful heart of a liberal. You disagree with me, so get that virus we hate and infect your family.

The difference between you and me, you absolute cretin? I don't want ANYONE to get the virus. Really. No...I mean it...really. Not even you.

Great idea. Brilliant.

Again where is the Two year comment from Fauci?

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
Are you kidding me, you'd have to be out of your mind to take the word of a man with over 50 years experience in the health care industry instead of an economist.

I think you mean "economist". The quotes matter.

Peter Navarro is pretty clueless, he went around for years telling us about evil China. So they took his advise and came out with TPP to fix China. He objected to that and China now have a free reign.

But he must be a fucking idiot, he is arguing with on the top doctors in the area of epidemiology on how long an pandemic is going to last and if a drug will cure everyone or not...

I am sure Peter Navarro got on the right side of trump over this?

The Trump Supporters had it in for him since they learnt that he didn't call Hillary a witch. Like how can he get along with her?

Great idea. Brilliant.

Again where is the Two year comment from Fauci?
It is a made up "quote" like everything from the Right!
The Glorious American

Dr. Fauci Now Suggesting Everyone Sit At Home With Sleeping Bag Over Head For 2 Years

But the people Trump is bringing in know nothing about the subject.

I thought this thread was about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine. If so, there is no debate. Fauci is correct. No scientifically verified data supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for CV-19. Full stop.

New Topics

Forum List

Back