Pete Rose probably would have broke Joe Dimaggio's record

Rose was one of the most consistent clutch hitters of my lifetime, so he probably could have
broken a bunch of records, but probably not this one;
Outfielder Ty Cobb, whose career ended in 1928, has the highest batting average in Major League Baseball (MLB) history.[1] He batted .366 over 24 seasons.

List of Major League Baseball career batting average leaders - Wikipedia

yeah that record of Cobbs will never be broken same as Dimaggios 56 hitting streak never will or Cal Ripkens consecutive games played and for sure Roses all time hits record.

Rose was one of the most consistent clutch hitters of my lifetime, so he probably could have
broken a bunch of records, but probably not this one;
Outfielder Ty Cobb, whose career ended in 1928, has the highest batting average in Major League Baseball (MLB) history.[1] He batted .366 over 24 seasons.

List of Major League Baseball career batting average leaders - Wikipedia

yeah that record of Cobbs will never be broken same as Dimaggios 56 hitting streak never will or Cal Ripkens consecutive games played and for sure Roses all time hits record.
The only record that will never be broken is Fernando Tatis hitting two grand slams in an inning

As a Phillies fan i will tell you that they would not have won their first World Series without him. 99 years in the league before their 1st championship in 1980. He was dependable and rarely choked. He also played in the astro turf era which helped him with some hits. No matter his issues he is fondly remembered by many Phils fans.

Then as a Phillies fan you also know that ironically, Gene Garber pitched for the Phils 1974 - 1978, before Rose was on the team. And you're right Rose (who I always hated) put the Phillies over the top to win that World Series.

The Oakland A's hated these guys.
The big Red machine
Bench, Rose, Morgan, Pérez, Concepción, Foster, Griffey, and Gerónimo .

How do you KNOW that by chance?

The Oakland As beat the Big Red Machine in the 1972 World Series
I don’t remember the Reds beating the As
You're right - they beat the Yanks and Red Sox.
For some reason I pictured them in more than one series with the A's .

The Oakland A's hated these guys.
The big Red machine
Bench, Rose, Morgan, Pérez, Concepción, Foster, Griffey, and Gerónimo .

How do you KNOW that by chance?

The Oakland As beat the Big Red Machine in the 1972 World Series
I don’t remember the Reds beating the As
You're right - they beat the Yanks and Red Sox.
For some reason I pictured them in more than one series with the A's .

well the Reds FRANCHISE did play the A's in one more series but that was back in 1990 when the game was not corrupt as it is now and small market teams like the reds and A's had as much an opportunity as big market teams now to go to the world series.

For Red fans,it was bittersweet revenge because the Reds sweat the Reds in four straight.It was bittersweet for me as well because the A's players heads were getting too big.they kept talking shit that the Reds had no chance to beat them and since they did,they looked like fools after that series.:2up::abgg2q.jpg:

I would say it was safe to say the Yankees hated those guys you mentioned from the big red machine after being swept in that world series from them.:abgg2q.jpg:

As a Phillies fan i will tell you that they would not have won their first World Series without him. 99 years in the league before their 1st championship in 1980. He was dependable and rarely choked. He also played in the astro turf era which helped him with some hits. No matter his issues he is fondly remembered by many Phils fans.

Then as a Phillies fan you also know that ironically, Gene Garber pitched for the Phils 1974 - 1978, before Rose was on the team. And you're right Rose (who I always hated) put the Phillies over the top to win that World Series.

Garber really went overboard in pitching to Rose in that game that ended Roses hitting streak.He acted like it was the end of the world if he gave up a hit to him same as other pitchers did when Rose got into the upper 30's and low 40's in hits. Rose said that Garber pitched to him like it was the damn 9th inning and and 7th game of the world series with runners on all bases with 3 balls and two strikes.

That was crazy for Garber to take it so seriously that it was the end of the world if he did not get him out. Yes try and get him out,but to act like its the end of the world if you dont get him out?,you dont have to pitch to him like its the 7th game of the world series.sheesh.:rolleyes: same thing with the other pitchers when he got close and they gave up a hit,they would throw bats in the dugout and kick over the water coolers because they wanted to be the pitcher to get him out.:rolleyes: Unbelieveable isnt it that they took it so serious and acted like it was the end of the world that they could not stop him and for Garber to do the same acting like the world was going to come to an end if he did NOT get him out?:rolleyes:

Hitting streaks are overrated. Technically, you can bat .250 and keep your hitting streak

During DiMaggios hitting streak, Ted Williams had more hits and more HRs than DiMaggio. He did better in those 56 games and hit .406 for the season

Forum List

Back