Pete Buttigieg and Meghan McCain discussed abortion on the View

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

so anyone that knows Megan McCain knows that she is pro life and feels that when it comes to reproductive rights women should have none. Sheā€™s made that clear.

So Pete Buttigieg was asked on the View what he felt about abortion rights and his opinion was this should be something between the woman, her doctor and God.

and then of course Megan went into that right wing rant that Democrats want to rip babies out of their mothers womb when she is eight months pregnant. and she took off with partial birth abortions and all the other bizarre things they say.

So Pete Buttigieg said that when a woman is eight months pregnant or close to giving birth thatā€™s a baby they want. Theyā€™re putting the crib together and buying clothes for the child. Nobody rips the baby out of the mothers womb. And thatā€™s a pretty awful thing to say.

So she said well what if thereā€™s a medical reason.

So he said that if there was a medical reason at eight months pregnant that was so dangerous, then it was something that he canā€™t see the government getting involved without all the facts.
So it was better to leave it for the woman her family and her doctor.

And the applause was amazing and then Megan said this is why no conservatives will vote for you because of your radical position.

Then they went to commercial and when they came back they talked about something else.

But think about it. Say that a woman was eight months pregnant, say the child was severely deformed and was going to die minutes after it was born and there was nothing that could be done for it. Say that giving birth to the child would put the mothers life in danger. Are we going to tell her thatā€™s tough, you have to carry this deformed baby inside of you and give birth just to watch it die?

At what point should the government step in and tell this woman what she is supposed to do

The question I would like them to ask Megan is why do you think men should have control over your body and reproductive rights? And which men? The ones currently in power?
What if different men come into power. What if they decide something radical. What if they say all babies should be born through C-section and put into incubators at eight months to make sure that thereā€™s no problem with the birth?

I know that sounds like nonsense. But for many women the thought of men controlling their reproductive rights also sounds like nonsense. Itā€™s all a matter of perspective.

So whose side are you on? Do you believe womenā€™s reproductive rights and their bodies should be controlled by the government or do you believe they should have control themselves with their doctor and their family?

thereā€™s really only two choices.

you trust women or you trust the government.

and why is women controlling their own bodies radical and government controlling womenā€™s bodies not radical?

so anyone that knows Megan McCain knows that she is pro life and feels that when it comes to reproductive rights women should have none. Sheā€™s made that clear.

So Pete Buttigieg was asked on the View what he felt about abortion rights and his opinion was this should be something between the woman, her doctor and God.

and then of course Megan went into that right wing rant that Democrats want to rip babies out of their mothers womb when she is eight months pregnant. and she took off with partial birth abortions and all the other bizarre things they say.

So Pete Buttigieg said that when a woman is eight months pregnant or close to giving birth thatā€™s a baby they want. Theyā€™re putting the crib together and buying clothes for the child. Nobody rips the baby out of the mothers womb. And thatā€™s a pretty awful thing to say.

So he said that if there was a medical reason at eight months pregnant that was so dangerous, then it was something that he canā€™t see the government getting involved without all the facts.

And the applause was amazing and then Megan said this is why no conservatives will vote for you because of your radical position.

Then they went to commercial and when they came back they talked about something else.

But think about it. Say that a woman was eight months pregnant, say the child was severely deformed and was going to die minutes after it was born and there was nothing that could be done for it. Say that giving birth to the child would put the mothers life in danger. Are we going to tell her thatā€™s tough, you have to carry this deformed baby inside of you and give birth just to watch it die?

At what point should the government step in and tell this woman what she is supposed to do

The question I would like them to ask Megan is why do you think men should have control over your body and reproductive rights? And which men? The ones currently in power?
What if different men come into power. What if they decide something radical. What if they say all babies should be born through C-section and put into incubators at eight months to make sure that thereā€™s no problem with the birth?

I know that sounds like nonsense. But for many women the thought of men controlling their reproductive rights also sounds like nonsense. Itā€™s all a matter of perspective.

So whose side are you on? Do you believe womenā€™s reproductive rights and their bodies should be controlled by the government or do you believe they should have control themselves with their doctor and their family?

and why is women controlling their own bodies radical and government controlling womenā€™s bodies not radical?

Can you link a video so posters can view the conversation seeing your opinion is usually faulty...

Also after reading your rant it amazes me you are against the Government regulating a woman body but yet you want them to run Healthcare across this country...

Also after reading your rant it amazes me you are against the Government regulating a woman body but yet you want them to run Healthcare across this country...

We don't want them to run it.

We just want them to pay for it. More practical than filtering it through greedy insurance companies stealing half the money.

On to the OP. I am developing a moderate admiration for Mayor Pete for taking on the tough issues like this. With Biden folding like a cheap suit, we need someone sensible to take on Trump.

We don't want them to run it.

We just want them to pay for it. More practical than filtering it through greedy insurance companies stealing half the money.

On to the OP. I am developing a moderate admiration for Mayor Pete for taking on the tough issues like this. With Biden folding like a cheap suit, we need someone sensible to take on Trump.
You either follow the Bible or you don't. There is nothing between the woman and whatever and God. This is not about abortion or having babies. It is a behavior issue. If a woman is a whore wearing a cross around her neck, she is not a Christian. Now most young people are a bit more promiscuous then the religions would care for. But making up new rules is not a compact with God. No matter how much it is pushed. And I am not a preacher spouting the words. However like many I have been taught what is right and wrong. And I have screwed up a lot. The less we screw up excepting anyone with a personal problem that can be debatable, the better off we are. Even if we are bit boring.

Good for Mayor Pete. And yeah, I also think that something like this should be between the woman, the dude who got her pregnant (yes, he should have some input), the doctor and God. Nobody else should enter into it and judge the woman for what she does, because the ONLY one we have to answer to is God, and he judges us by what we did, not what our neighbors did, or what someone across the country does. What WE did and how our life impacted others around us.

Only God and the woman know why she chooses why she does, and it's not for anyone else to judge. That is one of the things about Christians that bugs me the most................they want to tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe and act as they do, and you gotta accept Christ into your heart.

Sorry.................but doesn't that negate the gift that God gave us, which is free will, meaning we are free to choose how we live? And, if you are taking away a person's free will, isn't that acting above God who gave it to them in the first place?

A butt bandit talking about abortion? That's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back