Pet Peeves...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
There are certain things that drive us all batty. We call them button pushers. What is your number one button pusher? I absolutely hate hearing the phrase "At the end of the day...". One more, just to get this threat rolling, I also hate it when you are talking to somebody and every other thing coming out of their mouth is the phrase "You know what I'm talking about?" These two things get on my nerves worst than somebody dragging finger nails down a chalk board. What's your biggest button pusher?

People like Edthecynic and drsmith1072 who don't have the wherewithal to defend their positions but can only fall back on the ever popular (for them) "you are a liar" defense of their ever so intelligent (in their minds) positions. Of course no one ever really knows what their positions are because the only statements they know how to make is "you are a liar".

Immie

The word "anyway" when it ends with the letter 'S'.

Anyways?

Grammar, spelling, sentence structure, phonics... it's all out the window these days.

Gutter talk, gangster slang, vernacular unbecoming of proper tongue.

Uneducated oral effluent.

Talking heads that say "look" when they want you to "listen."

People who say "ant" instead of "and."

People who write checks in a busy check out line.

pretty much everything :D

I hate people who don't know how to drive, and chew gum with their mouth open.

"Speed Limit Wardens" that run side by side on the highway, and bunch up traffic behind them.

Drivers who don't use their turn signals.
People who sing in public while listening to their i-pod.
Kids that tease dogs.
Kids that throw tantrums in stores.
The parents of said kids.
People who blame everyone but themselves for their failures.
Noisy eaters.
People who ask stupid questions.
Drive thru's when they get your order wrong.
Girls that wear seriously stupidly high heels then whine cuz their feet hurt.
The phrase 'ya know'
Losing one sock.
Anyone who is cruel to animals.
Bad manners.
Gossip.
People who text or talk on their cell when they're driving.
Women who put make up on while they're driving.
Traffic jams.
People who answer their cell when someone else is talking to them.
Double negatives.
Celebrities who claim to be 'liberal' or 'environmentalists'.
People who don't say 'please' or 'thank you'.
Lane hoppers.
People who drop garbage.
When someone puts the wrong DVD in the case.
Dog owners who don't clean up after their pooch.
Anyone who reads over my shoulder.
People who don't park properly or take up two spaces.
People who let their kids run around in restaurants.
Strong perfume.
People who give long winded answers to a straight 'yes' or 'no' question.
People who don't listen because they're planning what they are going to say next.
Having a load of remote controls.
Finding an item of clothing that I really like and finding they don't have it in my size.
Smokers who drop cigarette butts.
Having to keep adjusting the sound on the tv - because the ads are too damned loud.
Anyone who thinks their opinion is a fact.
The phrase 'we're pregnant'.
People who leave their name and number on my voicemail and don't speak clearly or say the number really fast.
The phrase 'Yes, but'.
People who say 'So, what you mean is xxx'. No, I said what I mean, it's not my fault your too stupid to understand it and wanted me to say something else.
"Gangsta's"
People who talk too loudly on their cell in public.
People who don't pronounce words properly.... 'supposebly'.
Guys wearing shorts.
People who don't dress appropriately.
Bratty kids - and their parents.
People who ask for advice and then argue.
Anyone who tells someone else to 'shut up'.
Girls who wear too much make up.
Anyone who can't say 'I'm sorry'.
Anyone who can't say 'I was wrong'.
Tailgaters.
BO
Barak Obama
People who put empty cartons back in the fridge.
When someone borrows my car and returns it with no gas.
Buzz words: synergistic, globalize, etc.
People who let their kids kick the seat in front on planes.
People who are late.
"110%" or anything over 100%.
People who interrupt.
Pop up ads.
Cussing in front of kids.
People who leave kids or pets in cars - particularly in summer.

There are certain things that drive us all batty. We call them button pushers. What is your number one button pusher? I absolutely hate hearing the phrase "At the end of the day...". One more, just to get this threat rolling, I also hate it when you are talking to somebody and every other thing coming out of their mouth is the phrase "You know what I'm talking about?" These two things get on my nerves worst than somebody dragging finger nails down a chalk board. What's your biggest button pusher?

irregardless

same difference.

I can't stand listening to Obama speak. You know what I'm talking about? But at the end of the day, he's just another corrupt politician.

Incompetent employees. I mean, really?

People who never, ever stop to consider how what they do will affect someone else. Shortened term: inconsiderate assholes.

Spiders. Ok, I just really don't like them.

The word 'literally' used when the correct word is 'figuratively'.

Standing in line while the clerk takes a phone order rather than yours.

The utter lack of etiquette by cell phone users.

At the end of the day when all is said and done I literally make a figurative mess of looking at what people say while driving (talking on my cell phone in a very load voice) and chewing gum with my mouth open. Anyways, I like my bad coffee in good restaurants and interrupt my friends while arguing with the advice they're giving me as I play with my pet spiders. I drive sideways down the highway at a low rate of speed because, damn it, I pay my taxes and I own the road and of course all my trash goes right out the window. Obama's on the radio with the volume cranked in the shop I work at, purposely taking phone orders while dozens of customers wait in line but given that I don't know how to properly work the register or stock the store most throw their potential purchases on the floor and leave. Of course I never pick the stuff up off the floor, I didn't put it there. Anytime I go to an appointment I double park my car with the kids and pets in it, it's just easier for me and besides, I'm more important than anyone else.

Forum List

Back