Pet Food Recall

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Bravo Pet Foods Recalled Due to Salmonella Contamination - DailyFinance

Several varieties of pet food sold nationwide have been recalled after some lots tested positive for salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration reports.

The Bravo brand turkey and chicken dog and cat food products sold since last November were recalled after Nebraska officials tested samples and found salmonella, the FDA said. The company said a third-party testing lab had previously cleared the products prior to distribution.

The recalled pet foods are from a high-end line known as "raw diet," and must be kept refrigerated or frozen.

Symptoms of salmonella infection include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. More serious ailments can develop, the FDA said. Pets suffering from a salmonella infection may be lethargic and suffer from appetite loss. Owners are also at risk: Humans can get sick from handling salmonella-contaminated food, especially if they fail to thoroughly wash their hands after touching the food or surfaces the food was in contact with.

The following products were recalled:

Raw Food Diet Bravo! Turkey Blend for Dogs and Cats
Size: 2 lb. (32 oz.) plastic tubes
Best used by date: 11-05-15
UPC: 829546311025

Bravo! Blends All Natural Chicken Blend Diet for Dogs and Cats
Product Number: 21-102
Size: 2 lb. (32 oz.) plastic tubes
Best used by date: 08-11-16
UPC: 829546211028

Premium Turkey Formula Bravo! Balance Raw Diet
Product Number: 31-405
Size: 5 lb. (80 oz.) 2.3KG plastic tubes
Best used by date: 11-05-15
UPC: 829546314057

Bravo! Blends All Natural Chicken Blend Diet for Dogs and Cats
Product Number: 21-105
Size: 5 lb. (80 oz.) 2.3KG plastic tubes
Best used by date: 08-11-16
UPC: 829546211059

In addition, Bravo is voluntarily recalling all sizes (2 lb., 5 lb. and 10 lb.) of Bravo Chicken Blend(s), Bravo Turkey Blend(s), Bravo Balance Chicken Balance and Bravo Balance Premium Turkey Formula frozen raw diet products with "best used by" dates between June 20, 2016 and Sept. 18, 2016. The company says it's doing that out of "an abundance of caution," as there has been no evidence of an issue involving those products.

If you have purchased any of the recalled items, do not feed it to your pets. They can be returned to the store where they were purchased, or you can download a refund claim form from Bravo's website.

If you have questions about the recall, you can call Bravo at (866) 922-9222, weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (EDT).

Mine eat a mix of Purina (the ONLY dog food NEVER recalled) and homemade chicken stew made by yours truly. :)

Mine eat Blue Buffaloe which has never been recalled.

Purina puts out great horse and live stock food but their dog food sucks.

Look at the first ingredient and it tells the tale.

I don't think I've ever seen a brand called Bravo, but thanks for the alert :)

Mine eat Blue Buffaloe which has never been recalled.

Purina puts out great horse and live stock food but their dog food sucks.

Look at the first ingredient and it tells the tale.

A friend of mine's dog had severe skin allergies, finally figured out to read those ingredients, switched to Blue Buffalo and away went the skin rashes.

Karma was way too fat so I put her on Purina Smart Blalance Heathy Weight and she gobbles it up...and lost 10 lbs!

Forum List

Back