Personal whining, to make a political point

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
So, I'm traveling - visiting friends on the east coast. But I forgot my contact lenses.

No problem, my prescription is very common, I'll just buy some out here.

"Hi, I'm traveling and lost my contacts, I need to buy some. Here's my prescription (.......)"

"Are you a patient here?"

"No, I don't need an eye exam, just some replacement contacts".

"We can't just use your prescription, because {stupid rules), but we can get you in for an appt Tuesday".

"I need them for this weekend."

"Ok, have your doctor email you the prescription, then email it to us and we'll see if we have them in stock"

"Can you just call my doctor?"

"No, because (stupid rules). Just have them email it to you, that will work".

"Great, thanks"

-----------------------------------

My doctor

"Hello - (I explain my situation) - can you email me my prescription?"

"Unfortunately, we can't email it to you because (more stupid rules). Have them call us and we'll fax it to them."

FUCK

This is why people are so fed up with the nanny state. This is why they think COVID is fake and won't wear masks.

Regulators, fuck off!

Last edited:
So, I'm traveling - visiting friends on the east coast. But I forgot my contact lenses.

"Hi, I'm traveling and lost my contacts, I need to buy some. Here's my prescription (.......)"

"We can't just use your prescription, because {stupid rules), but we can get you in for an appt Tuesday".

"Ok, have your doctor email you the prescription, then email it to us and we'll see if we have them in stock"

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

"Unfortunately, we can't email it to you because (more stupid rules). Have them call us and we'll fax it to them."

FUCK

This is why people are so fed up with the nanny state. This is why they think COVID is fake and won't wear masks.

Regulators, fuck off!

The alternative is i can just call your doctor and very easily socially engineer all your medical records

You can just order them from the UK if you have a picture of the description.....They will do some BS virtual appointment if you don't have the script available

That's not the nanny state. That's a pure consumer protection that as an adult you should be able to deal with very easily.

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!

The alternative is i can just call your doctor and very easily socially engineer all your medical records

Bullshit. The doctor has my email on record.

That's not the nanny state. That's a pure consumer protection that as an adult you should be able to deal with very easily.

As a consumer, I don't want to be protected from my own decisions. That absolutely IS the nanny state. The only people being "protected" are the rent-seeking middlemen who profit from gatekeeping.

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!

As a consumer, I don't want to be protected from my own decisions. That absolutely IS the nanny state. The only people being "protected" are the rent-seeking middlemen who profit from gatekeeping.

So what, then i'd just say i'd like to change it. It's the easiest and often most effective way to "hack" into most things.

All looser regulations on the topic would mean is that there was more room to manipulate to get what you want.

You're not being protected from your own decisions. You can hand your data to whoever you want. Your doctors need to be very careful that they not make that choice for you.

Which is why this isn't a nanny state regulation, it's a consumer protection

You wanna post your records on facebook go ahead. What they don't want is your brother or anyone else posting your medical info on facebook without your permission.

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!

So what, then i'd just say i'd like to change it.

And my doctor would simply say, "Sorry you have to come into the office to do that. And bring ID.". -- you're making excuses.

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!

And my doctor would simply say, "Sorry you have to come into the office to do that. And bring ID.". -- you're making excuses.

YEA HE SAYS THAT BECAUSE OF HIPPA

WITHOUT THAT HE'D JUST GIVE IT TO YOU OVER THE PHONE

my god

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!

YEA HE SAYS THAT BECAUSE OF HIPPA

WITHOUT THAT HE'D JUST GIVE IT TO YOU OVER THE PHONE

my god

Or, he says that because it's the policy of the practice. Or, it's not their policy and I choose to do business with them anyway because I don't give a shit is someone knows my contacts prescription. But it should be my call. Not yours. Not the government's.

Protecting people from themselves is not a valid exercise of government power. It's an excuse for people who want to control others.

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!
Nonsense.

The only point made is that those who buy into the ‘nanny state’ myth are as naïve as they are sophomoric.

Necessary and proper regulatory policies with regard to medical care are perfectly appropriate and warranted – what those who are not medical providers might ‘think’ or ‘feel’ to be appropriate is thankfully irrelevant.

Moreover, the issue has more to do with doctors seeking to avoid malpractice lawsuits than ‘the government.’

"Great, thanks"

My doctor

FUCK

Regulators, fuck off!
Sir, I need to see your grandsons lemonade stand business license

Moreover, the issue has more to do with doctors seeking to avoid malpractice lawsuits than ‘the government.’

Exactly. They don't want to be responsible for making the call themselves, so they push it off on government. They force all their competitors do adopt the same practice so that the consumer has no choice. Fuck that. That's not what government is for.

Forum List

Back