Perry's Announcement- no wonder the Obamabots are scared!

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Here are some excerpts from Governor Perry's announcement today.

Rick Perry for President | Why I’m Running

"What I learned in my 20’s traveling the globe as an Air Force pilot, our current president has yet to acknowledge in his 50’s – that we are the most exceptional nation on the face of the earth.

"As Americans, we believe freedom is a gift from God, and government’s prime function is to defend it. We don’t see the role of government as a nanny state, and we recognize there is no government money that wasn’t once earned through the sweat and toil of private citizens.

The change we seek will never emanate out of Washington…it must come from the windswept prairies of Middle America…the farms and factories across this great land…the hearts and minds of God-fearing Americans who will not accept a future that is less than our past…who will not be consigned a fate of less freedom in exchange for more government.

It is up to us…to this present generation of Americans…to take a stand for freedom…to send a signal to Washington that we are taking the country back from the grips of central planners who would control our healthcare, spend our treasure and micro-manage our businesses.

My mission as your president will be to get America working again!

With God’s help, and your courage, we will take our country back."

Yup, this is the guy!

"What I learned in my 20’s traveling the globe as an Air Force pilot, our current president has yet to acknowledge in his 50’s – that we are the most exceptional nation on the face of the earth.

"As Americans, we believe freedom is a gift from God, and government’s prime function is to defend it. We don’t see the role of government as a nanny state, and we recognize there is no government money that wasn’t once earned through the sweat and toil of private citizens.

The change we seek will never emanate out of Washington…it must come from the windswept prairies of Middle America…the farms and factories across this great land…the hearts and minds of God-fearing Americans who will not accept a future that is less than our past…who will not be consigned a fate of less freedom in exchange for more government.

It is up to us…to this present generation of Americans…to take a stand for freedom…to send a signal to Washington that we are taking the country back from the grips of central planners who would control our healthcare, spend our treasure and micro-manage our businesses.

Yup, this is the guy!

Good luck with this bush wanna. LOL The country is made up of some idiots, but not enough to elect another bush into office. Not this soon.

Good luck with this bush wanna. LOL The country is made up of some idiots, but not enough to elect another bush into office. Not this soon.

Do you really think this whole "Texas = Mordor" strategy is going to work for you guys?

At this point, Bush ain't looking too bad. I'd much rather have his term average 5% unemployment to the Community Organizers term average of 9%.

I'd rather have Bush's 150 billion dollar deficits than Obama's 1.4 TRILLION ones.

What is the Republican fascination with thinking Democrats are scared. When I criticize politicians...and keep in mind I'm an Independent fiscal conservative and social Libertarian...I never criticize people because I'm afraid of them. Fear never has anything to do with it.

When Dems and Independents criticize Palin, Bachmann, Perry, or people like Angle and O'Donnell...they don't sound afraid to me. They seem joyous about the fact that these people consistantly embarras themselves and the GOP...or they're happy because a politican has a lot of weaknesses like Perry.

One study I saw, and I take these with a grain of salt, showed that Liberals were better at negotiating complex issues, and Conservatives were better at identifying threats. It's natural for people to think others share their traits, so I guess I'm not surprised that conservatives think liberals are afraid when they criticize, because conservatives are afraid when they criticize.

Do you really think this whole "Texas = Mordor" strategy is going to work for you guys?

At this point, Bush ain't looking too bad. I'd much rather have his term average 5% unemployment to the Community Organizers term average of 9%.

I'd rather have Bush's 150 billion dollar deficits than Obama's 1.4 TRILLION ones.
Clinton handed Bush a steady 3.9% UE rate and Bush handed Obama a 7.6% UE rate that was skyrocketing to over 8% before the stumulus bill was signed and over 10% before the first stimulus dollar was spent.
Bush raised the debt $6 trillion in 8 fiscal years, which averages $750 billion in borrowing per year. But with GOP fuzzy math accounting that comes to 5% UE and $150 billion deficits. :eusa_liar:

Last edited:

Yup, this is the guy!

Will this cause a tingle or a trickle to run on Liberal's legs?

What is the Republican fascination with thinking Democrats are scared. When I criticize politicians...and keep in mind I'm an Independent fiscal conservative and social Libertarian...I never criticize people because I'm afraid of them. Fear never has anything to do with it.

When Dems and Independents criticize Palin, Bachmann, Perry, or people like Angle and O'Donnell...they don't sound afraid to me. They seem joyous about the fact that these people consistantly embarras themselves and the GOP...or they're happy because a politican has a lot of weaknesses like Perry.

One study I saw, and I take these with a grain of salt, showed that Liberals were better at negotiating complex issues, and Conservatives were better at identifying threats. It's natural for people to think others share their traits, so I guess I'm not surprised that conservatives think liberals are afraid when they criticize, because conservatives are afraid when they criticize.

I'm a Conservative. I'm afraid you're wrong.

I'm a Conservative. I'm afraid you're wrong.
How so?....do you mean that fear is NOT what causes righties to criticize lefties?...or do you think that lefties ARE afraid?....or something else?

I thought we would have learned our lesson that talk is cheap after watching Obama in action.

Unlike the Community Organizer, Gov. Perry has a record to run on.

Yes, he certainly does. Here is some of it:

Rick Perry's 'Texas Miracle' Includes Crowded Homeless Shelters, Low-Wage Jobs, Worker Deaths

Perry will be spending a lot of his time on the stump. Dig beneath the talking points and you will find a troubling picture: rising unemployment, a glut of low-wage jobs without benefits, overcrowded homeless shelters and public schools facing billions in budget cuts.
"If you want a bad job, go to Texas," said Texas Rep. Garnet Coleman (D), who represents a district in Houston, in an interview with The Huffington Post. "If you want to work at Carl's Jr., our doors are open, and if you want to go to a crumbling school in a failing school system, this is the place to come."

Texas is struggling right along with every other state. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, Texas had recently bumped up to 8.2 percent unemployment in June which puts it below the national average. In May, job growth slowed statewide. According to a recent report in the Houston Chronicle, Houston's not seasonally adjusted unemployment rate jumped to 9 percent. The unemployment rate has hit double digits in the Rio Grande Valley. In Hildago County, it's 12 percent. Quality of life indexes like child poverty rates put Texas further behind. State Sen. Judith Zaffirini (D) told The Huffington Post her state ranks 48th in teen birth rates, 50th in prenatal care and 46th in income disparity and 50th in the number of persons who receive a high school diploma by age 25.

Of the all the jobs in Texas created last year, 37 percent paid at or below minimum wage -- and the state leads the nation in total minimum wage workers, according to a recent New York Times report.

"The important thing to do is not to just count jobs but to look at what kinds of jobs are being created in Texas," explained Dick Lavine, a Senior Fiscal Analyst with the Center for Public Policy Priorities. "Texas is tied for last with Mississippi for the highest percentage of minimum wage jobs and Texas is by far the leader of residents who don't have health insurance. It's low wage jobs without any benefits."

When it comes to budget gaps, Texas is just like much of the rest of the country. This year, the state faced a projected budget shortfall totaling as much as $27 billion; the legislature also had to contend with a $4.3 billion deficit in its current budget. The state made massive across-the-board cuts to state agencies -- including $4 billion in public school cuts over two years. Perry and the state legislature also ended up closing out funding for pre-kindergarten programs for roughly 100,000 low-income children. Mass layoffs of public sector workers is expected.

Rick Perry's 'Texas Miracle' Includes Crowded Homeless Shelters, Low-Wage Jobs, Worker Deaths

I hope you will read the rest of this article that I couldn't post. In any case, I think Rick Perry is another GWB, actually worse in some ways.

Yup, this is the guy!

Seen from a jet plane, it is.

What would you have if Bush was still President?

Clinton handed Bush a steady 3.9% UE rate and Bush handed Obama a 7.6% UE rate that was skyrocketing to over 8% before the stumulus bill was signed and over 10% before the first stimulus dollar was spent.
Bush raised the debt $6 trillion in 8 fiscal years, which averages $750 billion in borrowing per year. But with GOP fuzzy math accounting that comes to 5% UE and $150 billion deficits. :eusa_liar:

The problem with your logic is that you want to cherry pick any given year.

We all knew the economy was slowing down when Clinton was on his way out. (Not that he had anything to do with his good economy, he just lucked into the Tech Boom).

Also, your statement that Bush raised the debt 6 trillion is pure hogwash. It was closer to four. The Bush deficit was never worse than 400 billion any given year, and was shrinking after 2004 until the Recession hit. On the other hand, HopeNChange's deficits have never been less than a trillion, and he'd consider a deficit of 600 billion to be an accomplishment.

So were things wonderful under Bush? Nope. Where they a damned sight better than they were under B. Hussein? Yup.

Shit.......people gave Obama a whole bunch of flack over just 1 pastor.

What about all the far right fringe idiots that Perry just had over at his prayer rally? Interestingly enough, his prayer rally was FREE, and only 1/2 the stadium was filled.

Besides, he doesn't think anything about people who AREN'T Christian. We are supposed to have freedom of religion, not a theocracy.

Shit.......people gave Obama a whole bunch of flack over just 1 pastor.

What about all the far right fringe idiots that Perry just had over at his prayer rally? Interestingly enough, his prayer rally was FREE, and only 1/2 the stadium was filled.

Besides, he doesn't think anything about people who AREN'T Christian. We are supposed to have freedom of religion, not a theocracy.

He got flack over one pastor who said "God Damn America" and said we had it coming on 9/11. My opinion was he didn't get ENOUGH flak for that.

It wasn't Wright's religion anyone had a problem with, it was his hatred of America and white folks. And this was the Church the Community Organizer was attending for 20 years.

As an agnostic, I have no problem with supporting Perry. If he fixes the economy and makes America strong again, I really don't care what his religious beliefs are.

that's for damn sure 3/4 of the country whishes President Bush was back.

New Topics

Forum List

Back