Perry's A Liar

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Here's some Perry fact checks.....

Scientists are "questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change. … (It is) more and more being put into question."

Actually, consensus is solid

Says the government wants to require farm tractor drivers to hold commercial driver’s licenses even if they’re just crossing a single public road.

Rural legend

Says the state’s budget shortfall is "not that much different" than it was in 2003.

Notably bigger

Says the first word spoken from the moon was "Houston."

"Social Security is indeed a Ponzi scheme."

Says the federal government restricts "how much salt we can put on our food."

Says approximately 70 percent of jobs created in the United States in November 2007-2008 were in Texas.

Only true by overlooking most of United States

PolitiFact | All statements involving Rick Perry

Says President Barack Obama delivered $2 billion to Brazil to help with offshore drilling projects.

Not $2 billion and not from Obama

"The number of uninsured people in Massachusetts is about the same as it was when the mandates were passed in 2006."

Reduction by at least 300,000 is not "about the same"

My "border security efforts have led to a 60 percent decrease in border crime."

Claim omits El Paso, Laredo, Brownsville and other burgs where most people live

Your fear is duly noted!

Seriously, I have to keep asking, why do we not see these fear screeds about Mitt Romney from our resident liberals?

Perhaps because Mitt could actually pull some moderate Dem votes and win. Perry cannot.

after Obama purposefully tries to pass an insane jobs bill the left is going to accuse fiscally responsible conservatives of obstruction to progress ...the left wing liars are then going to try to dump all their failures on the republicans!! A black man blaming republican whiteys for his mistakes......GO FIGURE!!:doubt:

Your fear is duly noted!

Seriously, I have to keep asking, why do we not see these fear screeds about Mitt Romney from our resident liberals?

I am wondering where all these fact checkers were when Obama was not vetted by the press in 2008 or currently?

Here's some Perry fact checks.....

Scientists are "questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change. … (It is) more and more being put into question."

Says the government wants to require farm tractor drivers to hold commercial driver’s licenses even if they’re just crossing a single public road.

Rural legend

"The number of uninsured people in Massachusetts is about the same as it was when the mandates were passed in 2006."

Reduction by at least 300,000 is not "about the same"

My "border security efforts have led to a 60 percent decrease in border crime."

Claim omits El Paso, Laredo, Brownsville and other burgs where most people live

I could not get past...

:lol::lol:

Your fear is duly noted!

I am wondering where all these fact checkers were when Obama was not vetted by the press in 2008 or currently?

Wonder no more. Politifact was awarded a Pulitzer prize for their fact-checking in the 2008 campaign. That included two "pants on fire ratings" for Obama, for his ad tying McCain to Rush Limbaugh and for his claim that "100%" of McCain's ads had been negative.

Note also that the original posters link only finds the Perry claims rated "false" (the second-worst rating). All of Perry's claims investigated by Politifact are available at

PolitiFact | Rick Perry's file

It's a bit unfair to compare multiple personalities head to head on Politifact, since the statements they evaluate aren't a representative sample of the personality's public statements, but let's do it anyway. If we do, we see that Romney and Obama both skew heavily towards "true", while Perry skews towards "false". Examining the individual analyses by Politifact, it's hard to escape the conclusion that Perry has been less truthful than Obama and Romney. Of course, other candidates such as Bachmann fare even worse.

Your fear is duly noted!

Perhaps because Mitt could actually pull some moderate Dem votes and win. Perry cannot.

The Republicans do not need to pull any Moderate Dem Votes to win. They simply need a big turn out from the base, and to swing enough Independents to their side.

Your fear is duly noted!

The Republicans do not need to pull any Moderate Dem Votes to win. They simply need a big turn out from the base, and to swing enough Independents to their side.

One of the largest (if not THE largest) voting blocs are seniors citizens. It's doubtful they'll vote for anyone who refers to SS as a Ponzi Scheme.

Last edited:
Your fear is duly noted!

Oh, wait a minute. Now where have I heard this before? I know I have.

"Hey, you'd better not nominate Mike Huckabee. He's too right wing. You'd better nominate a nice safe moderate like John McCain who can pull in some Dem votes."

Or maybe it was in 1996...

"Hey, you'd better nominate Bob Dole. He can pull Democratic votes".

Come on. Republicans would be fools to base their nomination on who Democrats like.

The Democrats are never going to abandon Obama.

One of the largest (if not THE largest) voting blocs are seniors citizens. It's doubtful they'll vote for anyone who refers to SS as a Ponzi Scheme.

I guess if you assume old people are stupid, yes, that would be the case.

Your fear is duly noted!

Because he's going to make the planet heal and the seas receded.

Damned, Gunny, didn't you hear that?

I guess if you assume old people are stupid, yes, that would be the case.

Uh-huh........:eusa_whistle:

More than three-in-four Americans reject the idea of cutting Social Security benefits, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll. The numbers are similar for cutting Medicare or K-12 education.

WSJ/NBC Poll: Hands Off Medicare, Social Security - Washington Wire - WSJ

Forum List

Back