Perry...the new frontrunner.

A poll? From 2 years ago?

Even your poll shows that most Americans are NOT conservative. They are either liberal or Moderate.

In any case..I am for scraping the electoral college, making voting mandatory for all citizens and using a simple majority to determine the Presidency.

You?

We're not a direct democracy and the government doesn't have the right to tell me that I have to vote for tweedle-dee or tweedle-dum if I don't want to.

Well they have the "right" to make you sit on a jury.

The also have the "right" to conscript you to fight wars overseas.

No, they have the force to do those things, not the right. Might doesn't make right.

Newsflash: Most Americans are either Liberal, Center Left or Center right. The aren't far out like Perry.

In fact on this very board there is thread after thread either advocating voter suppression or wanting to make sure we keep our Antiquated voting methods in tact so that the "fly over" states still have a say. But the Population centers in this country are on the coast.

And after the debt ceiling debacle..a good deal of the country seriously dislikes Republicans and the Tea Party in general. They know the Recession wasn't caused by any of President Obama's policies and they recognize, somewhat, the daunting task that was placed on his administration.

Perry's record has shown he hasn't done very much. The Texas "miracle" is anything but. Most of it is smoke and mirrors.

You are so full of crap. :lol:

Even your poll shows that most Americans are NOT conservative. They are either liberal or Moderate.

In any case..I am for scraping the electoral college, making voting mandatory for all citizens and using a simple majority to determine the Presidency.

You?

40% conservative...21% liberal...sourced and validated.

Good Grief...of course I'm not in favor of forcing people to vote.

If you choose not to vote...that's your decision...not the governments.

You scare me sometimes.​

Last edited:
Guy, I want to qualify this by saying I'm an agnostic and don't have a dog or a God in this fight.

That said, no one has ever lost the presidency because he was "too religious".

ANd somehow, I don't think there is a huge "pro-Bernake" faction out there.. .

You need to stop thinking like a liberal and start thinking like an average american who doesn't give a phook about idealogy or party labels.

All they will see is that we are four years into this recession, and Obama looks hapless. Perry at least looks like he knows what he is doing.

Newsflash: Most Americans are either Liberal, Center Left or Center right.
The aren't far out like Perry.

In fact on this very board there is thread after thread either advocating voter suppression or wanting to make sure we keep our Antiquated voting methods in tact so that the "fly over" states still have a say. But the Population centers in this country are on the coast.

And after the debt ceiling debacle..a good deal of the country seriously dislikes Republicans and the Tea Party in general. They know the Recession wasn't caused by any of President Obama's policies and they recognize, somewhat, the daunting task that was placed on his administration.

Perry's record has shown he hasn't done very much. The Texas "miracle" is anything but. Most of it is smoke and mirrors.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
"Conservatives" Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

gcvrk6v1yky1kpfyiqjhvw.gif
A5rzMQaTupKqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Your full of crap!! How did your poll define conservatism? Anything like how they define Christianity?? LMAO! You can decribe youself as a con, but when we define it, you are one of them.

When that 40% starts refusing their SS & Medicare checks, do let us know........:lol::lol:

Newsflash: Most Americans are either Liberal, Center Left or Center right.
The aren't far out like Perry.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.
A5rzMQaTupKqAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Your full of crap!! How did your poll define conservatism? Anything like how they define Christianity?? LMAO! You can decribe youself as a con, but when we define it, you are one of them.

When that 40% starts refusing their SS & Medicare checks, do let us know........:lol::lol:

"You can decribe youself as a con, but when we define it, you are one of them"

Thanks for clearing that up.

Even without the typos, that makes no sense.

I thinks it's time for your medication.

Last edited:
Perry is GOP flavor of the month

Next month, Republicans will want another sucker

The Narco-Libtards have no place else to go. They won't slit their own throats over principle.
They will be the Code Pink of the political world, especially now that their icon Ron Paul is returning to private life.

As you've shown repeatedly, you clearly have no clue what libertarians are about. Plenty of the Tea Party pretenders will succumb to the lesser-of-two-evils con game, but libertarians will never support Bush the third.

I know exactly what narco-libtards stand for. The question is if you do.
The Tea Party is not libertarian. They are small government conservatives. And they line up more with Rick Perry than with Obama, so guess who gets their vote.

You?

You scare me sometimes.​

Yeah..and 35% are moderate. If you actually read my post..that essentially is how I broke it up. Liberal and Moderate. So your 2 year old poll actually supports my post.

There's a heck of a lot of things the government "chooses" for you. I illustrated 2 above.

I personally think that 41% of the people in the United States voting is a bit more then sickening.

Having a law that compels you to vote is not unusual either. It's done in nations like Australia.

Why is it..that conservatives..who think they are in the majority in this country..are so dead set against having people actually vote?

Eh? :lol:

The Narco-Libtards have no place else to go. They won't slit their own throats over principle.
They will be the Code Pink of the political world, especially now that their icon Ron Paul is returning to private life.

As you've shown repeatedly, you clearly have no clue what libertarians are about. Plenty of the Tea Party pretenders will succumb to the lesser-of-two-evils con game, but libertarians will never support Bush the third.

I know exactly what narco-libtards stand for. The question is if you do.
The Tea Party is not libertarian. They are small government conservatives. And they line up more with Rick Perry than with Obama, so guess who gets their vote.

The Tea Party utterly detests Obama. They detest minorities in general. They are almost all stanch social conservatives.

You?

You scare me sometimes.​

Yeah..and 35% are moderate. If you actually read my post..that essentially is how I broke it up. Liberal and Moderate. So your 2 year old poll actually supports my post.

There's a heck of a lot of things the government "chooses" for you. I illustrated 2 above.

I personally think that 41% of the people in the United States voting is a bit more then sickening.

Having a law that compels you to vote is not unusual either. It's done in nations like Australia.

Why is it..that conservatives..who think they are in the majority in this country..are so dead set against having people actually vote?

Eh? :lol:

I stop no one from voting.

It's totally the choice of the individual....the way it should be.

You are correct...that is a two year old poll...

I found last years...the trend isn't looking so good for you.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Conservatives have maintained their leading position among U.S. ideological groups in the first half of 2010. Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.
[moderates held steady at 35%].

Do you want me to see if they have released a new one for 2011? :razz:

Last edited:
This isn't good news for liberals either:

Independents today are slightly more likely to say they are moderate than conservative, with fewer than 20% identifying as liberal. While this is similar to 2009, it represents an increase in conservatism among this group since 2008.
psoqdieiw0ujtbe5agw84a.gif

Forum List

Back