Perry...the new frontrunner.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Gallup poll has Perry up by 12 points over Romney.

It's his to lose.
Less than two weeks after getting into the Republican presidential primary, Texas Gov. Rick Perry is now leading the field, according to the latest Gallup poll.

Here’s how the numbers break down:

29% Perry

17 Romney

13 Paul

10 Bachmann

4 Cain

4 Gingrich

3 Santorum

1 Huntsman

17 No preference

I've heard a few mentions by some financial talking heads of a Perry/Romney ticket.

PPP has Perry in front as well.

In PPP's first national poll since Rick Perry's official entry into the Presidential race he's jumped out to a double digit advantage. Perry's at 33% to 20% for Mitt Romney, 16% for Michele Bachmann, 8% for Newt Gingrich, 6% for Herman Cain and Ron Paul, 4% for Rick Santorum, and 3% for Jon Huntsman.

Public Policy Polling: Perry leads nationally

But Newt ahead of Paul and Cain? Not sure about that one.

I've heard a few mentions by some financial talking heads of a Perry/Romney ticket.

I think that would be a winning ticket. :thup:

Romney's still young enough to run in 2016. There's no way he's going to hitch his wagon to a nut like Perry.

:rolleyes: I'll just ignore the "nut" part...anyone who thinks Obama has been anything but a miserable failure cannot expect to have their judgement taken seriously. ;)

Romney's 2 and through.

He won't have a better opportunity than being VP after being rejected twice for the nomination.

It's whether his ego can take the hit that will be the deciding factor.

And if Perry wants him as number 2.

Last edited:

That won't happen.

I wouldn't discount it completely.

I'd would figure 40/60 against...but I could be wrong.

I guess as far as the primary goes they have to oppose each other for now which serves to better illustrate their differences so Americans can decide for themselves... Not sure why some think it won't happen but who knows? I am not really into being political, I am just interested in the best interest of Americans. One thing that bothered me that I read about Perry is that he wants to leave reproductive choice up to the states...?

I think that would be a winning ticket. :thup:

Romney's still young enough to run in 2016. There's no way he's going to hitch his wagon to a nut like Perry.

:rolleyes: I'll just ignore the "nut" part...anyone who thinks Obama has been anything but a miserable failure cannot expect to have their judgement taken seriously. ;)

Romney's 2 and through.

He won't have a better opportunity than being VP after being rejected twice for the nomination.

Outside of the little microcasm that is USMB is the real world. And in the real world Perry is not well liked. Not even by members of his own party. He comes with a LOT of baggage too. Right now, polling is pretty screwy for a couple of reasons. First the economy is lousy. But most people know that's not President Obama's fault. Second, the debt ceiling thing turned alot of people off to politics and the government in general (Which I suppose is the aim of the Tea Party).

And once people know more about Perry..they are really going to be turned off to him. He's a mean, nasty, petulant and angry man. Romney's not going anywhere near that.

Romney's 2 and through.

Outside of the little microcasm that is USMB is the real world. And in the real world Perry is not well liked. Not even by members of his own party. He comes with a LOT of baggage too. Right now, polling is pretty screwy for a couple of reasons. First the economy is lousy. But most people know that's not President Obama's fault. Second, the debt ceiling thing turned alot of people off to politics and the government in general (Which I suppose is the aim of the Tea Party).

And once people know more about Perry..they are really going to be turned off to him. He's a mean, nasty, petulant and angry man. Romney's not going anywhere near that.

Could be Perry/Pawlenty :dunno:

Still I doubt Romney would ever turn down the chance to be VP.

Romney's 2 and through.

That's alot more likely.

Perry is garlic for the Democratic vampires. He gains momentum daily. The more people hear him, the more they like him. He does not speak in scripted sound bites, and he has absolutely gets it. He has had 10 years plus in Texas politics, which is not a gentlemen's game. He is also badly underestimated by the Obama camp.
I'd look for a growing surge in momentum as he blows away the other candidates and sharpens his claws on Obama and his disgusting record of failure.

That's alot more likely.
Sallow, who would you like best? It's obvious America is in the mood to tighten its belt a little, at least to me, while still providing comfort for those in need. Who's your real preference for Perry's VP? Really Romney?

That's alot more likely.
Sallow, who would you like best? It's obvious America is in the mood to tighten its belt a little, at least to me, while still providing comfort for those in need. Who's your real preference for Perry's VP? Really Romney?

My perference?

A responsible republican ticket like Huntsman or Romney or someone who isn't batcrap crazy.

I don't want Perry anywhere near the whitehouse.

So I hope he chooses Bachmann if he wins.

Forum List

Back