Perry Blew it, Romney leads, new gallop poll.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
More Voters Considering Romney Than Obama, Perry

Sixty-two percent would definitely vote for Romney or consider doing so
PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

That's 62% people that's a landslide win over Obama. Think, get your emotions out of it, this is business.

Last edited:

PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

Be pragmatic, vote and support the BEST CONSERVATIVE ( and here is the important part) who can WIN the general election. It's hand's down Mitt Romney.

The honeymoon is over for Rick Perry, just as it is for Obama.

Romney has a detailed job's plan that takes 4 hours just to scan, he supports Ryan's cut, cap and balance plan. He will repeal Obama care on day one if we win enough seats in the senate or he will issue a mandate for all states to stop implementation of Obama care on day one. He will repeal the Dodd/ Frank bill that has tied the hands of our lenders, stifling growth.

He has spent most of his life in the private sector and he HAS CREATED thousands of jobs.

He supports Reagan's stance on trade, he is a free trader but it has to be fair. Keep in mind that Reagan created 20 million new jobs and Romney is following his lead on this.

He has a dual degree from Harvard in Law and an MBA in BUSINESS.

And most importantly --- he is the candidate who will make Obama a one term President.

The honeymoon is over for Rick Perry, just as it is for Obama.

Romney has a detailed job's plan that takes 4 hours just to scan, he supports Ryan's cut, cap and balance plan. He will repeal Obama care on day one if we win enough seats in the senate or he will issue a mandate for all states to stop implementation of Obama care on day one. He will repeal the Dodd/ Frank bill that has tied the hands of our lenders, stifling growth.

He has spent most of his life in the private sector and he HAS CREATED thousands of jobs.

He supports Reagan's stance on trade, he is a free trader but it has to be fair. Keep in mind that Reagan created 20 million new jobs and Romney is following his lead on this.

He has a dual degree from Harvard in Law and an MBA in BUSINESS.

And most importantly --- he is the candidate who will make Obama a one term President.

If electing a liberal is what this comes down too. Third party. Again.

Still early. McCain was light years behind in 08. The big problem is this; Perry can't frame his debate against Obama while he's trying to catch up to Romney. So if he does get the Nom; he is going to be playing some catch-up ball against Obama.

Still early though although this is a good sign that people are beginning to realize that Perry is just another professional politician who came in as a poor man and is leaving as a multi-millionaire.

You’re correct, of course. But that’s just not going to fly with the far right.

If electing a liberal is what this comes down too. Third party. Again.

There you go.

And........................

Two different opinions...........

New revelation?

Still early. McCain was light years behind in 08. The big problem is this; Perry can't frame his debate against Obama while he's trying to catch up to Romney. So if he does get the Nom; he is going to be playing some catch-up ball against Obama.

Still early though although this is a good sign that people are beginning to realize that Perry is just another professional politician who came in as a poor man and is leaving as a multi-millionaire.

I am going to stick with Romney, he has the experience, the education, the knowledge that it is going to take to turn our country around and make it a country of opportunity again. He and Herman Cain are the only two candidates that have the business background that this country desperately needs to get on our feet again. The others are life-long government employee's or life long politicians. I think we as a country have had enough of that. Johnson has some private sector experience, as well as Ron Paul, but neither have a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the nomination and most definitely no chance to match up against Obama.

Perry is toast after the last debate and he has no private sector or business experience, he has been a government employee most of his adult life.

Last edited:
Candycorn loves Romney but hates Perry...and her views?

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

WTG.

P.S. - I assume you are a "she" based on your avatar picture. If not, correct me.

Last edited:

I am going to stick with Romney, he has the experience, the education, the knowledge that it is going to take to turn our country around and make it a country of opportunity again. He and Herman Cain are the only two candidates that have the business background that this country desperately needs to get on our feet again. The others are life-long government employee's or life long politicians. I think we as a country have had enough of that. Johnson has some private sector experience, as well as Ron Paul, but neither have a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the nomination and most definitely no chance to match up against Obama.

The election is decided on the 20-25 percent of the people who are split-party voters; Obama and the GOP nominee have 35-40% locked up by simply being the nominee of their parties. Of that 35-40%, a great many are voting against the other guy.

Perry is doing nothing to attract the 20-25%. While I will probably vote for Obama, there are points of Romney's 18,000 point plan (sarcasm) that I liked. The part about regulations having to be approved by Congress if they project to cost a lot of money is very interesting. I like that idea. Allowing corporations to more freely import offshore talent is not very good.

oh, great, a billionaire will represent ME! ha ha

and yeah...a BUSINESSMAN? Running the government as a business? awesome! hahahahaha!

no wonder our country is so screwed up. we DONT NEED BUSINESSMEN running our friggin country! our government IS NOT A BUSINESS!

corporate america has won. they own the media. they own our government. they have americans is such a nannied state in so mnay ways (usually linked to corporate america) that citizens of this country are helpless with corporate america's nannyism. corporate america feeds us, keeps us warm, builds us shelter, builds our roads, keeps us entertained. the original settlers would be shocked how lazy oil addicted americans whine and complain and continue to elect folks that keep allowing more and more access to corporate america. :(

Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

It's all about the economy, stupid.

62% is very strong, that's a landslide, even some dems are swinging his way like they did when they supported Reagan. Conservative dems, that is, not the left-wing nut cases on this board. Romney appeals to the fiscal conservative independents, they CONTROL elections. The democrats fear Romney first, as they know full well that the independent vote is swinging hard towards him.

As far as someone running a 3rd party, I can tell you with some certainty that Palin would come out and throw water on that. She loves her country first and foremost and would come out and strongly oppose that, after that, a 3rd party would not have much support as she carries some strong weight in that arena.

Candycorn loves Romney but hates Perry...and her views?

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

WTG.

If I have to choose between the two, yeah, I would like the one who could likely put out a fire and not want to force a 12 year old girl to get a shot of a dangerous vaccine. I wouldn't say I love Romney but I do love the fact that he isn't likely to simply by fiat mandate that all 6th grade girls get a shot to remedy STDs. I have a bit more faith in the family than you do, comrade.

Romney is conservative in the area that I care most about- the ECONOMY. Socially conservative issues are simply not going to play much of a role in this cycle. Romney looks very strong. I liked him last cycle and I like him now.

62% is very strong, that's a landslide, even some dems are swinging his way like they did when they supported Reagan. Conservative dems, that is, not the left-wing nut cases on this board. Romney appeals to the fiscal conservative independents, they CONTROL elections. The democrats fear Romney first, as they know full well that the independent vote is swinging hard towards him.

As far as someone running a 3rd party, I can tell you with some certainty that Palin would come out and throw water on that. She loves her country first and foremost and would come out and strongly oppose that, after that, a 3rd party would not have much support as she carries some strong weight in that arena.

In 2008 Romney overwhelmingly carried my state in the straw poll and he is shaping up to do that again. We could not beleive that McCain won the nomination, it blew our minds, we are still scratching our heads about that one.

Economic grown up Romney versus economic screw up Obama.

This is Romney's race. He's the only one who will be able to defeat himself. I hope he doesn't. We can't afford any more Obama.

In 2008 Romney overwhelmingly carried my state in the straw poll and he is shaping up to do that again. We could not beleive that McCain won the nomination, it blew our minds, we are still scratching our heads about that one.

I tell everyone that I voted for Palin, not McCain.:lol::lol:

Huckabee was Romney's worst nightmare. If you think about it; Romney and McCain have a lot in common. Huckster was like an IED that would blow one way or the other. He hit Romney.

If Romney is so strong in area of the economy...if his private business experience is such an asset, why couldn't he translate than into jobs when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Texas under Perry created more jobs in two months than Massachusetts under Romney did in four years.

Massachusetts under Romney was 47th lowest in the country in job creation.

Only three states were worse.

While Texas under Perry created more jobs than the other 49 state COMBINED.

If Romney can create jobs in the private sector...that's what he should do to help the country, because he was a failure at leading Massachusetts to job growth as Governor.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back