Pepe Le Pew banned

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepé Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepé "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepé Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.

So....now some of our favorite cartoons are a no no. When is this insanity going to stop? Blow can blow me.

Youtube has not taken the cartoons down yet. I wonder when they will jump on the bandwagon?

In the wake of Dr. Seuss Enterprises' announcement that six old books would no longer be printed, culture critics are putting fresh attention on other aspects of children's media — including The Looney Tunes' Pepé Le Pew. On Wednesday, Charles M. Blow wrote an opinion column for The New York Times saying, among other things, that Pepé "normalized rape culture."

Blow pointed to the problematic features of children's media as well, recalling even more obscure old characters like Speedy Gonzales and Mammy Two Shoes. However, the condemnation of Pepé Le Pew seemed to hit some readers especially hard.

So....now some of our favorite cartoons are a no no. When is this insanity going to stop? Blow can blow me.

Looks like Cuomo attacking his prey.

Wait. Pepe is gender confused because the other dude doesn't want his advances

Pepe thinks he is a girl. What is the problem. Gender confused homo

Last edited:
Normalize rape culture. :rolleyes:

Rape is not about sex or love or romance. Its about CONTROL. These people are idiots.
Well what do you call it when a male is oblivious to the fact that his feelings are not being reciprocated and/or are unwanted? It's one thing if he's merely stating how he feels but even though it's a cartoon, it's obvious the only thing that is important is what HE wants even though it's CLEARLY written on her face and body language how she feels yet he's all over her attempting to romance her.

Youtube has not taken the cartoons down yet. I wonder when they will jump on the bandwagon?

There is no “bandwagon”
People are going to go underground to do things as the tyranny picks up more and more team. I would never believe that men and women who go to Church one day in America would be forced to do it at some point.

Nothing has been “Banned”

Somebody just wrote an opinion piece

In which cartoon did he rape someone? I must have missed it
Think about it. Pepe in every cartoon did exactly what Cuomo was accused of.

And they want to throw Cuomo out of office for it.

Think.
well Cuomo is a real person, and Gov at that, Pepe is a cartoon stun skunk....fyi, it's also not a good idea to drop pianos on other people....

but you have a point, maybe it's too much to ask for Dems not to act like Looney Tunes characters

The Biden administration needs to create a set of laws that modern day creators of art and entertainment have to abide by to navigate the minefield of triggering micro-aggressions.

Forum List

Back