Peoria Artist says man posed as building owner, hired him for mural, then disappeared...puts in Russian "peace, love, cookies" with Cookie Monster LOL

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
:auiqs.jpg: :4_13_65::heehee: This has me in tears, even though it's a dirty trick. I can't help it, the image has me in stitches

Check out the mural some guy was paid to paint. A massive Cookie Monster on the side of a building with a Russian term.

Ooooo those Russians! LOL. They are everywhere spreading their propaganda!

Funniest part was the artist getting a call from the real building owner "what the hell did you paint on my building?!"

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A Peoria artist is looking for the man who commissioned him for a mural on a building on Jefferson Ave. in November.

Local artist Joshua Hawkins said a man named “Nate” hired him last month to paint a mural on his building and offered Hawkins more than he was asking to do it.

Hawkins said he met that man twice, first when the man dropped off paint and the first half of the payment, and again when the man brought the final payment before the piece was finished.

He said at the time, he didn’t think anything about the situation was off and said the mural took him and a crew three days to paint.

“Then, like some of the things started to click and I realized like well the guy met me at the building but he didn’t really stay too long, he was kind of rushed and took off quick. I never went inside the building, he met me outside to drop off paint and money,” said Hawkins.

When it was done, he called the man who hired him and hasn’t gotten a call back. Last week, to his surprise, Hawkins said he got a call from the building’s actual owner, also named Nate.

“I thought it was like a prank at first. So he calls and he asks for Josh and I say, you know, this is him and he says, so what the hell did you paint on my building, and I kind of chuckle cause I was like, well I was hired to paint it,” said Hawkins. “I’m not really sure what the guy’s motive was. I really wish I could get a hold of him just so to like find out, but you know he paid, so I’m happy with that part.”

On Saturday, Hawkins shared his experience on Facebook but said he still doesn’t know the man’s motive.

Last edited:
Peace, love, cookies covers my theme in life. Kudos to the guy who asked for it to be painted and the guy who painted it. They owner who covered it up, is a grinch! Lol!

Forum List

Back