People are lining up WEEKS BEFORE the PS3 release

That's retarded, and so is anyone who pays $600 for that thing. I seriously may get a WII pretty soon, depending on how many good games'll be out for it. Hooray for Nintendo for thinking way outside the box and, hopefully, being rewarded for it.

This is all going on the basis that the WII will have good games to go along with that controller. If not, it just seems stupid, I supposed.

Red steel looks pretty good for the WII. The PS3 will not be worth the price. The X-box 360 is finally going to get the good games rolling soon. Gears of War is out and has gotten good reviews. Halo three is slated for 07. Several other games are looking good as well.

PS3 will eventually have good games, but just not right off.

Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIII Versus.

However, Wii has the new Super Smash Brothers with Solid Snake. <3 <3

you know this is something I have never understood about PS and Xbox they come up with new generations everycouple of years yet Nintendo comes out with a new platform about every 4 years and the price is a fraction of the others. there will be about 400,000 PS3 released this year, there will be about 4,000,000 nintendo Wii released in the us this year for less than half the price. Can you say rip off. Teh nintendo games for a new realise are $49.00 a new realise for Xbox is $60.00 why is that do they do something special to justify the higher expense???

you know this is something I have never understood about PS and Xbox they come up with new generations everycouple of years yet Nintendo comes out with a new platform about every 4 years and the price is a fraction of the others. there will be about 400,000 PS3 released this year, there will be about 4,000,000 nintendo Wii released in the us this year for less than half the price. Can you say rip off. Teh nintendo games for a new realise are $49.00 a new realise for Xbox is $60.00 why is that do they do something special to justify the higher expense???

Don't forget the WII is reverse compatible with the Gamecube, and you can download N64, SNES, and NES games for it (for a fee of course). Not only are they presenting what is, theoretically, a cool new system, they're offering 20 years' worth of great games, too.

Of course, only certain games will be available for download at first, but if I can get Goldeneye, Mario 64, and/or Blitz for the 64, I'll be happy.

Don't forget the WII is reverse compatible with the Gamecube, and you can download N64, SNES, and NES games for it (for a fee of course). Not only are they presenting what is, theoretically, a cool new system, they're offering 20 years' worth of great games, too.

Of course, only certain games will be available for download at first, but if I can get Goldeneye, Mario 64, and/or Blitz for the 64, I'll be happy.

have they stated how much the old nes games will cost to download? if it's not that much i might just get a wii so i can download all my old nes games.

have they stated how much the old nes games will cost to download? if it's not that much i might just get a wii so i can download all my old nes games.

NES = $5
Genesis = $8
SNES = $8
N64 = $10

Not bad, if you ask me.

The fact is Nintendo's marketing strategy is far superior to the other companies. They were the only ones who made a profit off the last generation of consules as well. Both the other systems have lost money on it. Why?

Simple because Sony and Microsoft keep going state of the art systems. Nintendo isnt going state of the art, so its not as expensive to make. Then Nintendo is making cheap fun games. And while the other two systems might have some nice titles at some point, its just not worth it right now.

And whats more, I am not sure how much better the systems can get. I mean yeah the technology can do more but they start looking the same. so you need quality games, with story and game play and not just graphics.

The fact is XBox and Playstation 3 are going to be money losers in the long run. Which is why Nintendo's marketing strategy is so brillitant. Just make a profit, flood the market with your games, and drive the competition out of business.

PS3 mania has hit us up here in the sticks too

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061116/NEWS01/611160379/1006/

The local radio station reported that people are willing to wait in line for 36 hours to buy one. There also were reports that some people are planning to sell the PS3s on eBay once the get them for as much as $2500.

There are some things worth standing in line for (the Rolling Stones and, perhaps, a good hamburger :) ), but I don't see the logic of this.

Of course, it's always something this time of year. I remember "Tickle Me Elmo" and "Cabbage Patch Dolls" caused widespread hysteria among Christmas shoppers in years past.

I had no idea the Wii was going to be so cheap, but I've been planning to get the PS3 for a long time. I simply love games like Devil May Cry and Grand Turismo, but I am also really hoping for some really nice RPGs to come out. I still have my old nintendo systems and my favorite games so its not worth it for me to re-purchase them on the Wii.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to get a Wii, if I can find one. I'm damn sure not going to wait in line for one, but from what I hear, Nintendo's really flooding the market, so I should be able to get one.

Did anyone see my thread about the PS3 not being backwards compatible with a lot of games? I figured that would get more replies than it did.

lol

Nintendo finally did what i always thought was the brilliant move. Make ALOT of units to ship right away instead of creating a fake shortage to pump up demand. Ship as many units to as many people as fast as possible has always been my philosophy. The more people with your system means the more people are buying your games. Demand doesnt bring in a single dime till a system is bought.

Sony i think is going to fail this generation. 360 has been beating everyone over the head with advertising for a year and now they are getting the big name titles coming out like Gears and Halo 3 is right around the corner. Plus the price is too much to justify. They had to lower it in Japan just to get consumers to buy it. Japan buys anything video game related and market studies showed that they were balking at the $600 tag. It was dropped to around $500 and games were dropped to around $50 instead of $60.

Sony outpriced themselves this time i believe.

Forum List

Back