People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

And still liberal protesters have destroyed their shops at least twice during their temper tantrums.

"And still liberal protesters have destroyed their shops at least twice during their temper tantrums."

That's because they're stupid and also mentally ill.

Would their coffee become more or less suckful if they do as they say they might?

If it's "less" then I might be tempted to try it again.

The only reason why people buy Starbucks is because they've marketed themselves very successfully as being in some way trendy.
They have always marketed themselves as being LIBERAL-Trendy.
I went into the original Starbucks in Seattle many years ago.
The place was PACKED with people wearing little green military style ballcaps with a little RED star on them and/or Castro t-shirts.
Today I can go into a local Starbucks and see prissy/prancing LIB males wearing 'man-buns' and sweaty hairy bull dykes wearing 'Doc Martins'.

Why do people HATE the idea of hiring refugees?

If Starbucks said they were going to hire 1,000 unemployed rust belt white guys...would you be outraged? It's their business if they want to support refugees and given that refugees are specifically under attack by folks just for being refugees, or more specifically Muslim refugees - I applaud Starbucks. My mother lives in an area with a lot of Burmese refugee resettlement and the entire community helps out with employment and support. This is a bad thing?

It is discriminatory, all quotas are.

Ok, whatever.

I don't think it's a bad thing. It's no different then a company deciding it's going to hire local talent. Or, for that matter - companies choosing to hire US labor over foreign labor.
Your kind doesn't think anything that hurts America is bad.

Employment hurts America?

Of course employment doesn't hurt America, what hurts Americans though is employing immigrants in place of Americans. It's one of the reasons President Trump was elected, because too many Americans have been thrown overboard in the job market.

Actually unemployment is the best it's been since the recession. In most cases they aren't employing immigrants IN PLACE OF Americans. They're hiring immigrants who are highly skilled and offer something they might not be able to find in the local labor pools or they are hiring immigrants to do dirty, hard low paying jobs Americans don't want to do (for example seasonal farm labor and dairy labor).

Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

People are boycotting Starbucks after CEO announces plan to hire thousands of refugees

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.

the people "boycotting" can't afford starbucks.

I'm pretty sure that they're ok with it.

Seems the backlash is real if companies don't have an American first attitude. We have a similar program in Canada where donut shops and fast food places fly in foreign workers to take the important jobs that young Canadians would have to get work experience and such. It defies logic to me.

(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US." class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)--sm Mt(0.8em)--sm" data-type="text" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">(Howard Schultz, the chairman, president, and CEO of Starbucks.Tina Fineberg/AP)
Some Starbucks customers are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO took a stand against President Donald Trump's executive order barring immigrants from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question," CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a letter to Starbucks employees about the plan.

While many customers were immediately supportive of Starbucks' actions on social media, others threatened to boycott after the letter's release.

the people "boycotting" can't afford starbucks.

I'm pretty sure that they're ok with it.

Why, how liberal and inclusive of you...

Starbucks who sell nasty coffee, their Stocks are just plunging :smoke:

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Never heard of Joe The Plumber before today, but I like him already and yes Starbucks should hire 10,000 Veterans rather than 10,000 Kebabs and Sub-Saharan Africans.

Joe The Plumber: Starbucks Should Hire 10K Veterans Rather Than 10K Refugees

"Liberty Alliance vice president Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as "Joe The Plumber", said Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz should focus on hiring 10,000 veterans rather than pledging to hire that number of refugees.

Wurzelbacher called Schultz' announcement "political grandstanding".

He said that Schultz ironically can only make such a pledge because of the policy platform of President Trump, who the executive opposes."

Starbucks is overrated. There are plenty of other gourmet coffees out there. I just say...bye bye Starbucks..

View attachment 109960

Exactly and I should add I'm very specific about my coffee, there is nothing worse than nasty coffee.

In particular I like Costa Rican coffee, I recommend Café Britt, it's also available to buy from Amazon.

71t0Abeln4L._SY450_.jpg

Also Café Britt Espresso, again it's also available to buy from Amazon.

Costa-Rican-Espresso-Whole-bean.jpg

Also I like Café 1820 Grano Entero Clasico Costa Rican whole bean.

61w8luG3SiL._SX522_.jpg

And Café 1820 Reserva Especial Costa Rican ground.

617BckyslPL._SX522_.jpg

Okay I better stop there or I'll be in this thread all day indulging in my Gourmet Coffee obsession.
Costa Rican is also my favorite. The reason Costa Rican coffee is so good is because it is grown in rainforests in the soil of dormant volcanos.

It is discriminatory, all quotas are.

Ok, whatever.

I don't think it's a bad thing. It's no different then a company deciding it's going to hire local talent. Or, for that matter - companies choosing to hire US labor over foreign labor.
Your kind doesn't think anything that hurts America is bad.

Employment hurts America?

Of course employment doesn't hurt America, what hurts Americans though is employing immigrants in place of Americans. It's one of the reasons President Trump was elected, because too many Americans have been thrown overboard in the job market.

Actually unemployment is the best it's been since the recession. In most cases they aren't employing immigrants IN PLACE OF Americans. They're hiring immigrants who are highly skilled and offer something they might not be able to find in the local labor pools or they are hiring immigrants to do dirty, hard low paying jobs Americans don't want to do (for example seasonal farm labor and dairy labor).
And you know this how? (You don't, you just parrot crap you have been fed)

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Never heard of Joe The Plumber before today, but I like him already and yes Starbucks should hire 10,000 Veterans rather than 10,000 Kebabs and Sub-Saharan Africans.

"Liberty Alliance vice president Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as "Joe The Plumber", said Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz should focus on hiring 10,000 veterans rather than pledging to hire that number of refugees.

He said that Schultz ironically can only make such a pledge because of the policy platform of President Trump, who the executive opposes."

Joe the Plumber credibility might be a bit overrated....

Starbucks had the perfect response to Trump supporters accusing the company of hiring refugees instead of veterans

"Instead of hiring 10,000 AMERICAN VETERANS, #Starbucks has decided to hire 10,000 'refugees,'" a Twitter user wrote.

"Calling on all Americans to #BoycottStarbucks!"

In fact, Starbucks pledged four years ago to do exactly that.

In 2013, the coffee giant announced a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans by the end of 2018 — in essence, the same commitment that CEO Howard Schultz made on Sunday to refugees. The company says it has hired more than 8,000 veterans and military spouses since 2014.

So...sure folks, go ahead and boycott a company that has pledged to hire veterans and in 4 years has hired 8,000. Is it not possible to hire both veterans and refugees?

I wonder if anyone is going to call this "discrimminatory" ;)

What a load of crap. I know several college kids that applied during a Starbucks job fair...none even got call backs because they didn't have barista certificates . Yet they are going to hire "immigrants" and " refugee's"? Not. They are just grandstanding for media attention.

Praise Kek!

t3_5rbcw9-618x433.png

Joe the Plumber credibility might be a bit overrated....

Starbucks had the perfect response to Trump supporters accusing the company of hiring refugees instead of veterans

"Instead of hiring 10,000 AMERICAN VETERANS, #Starbucks has decided to hire 10,000 'refugees,'" a Twitter user wrote.

"Calling on all Americans to #BoycottStarbucks!"

In fact, Starbucks pledged four years ago to do exactly that.

In 2013, the coffee giant announced a commitment to hire 10,000 veterans by the end of 2018 — in essence, the same commitment that CEO Howard Schultz made on Sunday to refugees. The company says it has hired more than 8,000 veterans and military spouses since 2014.

So...sure folks, go ahead and boycott a company that has pledged to hire veterans and in 4 years has hired 8,000. Is it not possible to hire both veterans and refugees?

I wonder if anyone is going to call this "discrimminatory" ;)
Both are equally discriminatory. It's the issuance of favoritism (quotas) that is the issue, not the group upon which favor is being given.

Would their coffee become more or less suckful if they do as they say they might?

If it's "less" then I might be tempted to try it again.

The only reason why people buy Starbucks is because they've marketed themselves very successfully as being in some way trendy.
They have always marketed themselves as being LIBERAL-Trendy.
I went into the original Starbucks in Seattle many years ago.
The place was PACKED with people wearing little green military style ballcaps with a little RED star on them and/or Castro t-shirts.
Today I can go into a local Starbucks and see prissy/prancing LIB males wearing 'man-buns' and sweaty hairy bull dykes wearing 'Doc Martins'.
Yeah. Those greasy man buns and scraggly muslim inspired beards that are trendy now need to go.

Not attractive.

Forum List

Back