Pentagon Won’t Throw Traditional Farewell Ceremony for Trump

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Yep - It is for the best. Load him onto a plane and get him the hell OUT. :up:

The Pentagon, in a break with recent tradition, will not host an Armed Forces Farewell tribute to President Donald Trump.​
It’s a shame, but not a surprise. Trump will leave office in disgrace, one week after the House voted a second time for his impeachment, two weeks after his supporters staged a deadly siege in the Capitol Building, six months after he dragged his Joint Chiefs chairman into a political firestorm, and after four years of nonstop assaults on truth. One of those disgraces is how he is ghosting the U.S. troops that he commanded.​
On Wednesday, the White House announced that this weekend Vice President Mike Pence “will deliver remarks to sailors on the Trump Administration’s historic foreign policy achievements at Naval Air Station Lemoore,” and then to the 10th Mountain Division, in Fort Drum, New York. Two senior defense officials confirmed to Defense One on Thursday that no military farewell is being planned for the commander in chief.​
Perhaps it’s for the best. Trump has used the military as a political prop since his first days in office, from signing MAGA hats for troops to giving partisan-fueled speeches in the heart of the Pentagon. American’s soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines have been made to stand at attention for Trump’s rants long enough.​

Trump%2B-%2BYoure%2BFired.jpeg

The Pentagon, in a break with recent tradition, will not host an Armed Forces Farewell tribute to President Donald Trump.​
It’s a shame, but not a surprise. Trump will leave office in disgrace, one week after the House voted a second time for his impeachment, two weeks after his supporters staged a deadly siege in the Capitol Building, six months after he dragged his Joint Chiefs chairman into a political firestorm, and after four years of nonstop assaults on truth. One of those disgraces is how he is ghosting the U.S. troops that he commanded.​
On Wednesday, the White House announced that this weekend Vice President Mike Pence “will deliver remarks to sailors on the Trump Administration’s historic foreign policy achievements at Naval Air Station Lemoore,” and then to the 10th Mountain Division, in Fort Drum, New York. Two senior defense officials confirmed to Defense One on Thursday that no military farewell is being planned for the commander in chief.​
Perhaps it’s for the best. Trump has used the military as a political prop since his first days in office, from signing MAGA hats for troops to giving partisan-fueled speeches in the heart of the Pentagon. American’s soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines have been made to stand at attention for Trump’s rants long enough.​

It should be a good riddance ceremony.

Did you see the remarks by the current secretary of defense? He doesn't sound like he knows how many sides are on the Pentagon.

" I so…I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me. But part of me is like, I would have loved to have gotten involved in the acquisition process and try…and you know, talk about wicked problem. I wanted to take that one on….F-35s, the case study. Although, I gotta tell you, yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said ‘what are you flying?’ Said ‘F-35,’ I was like that’s a piece of…and he was like…and he laughed, and I was like, ‘no seriously, tell me about it,’ and he was…an F-16 guy, F-35, he said…’unbelievable aircraft,’ I’m not…I…that investment, for…that capability, that we’re never supposed to use, ‘well, we have to deter, blah blah bluh blah… "

This is the guy who is leading the department of defense...not the copy room attendant.

The blob hired this boob...

“Trump has used the military as a political prop since his first days in office, from signing MAGA hats for troops to giving partisan-fueled speeches in the heart of the Pentagon.” ibid

One of scores of reasons why Trump was voted out of office, and thankfully so; he was truly unfit to be president.

Did you see the remarks by the current secretary of defense? He doesn't sound like he knows how many sides are on the Pentagon.

" I so…I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me. But part of me is like, I would have loved to have gotten involved in the acquisition process and try…and you know, talk about wicked problem. I wanted to take that one on….F-35s, the case study. Although, I gotta tell you, yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said ‘what are you flying?’ Said ‘F-35,’ I was like that’s a piece of…and he was like…and he laughed, and I was like, ‘no seriously, tell me about it,’ and he was…an F-16 guy, F-35, he said…’unbelievable aircraft,’ I’m not…I…that investment, for…that capability, that we’re never supposed to use, ‘well, we have to deter, blah blah bluh blah… "

This is the guy who is leading the department of defense...not the copy room attendant.

Oh - My - GOD. :rolleyes-41:

Oh - My - GOD. :rolleyes-41:

Its incredible... We went from James Mattis to whatever that was....in less than 2 years.

“Trump has used the military as a political prop since his first days in office, from signing MAGA hats for troops to giving partisan-fueled speeches in the heart of the Pentagon.” ibid

One of scores of reasons why Trump was voted out of office, and thankfully so; he was truly unfit to be president.

Trump loved the military
But only those who were not captured

As a serial, aggressive draft dodger and a faux flag lover, being shunned by the military as he sails into oblivion is most appropriate.

As the country slides into communism, an honor to the last American president is politically inappropriate.

All self inflicted. He didn't even try to pivot into being President of anyone other than the angry white base that helped him back into the job. Everybody else could GFY. He's gonna slink out of town in the morning and expect to be sent off like a dictator?...erm hero? I don't think so.

He kept the peace. The neo cons seem to have moved to the Prog side. The chances have improved for soldiers to die and and/or be disabled.

Forum List

Back