Pentagon Announces It Will Withdraw Troops From Iraq....But

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Pentagon apologizes for ‘poorly written’ letter suggesting U.S. troops are pulling out of Iraq after Soleimani strike

Finally the Pentagon grants my wish and sends a letter to the Iraqi government that it will agree to their demands -- and withdraw troops from Iraq....This is awesome news!!!

For years, there has been an overwhelming majority of the country demanding that we leave Iraq -- even electing a president who was wise enough to know that invading Iraq was a complete disaster -- a president who was brave enough to tell the neo-cons and Bushees that the Bush admin lied and American soldiers died....a president who had the balls to say that Bush should have been impeached for dragging us into Iraq -- I admit, I was worried with all of this rah rah talk when Soleimani was killed -- but cooler heads prevailed and we are finally leaving out of Iraq!!

"President Trump’s military leaders had to go on the defensive Monday after a leaked letter on Pentagon stationery suggested American troops were pulling out of Iraq amid heightened tensions in the wake of the U.S. killing of a top Iranian general. The letter — which was signed by U.S. Marine Corps Gen. William Seely and addressed to Iraq’s defense ministry — stated American forces were preparing to get “out of Iraq” over the course of “the coming days and weeks” in response to the country’s parliament voting to expel them --- 'We respect your sovereignty decision to order our departure,” the letter stated....But Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon that the letter was just a “poorly written” draft....."The long and the short of it is, it’s an honest mistake,” Milley said."

In the immortal words of Rick Perry....."Ooops"

Which brings me back to what I said yesterday.....why the fuck are we still there?? Is this where we run out the Bush line of "we gotta fight em over there so we don't fight em over here" bullshit again??

Conservative voters require a hot war. Doesn't matter who or why. Iraq and Afghanistan are failures, seems winning the peace is boring and expensive.

Pentagon apologizes for ‘poorly written’ letter suggesting U.S. troops are pulling out of Iraq after Soleimani strike

Finally the Pentagon grants my wish and sends a letter to the Iraqi government that it will agree to their demands -- and withdraw troops from Iraq....This is awesome news!!!

For years, there has been an overwhelming majority of the country demanding that we leave Iraq -- even electing a president who was wise enough to know that invading Iraq was a complete disaster -- a president who was brave enough to tell the neo-cons and Bushees that the Bush admin lied and American soldiers died....a president who had the balls to say that Bush should have been impeached for dragging us into Iraq -- I admit, I was worried with all of this rah rah talk when Soleimani was killed -- but cooler heads prevailed and we are finally leaving out of Iraq!!

"President Trump’s military leaders had to go on the defensive Monday after a leaked letter on Pentagon stationery suggested American troops were pulling out of Iraq amid heightened tensions in the wake of the U.S. killing of a top Iranian general. The letter — which was signed by U.S. Marine Corps Gen. William Seely and addressed to Iraq’s defense ministry — stated American forces were preparing to get “out of Iraq” over the course of “the coming days and weeks” in response to the country’s parliament voting to expel them --- 'We respect your sovereignty decision to order our departure,” the letter stated....But Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters at the Pentagon that the letter was just a “poorly written” draft....."The long and the short of it is, it’s an honest mistake,” Milley said."

Which brings me back to what I said yesterday.....why the fuck are we still there?? Is this where we run out the Bush line of "we gotta fight em over there so we don't fight em over here" bullshit again??

About time. When we leave we need to take every piece of equipment, every bullet and every gun with us. Leave them with what they had when Saddam ran the country.

I'd love to have all of our troops out of the ME. Let those sorry bastards kill themselves like they have been doing since the 7th Century.

Does it have more to do with the degree to which the US economy depends on global arms and oil sales?
4183.jpeg

Infographic: The West Dominates Global Arms Sales

As a possibly related aside, I've just heard global data sales has recently eclipsed global oil sales?

‘The Great Hack’ Review: How Your Data Became a Commodity

Conservative voters require a hot war. Doesn't matter who or why. Iraq and Afghanistan are failures, seems winning the peace is boring and expensive.
I reckon leftists do too considering they always vote in war mongers.

About time. When we leave we need to take every piece of equipment, every bullet and every gun with us. Leave them with what they had when Saddam ran the country.

I'd love to have all of our troops out of the ME. Let those sorry bastards kill themselves like they have been doing since the 7th Century.
I agree Claudette...I knew we were destined to be soul mates

:11_2_1043:

Forum List

Back