Pennsylvania voting machines changing votes

BBCAmerica

May 23, 2012
Just saw on the news that Pennsylvania voting machine is giving Obama votes to Romney. There is video and the machine has been removed. Posting on my phone so please get the video and post it. Wonder what happens to votes already cast on that machine

It is going both ways. Machines are not perfect. I would imagine the votes are setting stone though

Just saw on the news that Pennsylvania voting machine is giving Obama votes to Romney. There is video and the machine has been removed. Posting on my phone so please get the video and post it. Wonder what happens to votes already cast on that machine

I knew there was something fishy about all that "voter fraud" talk from the Republicans. Typical sleight-of-hand trick, get 'em looking one way while... :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOj2IPulNPA]ALERT: 2012 Voting Machines Caught Altering Votes TODAY - YouTube[/ame]

where was your outrage at the machines casting Obama votes when they chose Romney?

where was your outrage at the machines casting Obama votes when they chose Romney?

The outrage should lie in the fact that the Republicans insisted this was solely a Dem problem. If they hadn't lied about it, maybe we could laugh it off as a simple machine malfunction, but now it just looks fishy. :doubt:

The guy who shot the video above posted on reddit:

I'm the guy who shot the video, hopefully this doesn't get burried. You guys have questions, I have answers.
My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.
I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.
I asked the voters on either side of me if they had any problems and they reported they did not. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She him hawed for a bit then calmly said "It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK." and went back to what she was doing. I then recorded this video.

Sounds like one faulty machine. The voters on either side of him did not have this problem.

The little old ladies who work at voting precincts do not receive enough training to handle these kinds of problems.

The outrage should lie in the fact that the Republicans insisted this was solely a Dem problem. If they hadn't lied about it, maybe we could laugh it off as a simple machine malfunction, but now it just looks fishy. :doubt:

please show me who claimed this was solely a Dem problem and that it was not or could not happen the other way around as it did in the video posted. Certainly wasn't me.

It's the Halliburton made "D2R" chip that we installed in the Diebold machines in OH in 2004. It flips votes from Democrat to Republican, hence D2R.

Karl Rove came up with the name.

Well shoe me a video and not just the word os some guy and I'll show you.

Well shoe me a video and not just the word os some guy and I'll show you.

Predictable hack idiot ^ is predictable. And he's an idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOj2IPulNPA]ALERT: 2012 Voting Machines Caught Altering Votes TODAY - YouTube[/ame]

You realize that PA voting machines look nothing like that, right?

tumblr_lr43eik7KD1r23w17o1_500.jpg

No, that the dems wanted to play victim to those fighting voter fraud is the case.
As with food stamps, cool, revenge etc...

Really? How does the machine do that? How did they catch it? I can see all sorts of claims of "voting irregularity" coming from both camps coming.

The guy who shot the video above posted on reddit:

I'm the guy who shot the video, hopefully this doesn't get burried. You guys have questions, I have answers.
My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.
I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.
I asked the voters on either side of me if they had any problems and they reported they did not. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She him hawed for a bit then calmly said "It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK." and went back to what she was doing. I then recorded this video.

Sounds like one faulty machine. The voters on either side of him did not have this problem.

The little old ladies who work at voting precincts do not receive enough training to handle these kinds of problems.

Yeah one faulty voting machine here and one there = tens of thousands of votes. This has been what I have been saying from the start of this voter ID crap. We need to stop wide scale voter fraud. There was a woman caught trying to vote twice she was charged with a felony. Who will be charge for this? Voter ID's don't mean dick. It's when a presidential candidate in 2004 was losing Ohio and in the span of a couple late night hours (12am -2am) miraculously pulled in over 300,000 votes (technically impossible) to win . And when 60 Ohio counties illegally destroyed all records before the set date making a recount impossible. This is the kind of voted fraud that needs to be stopped.

Montgomery County's voting machines have a very different look. voterservices: Voting Machine Demonstration Video

But isn't it possible that other counties in PA use DIFFERENT machines?

Montgomery County's voting machines have a very different look. voterservices: Voting Machine Demonstration Video

But isn't it possible that other counties in PA use DIFFERENT machines?

Well I know that here in Ohio there are a few counties that changed to the machines that the Romney's have steak in but ours are the same as last year.

I started out doubting it, but now all I can say is wow! Imagine how many people in a rush could miss that and keep on going.

Forum List

Back