Pennsylvania Senate candidate who lives on the West Virginia border attacks Manchin in CNN op-ed

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

everything will fall into place if the filibuster is eliminated forever

• Banned
it seems Washington is overrun with cartoon villains, my friends!

• Banned
"If I were in the Senate now, my "yes" vote on the For the People Act would not be about my party. It would not be about politics. This is about doing what I know is right, guaranteeing that everyone has the right to vote.

The contents of the bill should not be controversial. And the fact that zero Republicans have signed on to a bill designed to ensure all Americans are granted their constitutional right to cast a ballot says far more about the state of the Republican Party than the bill itself.

The US Senate needs to pass it and send it to President Joe Biden's desk. And when Senate Republicans attempt to tank the bill by using the filibuster -- a racist mechanism so often deployed to suppress voting rights -- then the Democrats must take action and abolish the filibuster to make sure it is passed. Some Democrats, like Manchin, who are refusing to reform the filibuster are telling us that allegiance to a flawed Senate rule is more important to them than democracy itself. They're wrong.

The Senate needs to act now. It is time to abolish the filibuster and pass the For the People Act. Our democracy depends on it."

Last edited:
it used to be Trump, but now Manchin is the spokesman and defender and savior of white America, to the detriment of minorities!
When I need something fixed, rehabbed or renovated...most are white males. even with corrupted asses part of the same.

All the dems try to play is the race card. That charge is easily ignored.
1623410991675.png

It’s highly funny to watch the same lefties who cheered people like Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and the late John McCain for going against their party do what they believed was right now trash Joe Manchin for doing the same thing.

Joe Manchin is David Duke without the baggage.
Name-calling without the proof. Typical 3rd grade level debate tactic.
What names will you call Manchin when he switches parties to the GOP?
If the dems keep insulting Manchin he will likely switch parties.
Joe should have switched when Xiden only got 28% of the vote in WV.
Joe has nothing in common with democrats, zero, zilch, nada, zippo....c'mon Joe switch already.

New Topics

Forum List

Back