Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

**********​
**********​

~~~~~~
You disagree but show no links to substantiate your illogical reasoning....

Clearly ewe are too stupid to understand the bigly difference between appropriate books for grammar school and those for high school & college.

Perhaps Gateway Pundit could clarify? :lol:

1632703086890.jpeg

Last edited:
... staying seated and organizing the Montgomery Bus Boycott. As a result, she helped end public bus segregation and launch the country's Civil Rights Movement.
Good grief. Some lady paid her fare, got on the bus, sat down, and wouldn't move until she got some customer service, because the bus driver was a jerk.

Something real basic to teach the kids, though, be assertive, don't get bilked out of your bus money, but don't think life is going to be easy, either, because it's not.

Good grief. Some lady paid her fare, got on the bus, sat down, and wouldn't move until she got some customer service, because the bus driver was a jerk.

Something real basic to teach the kids, though, be assertive, don't get bilked out of your bus money, but don't think life is going to be easy, either, because it's not.

Another tone deaf, racist RW idiot ^ weighs in.

Tell us another story about “The Negro” Cliven .. and how they were happy lil clams singin’ n pickin’ cotton! :rolleyes-41:

Last edited:
I am Rosa Parks isn't a history book---it is actually more of an anti-history book. History is supposed to be based on the facts and truths....not a bunch of lying woke racist wanting to push the race card. Think we should be having a whole new series of children's books--they can Start with The Truth of Rosa Parks and the Real Truth of Harriet Tubman.
Ive read it. Which bits are untrue. ?

Then you must fight to make sure your little British kiddies learn the ugly history of British slave ownership. You all tried to cover it up, but the truth usually comes out.

Britain is enslaved today because of the teaching that the British Empire was somehow a good thing. Its bred a little Englander mentality which drags us down all time.

I see the same thing in the US where the racist right wants to airbrush slavery out of the discussion apart from where a paternal white father figure like Atticus puts on a cape and saves them grateful "darkies".

Tou and your kind make me sick.

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

The local school district has a right to determine what books it will teach in their schools and which one's they won't.

I haven't read the Rosa Parks tome listed, they didn't teach it at my school back in the day.

But if the parents think its inappropriate, they have a right to insist it not be taught.

If the Tremendous School District of Central York is a majority Honky district, and they think the Rosa Parks book is too anti-white, I can understand their point and it is their right. Afterall, its the taxpayers of Central York who pay the freight.

The local school district has a right to determine what books it will teach in their schools and which one's they won't.

I haven't read the Rosa Parks tome listed, they didn't teach it at my school back in the day.

But if the parents think its inappropriate, they have a right to insist it not be taught.

If the Tremendous School District of Central York is a majority Honky district, and they think the Rosa Parks book is too anti-white, I can understand their point and it is their right. Afterall, its the taxpayers of Central York who pay the freight.
You're falling for the mantra. There was nothing wrong with the coverage of the Rosa Parks story in the already accepted history books of the past 20 years. The new line of History teaching also incorporates a very high level of psychological warfare designed to make Caucasian children feel inherently worthless.This is not harmless.
It is also completely unnecessary.

Nope - You kids fucking OWN cancel culture at this point.
Sucks when your own shit blows up in ya fool face huh? :lol:
Bullshit. Self defense is not cancel culture. Cancel culture is more accurately defined as an aggressive action taken by a group of people who desire to be in control of everything and will use social acceptance and ostracism in order to gain that control. Hitler was a prime example of a person who used cancel culture. People who are resisting cancel culture are not creating a cancel culture of their own they are simply defending themselves against an aggressive action.

Jo

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

This is awful.. Nazis did this too..

Bullshit. Self defense is not cancel culture. Cancel culture is more accurately defined as an aggressive action taken by a group of people who desire to be in control of everything and will use social acceptance and ostracism in order to gain that control. Hitler was a prime example of a person who used cancel culture. People who are resisting cancel culture are not creating a cancel culture of their own they are simply defending themselves against an aggressive action.

Jo

Do you approve of book banning or book burning? Isn't that cancel culture?

Forum List

Back