Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

DrLove Not for you and the Left apparently. You created a thread about your horror over banning stupid children's books designed to brainwash kids. But you don't mind classic literature being banned by the Woke Mob. That right there is THE problem.
The Rosa Parks book is well written and easy to understand. It is entirely appropriate for kids to read. I can see that it might make the Klan community uncomfortable but we should not pander to a hate mob.
I am not actually familiar with other books that have been banned but the crazy right did try and ban Lady Chatterleys Lover at one time because a worker fucked an aristocrat in it.

You cannot hide history from kids because it makes your side look bad.

You are totally missing the point. This "stupid children's book" has sold millions of copies. Your claim that it intended to "brainwash" is beyond stupid. Rosa Parks is an American treasure and part of our history.

I Am Rosa Parks​

by
Brad Meltzer (Goodreads Author),

Christopher Eliopoulos (Illustrator)
4.53 · Rating details · 1,400 ratings · 349 reviews

Civil Rights leader Rosa Parks is the 3rd hero in in the New York Times bestselling picture book biography series for ages 5 to 8.

Rosa Parks dared to stand up for herself and other African Americans by staying seated and organizing the Montgomery Bus Boycott. As a result, she helped end public bus segregation and launch the country's Civil Rights Movement.
American kids are lucky to have icons like Rosa Parks to look up to. I would say its essential reading.

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

Who didn't see this coming....when the Right gets to include anything they want in the "awful" CRT thingee.

American kids are lucky to have icons like Rosa Parks to look up to. I would say its essential reading.

And yet I am being told by a few that teaching kids in an age appropriate manner about American History promotes racism. What can ya say other than The Whitewashing of 'Murca aka - That shit never happened! :rolleyes-41:

This is also a red herring fallacy, a failed attempt to deflect – another example of how dishonest conservatives are, and that conservatives are in fact cowards.
^^^^^^^^

This is an example of how the left react when their own practices come full circle and bite them in the ass. They whine, cry, and start with the name calling.

Exposed AGAIN.

Who didn't see this coming....when the Right gets to include anything they want in the "awful" CRT thingee.

Hey man, Rosa Parks never happened, MLK never happened, the Civil Rights Movement never happened, Edmund Pettus Bridge beatdown never happened, firehoses to bring them blackies in line never happened, the Woolworth's sit-in never happened, Central Park Five never happened, slavery never happened and the Civil War was all about something entirely different and Lee is a HERO! It's all FAKE NEEEEEEWS!! :rolleyes:

And yet I am being told by a few that teaching kids in an age appropriate manner about American History promotes racism. What can ya say other than The Whitewashing of 'Murca aka - That shit never happened! :rolleyes-41:
Ì am 65 and learned about the injustice of slavery in primary school and again elementary and high school. It thankfully disappeared in university.That's why it's called higher learning. What's your point?

Ì am 65 and learned about the injustice of slavery in primary school and again elementary and high school. It thankfully disappeared in university.That's why it's called higher learning. What's your point?

Was that the University of HomeSkool? :lol:

3a093b2ef4efe1c4ab7b6031315abe7f.jpeg

No conservative has the honesty, integrity, or courage to acknowledge the truth.

The truth is that such books document America’s racist past – a past conservatives would like to be ignored because it conflicts with the right’s racist agenda of demonizing and disadvantaging black Americans for some perceived partisan gain.

The last thing conservatives want are positive images of black Americans standing up to racism and hate which conflict with the right’s effort to vilify black Americans – such as vilifying BLM and those who protect against police violence and lawlessness.

You cheered statues being removed.

Deny it and I'll post the proof, you illiterate ass.

Sit the fck down, wannabe

BA, USD. Now tell us if you finished high school.

University of South Dakota? Cool I guess. I had a long distance GF in SD - Minot to be exact.
The home of sideways blowing snow 9 months of the year. So the Prague thingie is a joke or are you still living in that godforsaken state. :)

University of South Dakota? Cool I guess. I had a long distance GF in SD - Minot to be exact.
The home of sideways blowing snow 9 months of the year. So the Prague thingie is a joke or are you still living in that godforsaken state. :)
South Dakota? Never been there, though I did live in San Diego for some time. (hint)

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

~~~~~~
Hmm...., When do you start burning books you've banned?

~~~~~~
Hmm...., When do you start burning books you've banned and/or censored?

**********​
**********​

A few idiots. And they were condemned by Canada's number one liberal.

Asked about the book burning, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said it’s not up to non-Indigenous people “to tell Indigenous people how they should feel or act to advance reconciliation.”

“On a personal level, I would never agree to the burning of books,” Trudeau said.
You said Leftists never banned books. Obviously, you were talking out of your ass.

Should Mean Kampf be banned?

Forum List

Back