Pennsylvania school district bans a whole slew.of children's books

Most of these are books YOUR team banned.

Huck Finn uses the N word 200 times. It probably isn't appropriate until high school.

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Definitely watch the Kilmeade interview. Even Brian gets it.

Author's 'I Am Rosa Parks' children's book banned by PA school district

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

Leftists have been banning books for years. Kinda late to complain, now. Wouldn't you say?

"The Adventures of Huck Finn” has been banned, but Leftists don't mind that.

A couple weeks ago in Ontario, there was an actual book burning. They burned books that weren't woke, or woke enough.

Leftists have been banning books for years. Kinda late to complain, now. Wouldn't you say?

A couple weeks ago in Ontario, there was an actual book burning. They burned books that weren't woke, or woke enough.

You're dealing with know nothing, Karens

Last edited:

A few idiots. And they were condemned by Canada's number one liberal.

Asked about the book burning, Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said it’s not up to non-Indigenous people “to tell Indigenous people how they should feel or act to advance reconciliation.”

“On a personal level, I would never agree to the burning of books,” Trudeau said.

Kids don't read books anymore anyway. They are texting every free second they get.
This made me think of something that I noticed yesterday at my local Wal-Mart. They don't keep any magazines up front anymore where the cashiers ring up what you buy. Of course we all know that its because there is no reason to make them anymore now that news and other things can be obtained online.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. As for what this chat is really about, as long as there is still a fan base, can anything really be cancelled or banned? I have several favorite singers who are not here anymore, but have I put their music away? Never?

Nearly all these books weren't the slightest bit controversial. I Am Rosa Parks? REALLY? Watch the Tuber at bottom, then you'll begin to understand what these fucking RW Nazis are about. So their excuse for "freezing them" was that they "had to be vetted". LoL - most of these books in question were 25 or 30 total pages each with a couple sentences in large print. An adult can read them in 5 or 10 minutes. :rolleyes-41:

Brad Meltzer, author of "I am Rosa Parks," is speaking out after his children’s book was placed on a banned list by the Central York School District in Pennsylvania. On "Fox & Friends," Meltzer called out the school board for becoming part of cancel culture.​
The ban, which impacts books that address race, social justice and history, was implemented in October 2020. According to the school district, the books were not "banned," but rather "frozen" until they can be vetted.​
The school board maintained its position to ban the specific list of resources despite protests from students and community members.​
The York Daily Record reported that one student group, Panther Anti-Racist Union, organized protests that lasted a full week in early September.​
The latest protest, which took place before a school board meeting, attracted about 100 parents, students and teachers.​

Now, I'd like USMB "conservatives" to read along for a few pages and tell me what if any problem they see with this book. Thanks in advance!

..the left/Dems/BLM are the nazis --I've linked many times the many ways why they are

shouldn't have books about race in schools --plain and simple ..the school etc policies are ANTI-racist

It started with "Little Black Sambo".

It started with "Little Black Sambo".

A book that has no place in today's schools -
Or do you figure racial stereotyping is perfectly fine for grammar school kids?
I had Little Black Sambo as a kid - But that was the 1960s.

M-3-2.jpg

A book that has no place in today's schools -
Or do you figure racial stereotyping is perfectly fine for grammar school kids?
I had Little Black Sambo as a kid - But that was the 1960s.

M-3-2.jpg
but your a bigot and racist

Forum List

Back