Pelosi won't rule out launching new impeachment inquiry to block Trump SCOTUS nominee

I seem to remember the GOP blocking Obummer's court appointee at the end of his second term. Pot. Kettle. Black.
As your glorious black president said "elections have consequences". Meet your consequence.

Obama, Schumer, Biden, Pelosi...the whole ghoulish democrat establishment said it was wrong to not
put Merrick Garland on the court as a lame duck appointment. Joe Biden explains why Senate Republicans citing the 'Biden rule' is 'ridiculous'

You can slither and ooze around all you want. This is what you all wanted to do and now the wheel of fate
and consequences has put republicans in a position to do to them what they wanted to do to republicans,
but couldn't.

You wanted to and if you could you would. This is politics...not tiddlywinks.
I'm a Libertarian, not a Dem, nor a follower of Obummer. Better luck next time.
I too am a libertarian. You think Dem's recent behavior warrants any manner of decorum? Really?

If the shoe were on the other foot.....???

Unfreaking believable. Pelosi is threatening Trump with impeachment for doing his constitutional duty.

Pelosi, appearing in an interview with ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos, would not rule out launching impeachment proceedings in order to block the Senate from confirming a nominee from President Donald Trump.

Discuss.

Both sides do shit like that. Try to block the other side no matter what's at stake, just for the sake of blocking the other side. The GOP did it in the Senate for Trump's un-American activities with Ukraine.

Frivolous doesn't come close to defining what Pelosi is contemplating, so try to stay on topic.

She's just doing something that the GOP would also do in a heartbeat if the tables were turned. And you're totally delusional if you don't think that they would.

Oh please, the Republicans are not such power hungry animals like the Democrats are. They would never do anything unethical to stop a justice from being nominated. Fight against it yes, but not to illegally use impeachment.
Trump tried to get Ukraine to help him win re-election. That's much, much worse than what Pelosi is doing.

How did Trump do that when he didn't even know who he'd be running against? And what law is there that a President cannot ask another world leader to look into a matter of impropriety?
I'm not even going there, you know what he did was wrong.

What he did was appropriate.
We did after all have Hiden admit it on national TV.
Asking a foreign country to make up some dirt on his main rival or they get no $$$? Geez, maybe I'm not talking to a sane person.

But Hiden telling them they wont get their billion dollars if they keep investigating Burisma is just fine.
If Biden had done something illegal, Trump would have not needed Ukraine.

Unfreaking believable. Pelosi is threatening Trump with impeachment for doing his constitutional duty.

Pelosi, appearing in an interview with ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos, would not rule out launching impeachment proceedings in order to block the Senate from confirming a nominee from President Donald Trump.

Discuss.

Both sides do shit like that. Try to block the other side no matter what's at stake, just for the sake of blocking the other side. The GOP did it in the Senate for Trump's un-American activities with Ukraine.

Frivolous doesn't come close to defining what Pelosi is contemplating, so try to stay on topic.

She's just doing something that the GOP would also do in a heartbeat if the tables were turned. And you're totally delusional if you don't think that they would.

Oh please, the Republicans are not such power hungry animals like the Democrats are. They would never do anything unethical to stop a justice from being nominated. Fight against it yes, but not to illegally use impeachment.
Trump tried to get Ukraine to help him win re-election. That's much, much worse than what Pelosi is doing.

How did Trump do that when he didn't even know who he'd be running against? And what law is there that a President cannot ask another world leader to look into a matter of impropriety?

Asking a foreign country to make up some dirt on his main rival or they get no $$$? Geez, maybe I'm not talking to a sane person.

But Hiden telling them they wont get their billion dollars if they keep investigating Burisma is just fine.

What kind of stupid rationel is that?
Hiden was the one who told the Ukraine...no money for you if you dont fire the investigator who is investigating the company my coke head son works for.

Discuss.

That's kind of the point. Quid Pro Quo's are not illegal, and many Presidents have used them. However your claim is that they are only illegal for Trump to use, and an impeachable offense is a lie, even though Trump didn't actually do that.

Why Not?! The bitch & criminal Democrats conducted a bogus Impeachment the 1st time - an admitted politically partisan Impeachment based on no crime, no evidence, & no witnesses.

It only seems right Pelosi and the Democrats solidify their positions as the most partisan, most criminal, and most treasonous Speaker of the House and Democrats in US history...

Pelosi would be intentionally abusing her power and violating the Constitution by misusing the Checks and balances tool of Impeachment for 'high crimes and misdemeanors' to prevent the US President from carrying out his Constitutional right / duty.

Pelosi declared Impeachment to be a POLITICAL TOOL or POLITICAL WEAPON in the Democratic Party's quiver / arsenal, an admitted misuse of the Constitution and yet another Democrat historic abuse of power.

Constitutional Crisis Due To Filibuster Termination Regret And Butt-Hurt / Sour Grapes After ANOTHER LOSS!!!

It's an empty threat, that is why she implied it rather than stating it explicitly. She's a dried out windbag.
If only a threat - or not, if for no other reason, the President should move full steam ahead with his nomination just to ram this up Pelosi's criminal, treasonous, Constitution-violating, boney ass.

I'm guessing it's a horribly timed bluff. There is no way they would win on impeachment, they may not even get the votes in the House which they control. It would hurt Biden immensely and encourage more demands for his nomination list.

The differences in the situation are severe, Trump and the senate are simply going forward with their constitutional duty, especially when Hillary is telling Biden "not to concede under any circumstances" and they sent out, without any debate; how many millions of unsolicited voting ballots?

Trump didn't ask RBG to remain a judge until 87. Clearly she hasn't been in any position to make key S.C decisions for some time if she was fighting this deadly disease, so why didn't she retire?

Let's see if Trump and the GOP call out their bluff. I think at this point, if GOP do NOT go forward with a pick, they are going to get trounced. The gloves have been off for too long and GOP supporters want to counter the one-sided pile-on. It is, what seems to be politics today.

How are the two connected? A new investigation would be held in The House. The Confirmation of the next SCJ will be in The Senate.

Once articles of impeachment are transmitted to the senate, the senate must suspend all other business until the trial is over. Were you not paying attention the last time the house pulled this shit?

True, and the trial wouldn't have to last more than 5 minutes in the Senate. They could hold the trial and confirm the justice in the same day.

Discuss.

Hiden was the one who told the Ukraine...no money for you if you dont fire the investigator who is investigating the company my coke head son works for.
If Biden had done something wrong/illegal. Trump could have nailed him on that, instead of asking Ukraine to dummy something up.

Discuss.

If Biden had done something wrong/illegal. Trump could have nailed him on that, instead of asking Ukraine to dummy something up.
Link to Trump telling Ukraine to "dummy something up".

Watch this dodge...............

Discuss.

The Ukraine is investigating Hiden and cokehead Punter right now.

Forum List

Back