Pelosi says "We're prepared to govern"

These are going to be the most frustrating 2 years since Democrats swept Capitol Hill back in 1992. Every time I hear Pelosi talking about what she's going to do, I want to hurt somebody.

These are going to be the most frustrating 2 years since Democrats swept Capitol Hill back in 1992. Every time I hear Pelosi talking about what she's going to do, I want to hurt somebody.

I understand how you feel, but you dont have to hurt anyone. The Democrats will hurt plenty on their own

What are you talking about. The Democrats aren't going to raise taxes, and they're certainly not going to impeach Bush. They'll investigate, sure, but they don't have the votes to pass anything not of Watergatian proportions. They'll let the tax cuts expire, but the Democrats certainly won't pass any new taxes. Bush is too likely to veto and they know it. They're not going to waste the political capital on a hopeless cause.

She is a grandmother and a mother. She is sensative to the needs of our country. She is the speaker of the house of rep's.

"puking on myself"

I'm going to go get drunk and dive off a building! Anyone care to join me!

What are you talking about. The Democrats aren't going to raise taxes, and they're certainly not going to impeach Bush. They'll investigate, sure, but they don't have the votes to pass anything not of Watergatian proportions. They'll let the tax cuts expire, but the Democrats certainly won't pass any new taxes. Bush is too likely to veto and they know it. They're not going to waste the political capital on a hopeless cause.

They've done dumber things....

Pretty much.

You are all incredible. This election was far more than a referendum on Iraq. It was about the republican style of governance. Corruption, secrecy, scandal, the people want pragmatism. They want a return to normalcy and a shift away from evangelical governance. Today was a referendum on this board and many of the messages it conveys. Today is a good day for reflection.

It's not about balls to impeach. It's about honesty and integrity. Save the hyperbole. Today you became a dinosaur.

Cheers

Huck

You are all incredible. This election was far more than a referendum on Iraq. It was about the republican style of governance. Corruption, secrecy, scandal, the people want pragmatism. They want a return to normalcy and a shift away from evangelical governance. Today was a referendum on this board and many of the messages it conveys. Today is a good day for reflection.

It's not about balls to impeach. It's about honesty and integrity. Save the hyperbole. Today you became a dinosaur.

Cheers

Huck

Today is the day the barbarians begin to sack Rome.

Were it not for the sacking of Rome the modern world would never had developed.

Hubris was Rome's undoing and the barbarians that sacked her sailed the world round hundreds of years before Columbus.

Laziness and a sense of entitlement hailed her down fall. Our former leadership believed there was a free lunch, that debt had no limit, war no consequence; they mocked our democracy with sound bites and theater; and furthered a sense of entitlement where they was none.

Today proved that hypocrisy exacts a price and I applaud the American people for having the good sense to recognize even the best dressed bum for what he is; a bum.

Were it not for the sacking of Rome the modern world would never had developed.

True enough. Are you suggesting that we surrender to speed up the process?

Hubris was Rome's undoing and the barbarians that sacked her sailed the world round hundreds of years before Columbus.

Umm...not really. The barbarians that sacked Rome pretty much walked or rode horses wherever they went. If you are refering to the Vikings, they pretty much did all that sailing around long after the empire fell.

Laziness and a sense of entitlement hailed her down fall. Our former leadership believed there was a free lunch, that debt had no limit, war no consequence; they mocked our democracy with sound bites and theater; and furthered a sense of entitlement where they was none.

You are right. There is plenty of laziness and sense of entitlement in this country...guess who I think fostered those two winning attitudes! A for debt, Both parties think that...one just hides it better. War has consequences, no doubt about it....they are generally more severe if you lose. And all those MSM liberal biased sound bites certainly did have an effect.

Today proved that hypocrisy exacts a price and I applaud the American people for having the good sense to recognize even the best dressed bum for what he is; a bum.

Yeah, I didn't hear of any write in votes for Kerry.

It's nice to see that we agree on so many things!

Look who is happy over the Dems win..........

Al-Jazeera Highlights Nancy Pelosi's 'Iraq Is a Catastrophe' Declaration
Posted by Rich Noyes on November 8, 2006 - 10:09.
In their story on the Democrats winning the House of Representatives, al-Jazeera’s English-language Web site blamed the “unpopular war in Iraq” for the GOP defeat and highlighted Nancy Pelosi’s speech demanding a “new direction” on Iraq.

“Staying the course has not made our country safer,” al-Jazeera quoted Pelosi as saying last night. “We cannot continue down this catastrophic path.”

The story posted at 9:15 GMT (about 4:15am EST) was essentially a summary of wire reports, but zeroed in on Iraq as a key cause for the election defeat, perhaps a signal of how commentators in the Middle East are translating Tuesday’s election results. Key excerpts:

The Democrats have taken control of the House of Representatives in the US midterm elections and are closing in on the Senate.

Many votes still remain to be counted but Democrat gains in many main seats led the White House to acknowledge, late on Tuesday night, that it had lost control of the House....

The elections have been shaped by an unpopular war in Iraq, scandal at home and dissatisfaction with George Bush, the President.

Nancy Pelosi, new Democrat Speaker in the House, said after the White House announcement: "Staying the course has not made our country safer, has not honoured our commitment to our troops and has not made the region more stable.

"We cannot continue down this catastrophic path. And so, we say to the president: Mr President, we need a new direction in Iraq. Let us work together to find a solution."

Democrat control of the House gives them the power to block and delay many of Bush's policies.

http://newsbusters.org/node/8947

By having a simple majority of the House, hte Democrats have ALL the votes they need to impeach GWB. They don't have a chance in Hell of convicting GWB in hte Senate though, on any impeachment charges. But that won't stop them from trying to impeach GWB to placate their loonbat legions.

Forum List

Back