Pelosi Calls Press Conference to Unveil $140,000 Light Fixtures in House Cafeteria

I dont have an issue with this. It installs actual products, someone had to be paid to do the install.

This type of "green" technology is actually useful. It reduces energy consumption, which even if you are skeptical of the whole global warming thing (I am) is a good thing.

I dont have an issue with this. It installs actual products, someone had to be paid to do the install.

This type of "green" technology is actually useful. It reduces energy consumption, which even if you are skeptical of the whole global warming thing (I am) is a good thing.

It's gonna be 10 years before the lighting breaks even with it's 'energy savings'. Seriously! You better warm up before you stretch that far - we don't want you pulling a muscle.

No recession as far as the government is concerned... I mean why do they care care how much things cost, they will just raise taxes or borrow more money.... $140,000....WTF???????

I think their pay should be based on their approval ratings!

CNSNews.com - Pelosi Calls Press Conference to Unveil $140,000 Light Fixtures in House Cafeteria

Thank you for making a show out of just how stupid, mornic and short sighted you are. Fucking twit!

Ayers said that the price had come down from $800 per fixture to $300, meaning that the lights would theoretically pay for themselves in less than 10 years, due to estimated reductions in electricity usage.

It's gonna be 10 years before the lighting breaks even with it's 'energy savings'. Seriously! You better warm up before you stretch that far - we don't want you pulling a muscle.

Cali...this is my industry. You obvisouly have NO clue how to comprehend things like this. I recoemmend you stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

These fixtures often have a lifespan of 20 years plus, making them economically viable.
Listen I have no love for most democratic policies, but its nice to see em practice what they preach. Some people complain LCD light has issues similar to flourescent, so lets see how the people in the building react to them.

Cali...this is my industry. You obvisouly have NO clue how to comprehend things like this. I recoemmend you stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

What, like you do by claiming that I wrote the 10 priorities for the TEA parties?

I suggest you mind your own fucking business and I'll worry about my embarrassing myself. 'K?

What, like you do by claiming that I wrote the 10 priorities for the TEA parties?

I suggest you mind your own fucking business and I'll worry about my embarrassing myself. 'K?

Deal. Now, since you think this project is such a waste, try calculating out just how much money the old light fixtures would have cost over the 10 year pay back period versus what the new ones will. THEN, calculate how our government could better spend that money they will no longer be spending on inefficient lighting and electrical costs.

Ayers said that the new light fixtures and window shades were installed in the cafeteria, located in the basement of the Rayburn House Office Building, because the LED [light emitting diode] light fixtures have become much less expensive.

“It’s now becoming much more affordable, so we’re sort of kicking the tires on it for the moment. It seems to work terrific. It’s got great energy savings, and it’s got – we think – great lighting quality, and the price of the light fixtures just in the last year has come down significantly.”

Ayers said that the price had come down from $800 per fixture to $300, meaning that the lights would theoretically pay for themselves in less than 10 years, due to estimated reductions in electricity usage.

“I think this fixture was $800 a year ago, and it’s now just over $300, so in one year that’s a pretty significant savings – which allows us to begin using this kind of equipment and technology, because we’re able to get a good return on investment. At $800 a fixture we can’t get a good return on investment, but when it gets down to $300 – and I’m sure it will go even lower – we’re able to get a good return on investment.

Good idea...

Soon we will all be using this technology. I compliment the CNS news service for highlighting the Government leading the way in energy conservation

Are LED lights similar in 'color' to fluorescent lights? I hate fluorescent lights and refuse to use those freakin swirly bulbs. We bought two for our basement (mixed in w/ two regular lights) and I had to take them out . . they drive me batty.

Pelosi is like an irritating case of the clap that just won't go away...

Not just Pelosi, although she is particularly obnoxious, but all politicians - both sides - are like an STD.

I like that the left think it's because she's a Democrat that I disapprove. :lol::lol::lol: I just laugh at their inability to stop spending money - any of them..... GOP, Dem.... all the fucking same. $140k while ordinary Americans are losing their homes.... charming.

Are LED lights similar in 'color' to fluorescent lights? I hate fluorescent lights and refuse to use those freakin swirly bulbs. We bought two for our basement (mixed in w/ two regular lights) and I had to take them out . . they drive me batty.

Absolutely not. LED lighting is the wave of the future. Much less power consumption. Longer life span, plus they give off "true" light as opposed to those "swirly bulbs".

No recession as far as the government is concerned... I mean why do they care care how much things cost, they will just raise taxes or borrow more money.... $140,000....WTF???????

CNSNews.com - Pelosi Calls Press Conference to Unveil $140,000 Light Fixtures in House Cafeteria

I'd like to stuff a rag in Pelosi's mouth and then beat her senseless. This woman is a loon who should never be allowed anywhere near a reporter. And I LIKE Obama.

"Green the Capitol"? Did no one bother to point out to her this has two possible meanings?

Pelosi...she makes Palin look media-savvy......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omxQuDtF1ZM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Left-Wing Nut Pelosi Attacks American Families and their Babies[/ame]

Absolutely not. LED lighting is the wave of the future. Much less power consumption. Longer life span, plus they give off "true" light as opposed to those "swirly bulbs".

Oh, thank God! I'm fine with replacing incandescent bulbs with something more energy efficient but those damn fluorescent bulbs . . . . :eek: Can you use the LED lights on a dimmer switch?

If you are referring to flourescents, yes the light is more natural. Incadescents still beat most LED's at this point. There is also the color rendering issue reasearchers are working on.

Edit: Switch incandescent for flourescent.

Last edited:

I'd like to stuff a rag in Pelosi's mouth and then beat her senseless. This woman is a loon who should never be allowed anywhere near a reporter. And I LIKE Obama.

"Green the Capitol"? Did no one bother to point out to her this has two possible meanings?

Pelosi...she makes Palin look media-savvy......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omxQuDtF1ZM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Left-Wing Nut Pelosi Attacks American Families and their Babies[/ame]

One of my life's ambitions is to dance on that bitches grave. Being substantially younger than her - God Willing - I will be able to fulfill that ambition.

If you are referring to incandescents, yes the light is more natural. Incadescents still beat most LED's at this point. There is also the color rendering issue reasearchers are working on.

I have a few flashlights with the LED bulbs. They use almost no electricity (batterys almost never need replacing) and last much longer than typical bulbs.

Given the amount of electricity needed to light a typical office building, there should be significant savings. I'd also like to move past those "swirley" bulbs

Forum List

Back