Pelosi and Hoyer

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Are they in trouble now?

House votes to ask ethics to probe Dem leaders on Massa
By Michael O'Brien and Ian Swanson - 03/11/10 01:06 PM ET

The House voted Thursday to ask the House ethics panel to open an investigation into what House Democratic leaders knew of allegations of sexual harassment against former Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.).

The House overwhelmingly backed a privileged resolution offered by GOP Leader John Boehner (Ohio), with only two members casting votes against it.

The resolution asks that the ethics panel look into what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), and other Democratic leaders and staffers knew about allegations of sexual harassment against Massa, and when they became aware of the situation.

Boehner offered the resolution early Thursday afternoon, and House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) called quickly for a vote.

Members of both parties voted overwhelmingly to support the resolution, which passed 404-2. No Democrats voted against the resolution, while two Republicans voted against it...

House vote pressures ethics to probe Dem leaders on Massa - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

After a vote like that, I would imagine the pressure for the Ethics Panel to investigate would be great.

Only time will tell...

Personally, I don't think anything will come of it, and I'm not sure anything should.

Forum List

Back