Pele 'moved to end-of-life care' as football icon stops responding to chemotherapy

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The saddest news. A great player and a great man. Christmas Day 1970 and 8 year old me got a Brazil kit for a present. I wanted so much to be a Brazilian like Pele.

1670076764402.png

The two sporting giants of the C20th.

He had a home here in Florida and he use to say he liked it here because no one knew who he was. :) Seeing him jogging along a dirt road alone in the late afternoon was common. I and other boys met him and some of the more well known players in the 1970s as they were promoting the sport among high schools. Our soccer coach couldn't believe we didn't know who they were. He himself played for a German team. But Pele was a very nice man . It is a wonder that those like him are born with the special ability to rise to the top of a sport or any profession and be known as the worlds best. The man made his mark on the world I hope his soul will be at peace with God. ⚽

Last edited:
He had a home here in Florida and he use to say he liked it here because no one knew who he was. :) Seeing him jogging along a dirt road alone in the late afternoon was common. I and other boys met him and some of the more well known players in the 1970s as they were promoting the sport among high schools. Our soccer coach couldn't believe we didn't know who they were. He himself played for a German team. But Pele was a very nice man . It is a wonder that those like him are born with the special ability to rise to the top of a sport or any profession and be known as the worlds best. The man made is mark on the world I hope his soul will be at peace with God. ⚽
Thanks for that. I love the idea of him jogging along the beach in Florida.

Very sad news, he is a sports icon and admired all over the world. Prayers going out to him 🙏

Because of him, Cuban kids learned how to do that a long time ago. All kids that want to play soccer, really.

At the time, Pele’s Bicycle Kick was revolutionary.

Its is copied now, but still a difficult move

At the time, Pele’s Bicycle Kick was revolutionary.

Its is copied now, but still a difficult move
I saw it when I was like..10. From a kid doing it.

It's pretty badass and like the Pete Rose dive.

I saw it when I was like..10. From a kid doing it.

It's pretty badass and like the Pete Rose dive.

Pete Rose was doing the head first slide when everyone else was going feet first (I still think feet first is faster).Now, every slide is head first.

The bicycle kick is common now, but not everyone can do it

Forum List

Back