Peeves about Obama

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
This probably shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but when he says things like, "exactly the sort of stuff that folks are frustrated by", how he says the word "folks" bugs me.

Most of my gripes are about the content of what he says. The word choice "folks" is hardly the worst thing he could say, but it just turns me off.

Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I probably wouldn't be so annoyed about it if it wasn't so often a cue for a straw man.

Does he do anything which peeves you on an emotional level apart from your differences with him on substance?

This probably shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but when he says things like, "exactly the sort of stuff that folks are frustrated by", how he says the word "folks" bugs me.

Most of my gripes are about the content of what he says. The word choice "folks" is hardly the worst thing he could say, but it just turns me off.

Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I probably wouldn't be so annoyed about it if it wasn't so often a cue for a straw man.

Does he do anything which peeves you on an emotional level apart from your differences with him on substance?

Not really. Honestly, if this is what you are getting wrapped around the axle about, I don't know what to say.

My problem with Obama is that he simply hasn't governed well. Bad priorities, bad decisions, risk adverse. He finds the path of least resistance, and then has the least results.

Not that it matters, it almost seems like the Republicans are bound and determined to take a dive next time. Maybe they just like having him for a Pinata.

The thing I hate the most is when he says " Let me clear "then proceeds to lie about everything he is saying . But, then again he lies on most things so I guess it should not bother me.

The thing I hate the most is when he says " Let me clear "then proceeds to lie about everything he is saying . But, then again he lies on most things so I guess it should not bother me.

Yeah, but they all do that.

REmember how Nixon's stock phrase was "Now, let me make this perfectly clear". (And unfortunately, many of you probably don't.... man, I'm getting old!)

"Folks" is his go-to strawman.

The complete inability to speak extemporaneously with any cogency....The "uuuuuhhhhs".

His general attitude that the American people are basically a bunch of children.

His relentless refusal to take any responsibility for anything.

Last edited:
I hate it how he pronounces Pakistan. He pronounces it paak - e - ston. I want my president to say pack- i -stan, like an American. He does this with other countries too.

Also his pronunciation of Latin american names..

He's trying to show off, that he's so understanding and respectful of indigenous cultures...Why can't he use proper pronunciation for Canada, Great Britain, and Israel ?

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back