Peace on the left, Justice on the right

Peace on the left, justice on the right.

Let whispers become shouts, let shouts become demands for justice.

Riots are the language of those who choose to remain silent.

"Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.

In a real sense, nonviolence seeks to redeem the spiritual and moral lag that I spoke of earlier as the chief dilemma of modern man. It seeks to secure moral ends through moral means. Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. Indeed, it is a weapon unique in history, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it."

-Martin Luther King, Jr., The Quest for Peace and Justice, Nobel Prize Acceptance, University of Oslo, December 11, 1964

Racial justice is taking a back seat to sneakers and jewelry to be had.

Orlando Casteele?
Ahmaud Arbery?
on and on?

I'm not referring to them. I'm referring to the rioters, specifically the ones who were engaged in setting cities aflame this past week.

I have a feeling there are a lot of different motivations involved. I think when things settle we will learn a lot more.

Food for thought...this is kind of in the same vein as the OP....

101534731_10101004079493479_8806854565279301632_n.jpg

Forum List

Back