Pc pc

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
So...you are at your pc, chatting away by posting, or googling or emailing....and a family member comes up and sticks their face in front of your pc to read or look at whatever you are doing.

Is that so not PC for your pc?

In other words....do you look at what someone is doing on their computer and read what they are typing? (Adults doing it, not kids)? Does it bug you if they do it to you? Do you do it to others?

Just curious.

I do care. If I wanted family or friends to see what I am doing, I would announce it. They don't call it a PERSONAL computer for nothing.

It bugs me when my sister in law does it. She doesn't understand half of what she is seeing anyway...but then come the questions. What's that? Who is that? What does that mean? Whatcha talking about? Which takes me away from what I am doing.

Yep. And yes, I do minimize the window. lol. She kept doing it and did it just prior to this thread and I have been biting my tongue with her. But then I wondered if it was just me or if others felt the same way that I do when she does it.

Hubby NEVER looks at my pc. And I don't look at his. I don't even touch his desk. He gets mad cuz it is a MESS and he is afraid I will clean it. Then he won't find something.

It's kinda along the lines of going in your parents bedroom. I always felt weird going in there. Their private space. And purses? Oh man. Sister in law and I could be going somewhere and she will ask for a lighter and I will say hold on..I have one in my purse....so what does she do? She starts digging in my purse!!! So I have to say HOLD ON I'LL GET IT!!!

One more vent about Sister In Law and then I will shut up.

When they moved back here with us, I told her the rules. She promptly ignored them. I am standing in my bathroom that is in my bedroom (they have a bathroom in the hallway), giving myself a sponge bath or brushing my teeth with no top on and just jammy bottoms or something...and in she walks WITH the roomie and her hubby behind her, just an elephant walk sorta thing all in a row, to get outside in the back yard because it is closer to get to it than to walk thru the patio door in the kitchen area. MY room. WITH the door CLOSED. She did it twice. Second time, I stomped in her room and laid the law down. She was all eyeballs and asked why I was so mad and I said "would you like it if I bring in the roommates to YOUR room, when YOUR door is closed, because we want to look out the front windows from YOUR room, and you and hubby are intimate at the time and I just say "don't mind us. We just wanna see outside"? That is when the dim lightbulb went off over her head.

Ok. I'm done.

Oh. wait. One more.

I asked her who our current president is and she said "Reagan?"

Now you see what I am dealing with. I get very short tempered with her. Often. But sometimes..maybe I am not being fair. Hence this thread.

One more vent about Sister In Law and then I will shut up.

When they moved back here with us, I told her the rules. She promptly ignored them. I am standing in my bathroom that is in my bedroom (they have a bathroom in the hallway), giving myself a sponge bath or brushing my teeth with no top on and just jammy bottoms or something...and in she walks WITH the roomie and her hubby behind her, just an elephant walk sorta thing all in a row, to get outside in the back yard because it is closer to get to it than to walk thru the patio door in the kitchen area. MY room. WITH the door CLOSED. She did it twice. Second time, I stomped in her room and laid the law down. She was all eyeballs and asked why I was so mad and I said "would you like it if I bring in the roommates to YOUR room, when YOUR door is closed, because we want to look out the front windows from YOUR room, and you and hubby are intimate at the time and I just say "don't mind us. We just wanna see outside"? That is when the dim lightbulb went off over her head.

Ok. I'm done.

Oh. wait. One more.

I asked her who our current president is and she said "Reagan?"

Now you see what I am dealing with. I get very short tempered with her. Often. But sometimes..maybe I am not being fair. Hence this thread.

>.>

..... I got nothin. Seriously.

Is her SO as dim as she is?

No. He had a couple of strokes so he has difficulty speaking and sometimes his thinking is skewered but he has more brain cells functioning than she does.

Now I feel bad for venting about her. She has a big heart. She's not very bright, but still. Not her fault. She was raised weird. Not much schooling. Plus, she is just not all there, if you get my drift. But she means well. Never deliberately intrusive. I just gotta stay patient. Until I need to let off steam. Talking to her and trying to explain things to her is like.....talking to a 5 year old in a 59 year old body. Again, not her fault. But when I really REALLY need to talk about stuff....I can't talk to her. She just won't "get it".

Which is why I am so thanful for usmb.

So...you are at your pc, chatting away by posting, or googling or emailing....and a family member comes up and sticks their face in front of your pc to read or look at whatever you are doing.

Oh, hell to the yes on this!

I don't mind sharing what I'm doing one bit...it's the 'what does this mean', what are you looking at? Privacy and respect for...

I don't go into my children's room to 'snoop' around~~~flashback from my own childhood where privacy was non-existent. I ask permission to enter like my mama taught me to. The ONLY exception to that rule is to get the cutie patooties dirty laundry she leaves laying around, which I can view from her doorway.

I neglected to mention that I installed a lock on my bedroom door. Problem was....I have a doggie door in it so the furkids can go from my room to hubbys room. So yeah..she hollers thru the doggie door at me. "WHATCHA DOIN'".

So..hubby and I put a door up in the hallway awhile back but don't use it much. We do now. And yes. It too has a lock on it.;)

I just hesitate to use it cuz what if she is hollering about her hubby and I can't hear her? He has gone to ER three times since they have moved in.

I fixed that early.

I said doing such was rude a couple of times and advised them to stop, they didn't, so 7 years ago when they did it again, I slid back and sunk a 'cobra sleeper' hold, made my point as to how rude that was and have never been bothered since, by anyone

I neglected to mention that I installed a lock on my bedroom door. Problem was....I have a doggie door in it so the furkids can go from my room to hubbys room. So yeah..she hollers thru the doggie door at me. "WHATCHA DOIN'".

So..hubby and I put a door up in the hallway awhile back but don't use it much. We do now. And yes. It too has a lock on it.;)

I just hesitate to use it cuz what if she is hollering about her hubby and I can't hear her? He has gone to ER three times since they have moved in.

Give her a whistle? Only for emergencies.

I'm sorry, and I don't wish to be rude. But she needs to learn some boundaries.

Does she need to get out more, socialize?

In other words....do you look at what someone is doing on their computer and read what they are typing? (Adults doing it, not kids)? Does it bug you if they do it to you? Do you do it to others?

No, an adult should never do it. It's an invasion of personal space and privacy. Sounds like she is mentally handicapped, but you can 'train' her to follow the 'rules' most of the time: let her know, and repeatedly if needed, when her behavior is not acceptable to you. Like training a small child or a dog. She's very low IQ.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back