PC Games

this flight sim looks good...graphics are great
DCS world......but can you play as a tanker in the Normandy 1944??
WWII, Vietnam, Gulf War and others. As examples of products progressing to completion for DCS, "Normandy 1944" is in final phase of development and "Persian Gulf" is close behind..
Digital Combat Simulator World
DCS has great graphics.
...yes..I got the free aircraft...but you have to pay for additional aircraft and scenery
...the Normandy 1944 add on seems like it would be great.....you can also play as tanks and/or control the tanks/arty...

IMO, graphics are over rated.

If the mechanics and story aren't there, I'm not spending time on a game.

So many B&W movies are better than the crap they put out today, in the same way, so many games they made for the commodore 64 and Apple II were better than the crap they are putting out today in just the sheer variety and creativity in things you could do. . . .

Just my observation.

After playing Far Cry 5 about half way through I'd advise against it. It forces you to progress through the story quickly and you end up with liberated areas that still have a ton of side missions left in them. The AI enemies are just reskinned from previous versions, including most of their actions, and there is a never ending supply of them shooting at you if you drive a 1/2 mile down the road. You attack one AI and 8 more show up instantly and kill you early on. It's tedious as hell. And the game is buggy as hell. It has a day/night cycle and after 25 hours of gameplay it got stuck in night mode.

Sad to say I would wait a year or more until this is $10-$15 and get it then. What a HUGE disappointment in the lackluster work they put into this game. I didn't finish it and am looking for something else.

God of War is coming out on PS next week. I might give that a try.

After playing Far Cry 5 about half way through I'd advise against it. It forces you to progress through the story quickly and you end up with liberated areas that still have a ton of side missions left in them. The AI enemies are just reskinned from previous versions, including most of their actions, and there is a never ending supply of them shooting at you if you drive a 1/2 mile down the road. You attack one AI and 8 more show up instantly and kill you early on. It's tedious as hell. And the game is buggy as hell. It has a day/night cycle and after 25 hours of gameplay it got stuck in night mode.

Sad to say I would wait a year or more until this is $10-$15 and get it then. What a HUGE disappointment in the lackluster work they put into this game. I didn't finish it and am looking for something else.

Luckily for me, I always wait for games to get really cheap. :lol:

and then they will probably play ok on your PC

and then they will probably play ok on your PC

Yep, keeps me from needing anything top of the line. :D

Salutations and Excalibur.

I am looking for one or two new PC games to waste time on. Please don't post more than two thank you.

A strategy game that is Expert to Grognard in difficulty. I've had War In The Pacific for ten years and the depth in that is what I'm looking for. Something to play a turn or two each day. I like the detail. WITP: Admiral's Edition is also 9 years old so am looking for something new. I have Civil War II and Cities Skylines. MEH. Men of War Assault Squad 2 is great but also getting dated and have played through enough mods.

Also looking for a First Person Shooter like Far Cry 3-4. Open world, good story, a lot of depth and replay. FC3 and FC4 were great fun. The new Tomb Raiders were also very good. Call of Duty seems too scripted now. I think open world gaming is where it's at. I still have fun driving around FC3 crashing pirate roadblocks and having chases and firefights and using a bow long distance, and having to correct for arrow fall is good stuff.

I've searched Uplay, Origin, Steam, Ubisoft and other sites but the offerings are also MEH. FC5 is due out in 2 months so will have to check that out. If they have just repackaged FC3 and FC4, with the same sounds and upgrade trees but made to look different I'll wait a year and get it for $7.99 on sale. I hate it when developers get lazy and just put out something that 'looks' new just to milk money out of the old engine.

I have to say FC3 ruined things for many games to me, that one is so much fun it's hard to go back to more scripted games like COD or BField.

Any suggestions?
Strategy:
Darkest Dungeon
Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2

FPS:
New Doom
Metro 2033

I am looking for one or two new PC games to waste time on. Please don't post more than two thank you.

A strategy game that is Expert to Grognard in difficulty. I've had War In The Pacific for ten years and the depth in that is what I'm looking for. Something to play a turn or two each day. I like the detail. WITP: Admiral's Edition is also 9 years old so am looking for something new. I have Civil War II and Cities Skylines. MEH. Men of War Assault Squad 2 is great but also getting dated and have played through enough mods.

Also looking for a First Person Shooter like Far Cry 3-4. Open world, good story, a lot of depth and replay. FC3 and FC4 were great fun. The new Tomb Raiders were also very good. Call of Duty seems too scripted now. I think open world gaming is where it's at. I still have fun driving around FC3 crashing pirate roadblocks and having chases and firefights and using a bow long distance, and having to correct for arrow fall is good stuff.

I've searched Uplay, Origin, Steam, Ubisoft and other sites but the offerings are also MEH. FC5 is due out in 2 months so will have to check that out. If they have just repackaged FC3 and FC4, with the same sounds and upgrade trees but made to look different I'll wait a year and get it for $7.99 on sale. I hate it when developers get lazy and just put out something that 'looks' new just to milk money out of the old engine.

I have to say FC3 ruined things for many games to me, that one is so much fun it's hard to go back to more scripted games like COD or BField.

Any suggestions?
Strategy:
Darkest Dungeon
Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2

FPS:
New Doom
Metro 2033

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux are 2 of the games waiting to be played in my Steam library. :)

I don't know about difficult strategy games, but I've enjoyed games like Xcom and Shadowrun.

Any suggestions?
Civilization and left for dead!

Forum List

Back