PC Alert! Don't wear red or green at this school's "winter party"!

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Holy crap, the PC Police are even alive and well in Texas!

Don't wear red or green, don't even SAY the word "Christmas" at the "winter" party!

Watch what you say AND wear. After all, this is America.

Somebody please tell me this is a hoax.

Texas school bans word 'Christmas', trees and colours red and green from its festive party - Mirror Online

A Texas school has caused controversy by organising a festive party where trees, the colours red and green and the word 'Christmas' are all banned.

A PTA member at Gene and Ruby Nichols Elementary School in Frisco started the controversy by sending out rules to what they described as a “winter party".

"No reference to Christmas or any other religious holiday; no red or green - or Christmas trees; nothing that will stain the carpet," the email read.

Texas state representative Pat Fallon was made aware of the email by an angry parent and took to the airwaves.

He said: “We’re celebrating Christmas, so why can’t it be a ‘Christmas party’ or maybe a ‘holiday party?’

"But they skipped over ‘holiday’ and went to ‘winter.’ That’s, you know, political correctness gone too far.”

Fallon said he had spoken to Frisco Independent School District Superintendent Jeremy Lyon, and was told the rules are not “district policy” and the email had been unauthorised.

He was also told by the PTA that kids could indeed say “Merry Christmas.”

However, Fallon then got another email saying the PTA was going to keep the rules, because they didn’t want to “offend any families and since each family donates money they feel this is the best policy.”

If I was a parent in that school, I would somehow get a roster of the parents and go door to door, collecting names and signatures saying they were offended by the schools rules not to have a Christmas party, with Christmas trees and encouraging the children to wear holiday colors if they have them.

Children are young once and the magic does not return! Bah Humbug to PC!

If I was a parent in that school, I would somehow get a roster of the parents and go door to door, collecting names and signatures saying they were offended by the schools rules not to have a Christmas party, with Christmas trees and encouraging the children to wear holiday colors if they have them.

Every concerned family should have one parent or more on the PTA.

I thought Texas passed a state law that allows schools to display Christmas trees, and protects teachers from any lawsuits ?

Here it is:

Texas law safeguards Christmas cheer in schools

The so-called "Merry Christmas Law" is backed by social conservatives who feel that seasonal religious festivities have come under attack because of political correctness.SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Texas lawmakers sent notices to schools on Monday informing them that new legislation allows students and teachers to dress in festive garb and say "Merry Christmas" all they want without fear of punishment.The so-called "Merry Christmas Law" is backed by social conservatives who feel that seasonal religious festivities have come under attack because of political correctness. It also covers the Jewish celebration of Hanukah, which ended earlier this month."We hope to see fewer school districts being naughty and more districts being nice," said conservative activist Jonathan Saenz, president of a group called Texas Values.The measure, passed nearly unanimously by the Texas legislature this year, allows students and district staff to "offer traditional greetings regarding celebrations, including 'Merry Christmas,' 'Happy Hanukkah' and 'Happy Holidays'."It also allows teachers and students to sing Christmas songs, erect Christmas trees, holiday decorations and nativity scenes, as long as they do not include a "message that encourages adherence to a particular religion's belief."Supporters said some schools have dropped Christmas celebrations in favor of things such as non-religious winter festivities out of regard for the feeling of students who are not Christian.Saenz said the law does not specifically cover the festivities of other major religions such as Islam or Buddhism, but students of other faiths who find their traditions being censored can seek support under the law."It is Christmas activities that are being attacked over and over again," Saenz said.

Texas law safeguards Christmas cheer in schools

Holy crap, the PC Police are even alive and well in Texas!

Don't wear red or green, don't even SAY the word "Christmas" at the "winter" party!

Watch what you say AND wear. After all, this is America.

Somebody please tell me this is a hoax.

Texas school bans word 'Christmas', trees and colours red and green from its festive party - Mirror Online

A Texas school has caused controversy by organising a festive party where trees, the colours red and green and the word 'Christmas' are all banned.

A PTA member at Gene and Ruby Nichols Elementary School in Frisco started the controversy by sending out rules to what they described as a “winter party".

"No reference to Christmas or any other religious holiday; no red or green - or Christmas trees; nothing that will stain the carpet," the email read.

Texas state representative Pat Fallon was made aware of the email by an angry parent and took to the airwaves.

He said: “We’re celebrating Christmas, so why can’t it be a ‘Christmas party’ or maybe a ‘holiday party?’

"But they skipped over ‘holiday’ and went to ‘winter.’ That’s, you know, political correctness gone too far.”

Fallon said he had spoken to Frisco Independent School District Superintendent Jeremy Lyon, and was told the rules are not “district policy” and the email had been unauthorised.

He was also told by the PTA that kids could indeed say “Merry Christmas.”

However, Fallon then got another email saying the PTA was going to keep the rules, because they didn’t want to “offend any families and since each family donates money they feel this is the best policy.”

I would not participate, but . . .

. . . I thought we GOP believed in the local community making the appropriate decisions.

What the ISD does is its business, not ours.

Sure...do that.

Forum List

Back