Pay your fair share is Leftist BS propaganda

Start with the military. Cut your spending in half. If you're not going to be starting wars all over the planet, you don't need to spend 10 times more than everybody else.
Idiot. The military employs 1000s in the private sector and protects your country. Don’t speak for America. Your views aren’t welcome.

But why are you concentrating on the top 1000 people vs all the millions of taxpayers who already pay about 50% all in?
Maybe if we talked more about those top 1000 who definitely aren’t paying 50% all in and made some changes, the next million wouldn’t have to pay 50% all in.

Maybe if we talked more about those top 1000 who definitely aren’t paying 50% all in and made some changes, the next million wouldn’t have to pay 50% all in.
Except you ignored the other part where they create jobs and pay corporate taxes and RE taxes. How many people does Amazon employ? Tesla?

Except you ignored the other part where they create jobs and pay corporate taxes and RE taxes. How many people does Amazon employ? Tesla?
The employment and jobs part is so dumb to me.

I mean, so what? They don’t have to pay taxes because people who make a tiny fraction of money that they do pay taxes?

It’s illogical thinking, attempting to connect two different issues.

Individuals don’t pay corporate taxes, corporations do.

Real estate taxes? I can guarantee I pay a substantially larger percent of my income in property taxes than any of these individuals given real estate is a much smaller component of their overall wealth than others.

The employment and jobs part is so dumb to me.

I mean, so what? They don’t have to pay taxes because people who make a tiny fraction of money that they do pay taxes?

It’s illogical thinking, attempting to connect two different issues.

Individuals don’t pay corporate taxes, corporations do.

Real estate taxes? I can guarantee I pay a substantially larger percent of my income in property taxes than any of these individuals given real estate is a much smaller component of their overall wealth than others.
Why are you so obsessed with percentages vs absolute dollars? Musk in his life will likely pay 1000x more than you will and the reason you’re irrational is that you’re jealous. Innovation is what drives persons like Bezos and Musk. Instead of saying thank you, you want to call them too rich and too powerful. It’s pretty sad. Why don’t you try starting a business and see how grueling it is.

Um, because that’s how taxes work.
Um…and you want to change the tax code. Musk doesn’t earn any income. He borrows money against his stock and garners stock options. He is following the tax code and you want to suddenly change it?

Um…and you want to change the tax code. Musk doesn’t earn any income. He borrows money against his stock and garners stock options. He is following the tax code and you want to suddenly change it?
Suddenly? We’ve been talking about this for years.

Yes, I think we need a drastic overhaul of the tax code.

My question is why are you so hell bent on taxing them more when they are following the laws now and exhibit shows that the wealthy already pay the vast majority of all taxes?

No they don't pay the "vast majority of all taxes". The pay the vast majority of income taxes. But that's only one tax. Jeff Bezos paid income tax on $72,000 of income last year. Amazon paid zero in income tax. The richest man in the world, and the biggest retailer in the world paid ZERO in income taxes.
What did Musk and or Bezos do do accumulate such wealth. Did they steal it?

Basically, they did. The used the American tax and labour codes to pay the least amount of labour and infrastructure costs possible to create their wealth. They also came from wealthy families - both of them. Bezos family bailed out Amazon to the tune of $250,00 in the early days of the company.

Musk made his money on PayPal. Basically, laundering money.

Start with the military. Cut your spending in half. If you're not going to be starting wars all over the planet, you don't need to spend 10 times more than everybody else.
Already on record with cutting spending all across the board and military I have been on record as cutting as well. We also need to cut spend monies to other countries and allow the UN to worry about the rest of the world, we are not the police. We need to only contribute what other countries contribute. We don’t need to go to war and need to bring all of our troops home and let the rest of the world protect themselves and leave us out of it.

No ody should ever even discuss a declining birthrate if there's no support in helping get the child off to a good start. Perhaps a declining birthrate is on the horizon. Some wackos will complain how it's bad for the nation. Hypocrites.

Forum List

Back