Pay the Russians $5,000,000 in BitCoin for their ransomware attack (Poll)

Do you support paying the Russian ransom to unlock the Colonial Pipeline?

• Yes, Russians are a lot smarter than Americans, in America math is "racist", ransoms are "equitable"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we should NEVER pay ransoms

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
FECKLESS. Describes the Xiden administration perfectly.
Feeble or ineffective.
Spiritless; weak; useless; worthless.

Stupid Russians probably could have gotten a lot more than $5m (crime pays!!).
Maybe they have even richer chumps lined up for their next ransomware attack?
Their insurance company found it was quite a bit cheaper than building a new system so the the insurance company paid.
"Crime Pays" is NO WAY to run a country. What happens next time when its 100x more?

You're right but the the company that ran the pipeline is not a country.

I suspect that its part of the hackers method of operation to set the ransom high enough such that they get rich but low enough that the cost/benefit to the company they hack is to go ahead a pay the ransom and that it is a very quick and easy decision to do so.

How difficult would it be to connect Keystone to Colonial, and upgrade the system in the process?
Keystone brings raw crude from Canada to refineries in the US, and from there overseas.
Colonial takes refined products, gas, diesel, heating oil, etc., from refineries to distribution centers in multiple states.
The problem is stupid programming, not lack of oil.

Feeble or ineffective.

Their insurance company found it was quite a bit cheaper than building a new system so the the insurance company paid.
"Crime Pays" is NO WAY to run a country. What happens next time when its 100x more?

You're right but the the company that ran the pipeline is not a country.
Very true, Colonial is a company not a country, my point is that the Feds need to pass laws to protect US infrastructure, including computer systems. If companies are irresponsible, laws need to be passed that forces compliance.

How difficult would it be to connect Keystone to Colonial, and upgrade the system in the process?
Keystone brings raw crude from Canada to refineries in the US, and from there overseas.
Colonial takes refined products, gas, diesel, heating oil, etc., from refineries to distribution centers in multiple states.
Upgrading the pipeline could mean crude and refined products could be transported.

Upgrading the pipeline could mean crude and refined products could be transported.
The problem is that Xiden shut down Keystone, so in reality, there is no "Keystone Pipeline", only the Colonial Pipeline.

The problem is that Xiden shut down Keystone, so in reality, there is no "Keystone Pipeline", only the Colonial Pipeline.
The point is, it may be more cost effective to build the pipeliine to Colonial than to be less environmentally friendly.

The point is, it may be more cost effective to build the pipeliine to Colonial than to be less environmentally friendly.
Let me guess. You are not an engineer. correct? Please research Keystone before you put up impractical ideas.
Here is the link: Keystone XL
"Keystone XL is a 1,210-mile (1,947-km) pipeline that offers a safe, reliable and environmentally responsible way to deliver crude oil to markets in the U.S."

Do you know what "crude oil" is?

Let me guess. You are not an engineer. correct? Please research Keystone before you put up impractical ideas.
"Keystone XL is a 1,210-mile (1,947-km) pipeline that offers a safe, reliable and environmentally responsible way to deliver crude oil to markets in the U.S."

I understand the Canadians could upgrade their existing delivery infrastructure to Montreal and then New Jersey.

I understand the Canadians could upgrade their existing delivery infrastructure to Montreal and then New Jersey.
Would Xiden allow a pipeline to go to NJ?
My understanding is that the Canucks are using trucks and rail tankers to transport the crude.
So wherever the shortest route takes it.
All I know is that there are a lot of really pissed of pipeline construction workers waiting for 2022 and 2024.

Would Xiden allow a pipeline to go to NJ?
My understanding is that the Canucks are using trucks and rail tankers to transport the crude.
So wherever the shortest route takes it.
All I know is that there are a lot of really pissed of pipeline construction workers waiting for 2022 and 2024.
Upgrading the pipeline to include crude could create plenty of jobs.

Feeble or ineffective.

Bitcoin requires an account number, which can be frozen and removed upon complaints of abuse and fraud. But any company dumb enough to pay a ransom is dumb enough not to know this.

Man, I learned how to beat those guys years ago when they would take over your computer, I am surprised that people who are professionals that actually get paid to take care of computer systems couldn't handle ransomware.
How did you beat them?

When they gotz you by the ballz whatz you gonna dood?

The company was lax on protocol and cybersecurity, I bet they make changes now and buy that McAfee program...
if this would have happened under Trump the left would be losing their homosexual minds ! Biden gets a pass when he says the Russian gov wasnt involved ! lol !

Where is the option where we pay the ransom just to get things going again for American citizens, then find out who did it and kill them in a very public way?

Republicans were able to collect a lot more from the American population when they ruined the electrical industry in Texas

Half the price of New England...

1622511323640.png

1622511354629.png

Forum List

Back