Pay Hikes Fail to Lure Millennials Back to Work in Fed Study

I keep hearing talking heads on NPR (my commute radio station) talk about "The Great Resignation" ... Millenials who choose not to go back to their pre-COVID jobs.

My question to this, that never seems to be answered, is ... Have we really reached a point where it has become more attractive to stay home and play Xbox as an alternative to going to work?

How does someone finance that? Is it living with mom and dad or can people get so much in benefits that they don't need to work?
Much of the Great Resignation is older workers choosing to leave the workforce and millennials moving up the ladder

I'd like to see them saving money rather than putting it back into the economy quickly. Living at home, saving, while working until 30 enables them to do this.

Workers have spent generations being bullied by employers who demand poor working conditions, giving up family life, fewer benefits for low pay.

If you don’t like it, I have three people who want your job

Now, the employees are calling the shots

I'd like to see them saving money rather than putting it back into the economy quickly. Living at home, saving, while working until 30 enables them to do this.
Then they just suddenly grow up on their 30th birthday? It doesn’t work that way.

It was just a number. Point is perhaps it's simy not a negative thing. Work, stay with parents, save $, then maybe move out. Everyone wins especially the nation.

Forum List

Back