Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
And this is why we love Rand Paul.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will file a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency “soon,” his office confirmed to The Hill.

Paul had been gearing up for months to lead a suit against the agency, charging that the surveillance program gathering metadata on U.S. citizens has violated people's Fourth Amendment rights.

He will file the papers in the D.C. District Court as a private citizen. His office did not give the specific timeline for when the senator would file the suit.

Paul to file class action suit against NSA 'soon' | TheHill

There are about to be tons of these which the government will answer with a big FU. The judge will throw out the illegally obtained Snowden leaks and presto! No case, see ya later sucker.

There are about to be tons of these which the government will answer with a big FU. The judge will throw out the illegally obtained Snowden leaks and presto! No case, see ya later sucker.

Maybe Obama should get behind Rand and stand up for the people.

flying-pig.jpg

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) will file a class-action lawsuit against the National Security Agency “soon,” his office confirmed to The Hill.

Paul had been gearing up for months to lead a suit against the agency, charging that the surveillance program gathering metadata on U.S. citizens has violated people's Fourth Amendment rights.

He will file the papers in the D.C. District Court as a private citizen. His office did not give the specific timeline for when the senator would file the suit.

This is one thing I hope he succeeds in.

Good luck Rand.

Pure demagoguery. He waited until the matter is already headed to the Supreme Court. His "class action suit" would be entirely superfluous and would decide no new question that isn't already headed to the Supreme Court.

But... it's a great fundraising vehicle!

The solicitation, which asks for individuals’ names, email addresses and zip codes, also asks for a donation to help “stop Big Brother from infringing on our Fourth Amendment freedoms.”

Last edited:
I'll be filing that suit any year now, folks. I just need a little more of your money.

Perhaps; however, right is right. I dont want some snot nosed kid on the other side of ethernet land "making note" of my bank login, and such. Its already been proven theyre using their "power" for far more nefarious means than just "scanning keywords for terrorist activity."

Pure demagoguery. He waited until the matter is already headed to the Supreme Court. His "class action suit" would be entirely superfluous and would decide no new question that isn't already headed to the Supreme Court.

But... it's a great fundraising vehicle!

The solicitation, which asks for individuals’ names, email addresses and zip codes, also asks for a donation to help “stop Big Brother from infringing on our Fourth Amendment freedoms.”

Debbie+Downer.png

I hope he wins, too. I wont be getting my hopes up afterward; though. They'll just boost up their secrecy and continue on - with ever enhanced technologies.

Paul to file class action suit against NSA 'soon'

No, he won't. NSA has drones.

I wonder how many opinions would be different if a republican was in office, I have to wonder after the patriot act and all the other unpleasantness we got called terrorist sympathizers for opposing. On the other hand the left is almost uniformly opposed to all this spying bullshit in spite of a democrat in office.

I wonder how many opinions would be different if a republican was in office, I have to wonder after the patriot act and all the other unpleasantness we got called terrorist sympathizers for opposing. On the other hand the left is almost uniformly opposed to all this spying bullshit in spite of a democrat in office.

I agree that some Republicans are hypocrites in this regard, but call bullshit on Democrats opposing Obama for the same things. Look no further than this message board for evidence of that.

Give em all hell, Rand. Finally, the son of Ron Paul is doing what none of his colleagues are: representing the people.

He's leading from behind. What a guy.

Be sure to send him your money!

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back