Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

He's one of those democrats that simply wants Paul in there to split the conservative vote and give Ceasar Obammus the victory. He cares not for Libertarians.

I can't say that Paul is a Constitutionalist because he mangles the Constitution more often than not.

You do understand that he is supporting the US (1787) Constitution , not Cuba's , Venezuela, etc

What Ron Paul does have is a core constituency who believes that if he is elected president he will legalize drugs. They are one issue voters and that never works.

Well, the ONLY drug that I consume is Poontang, which I believe has not yet been criminalized.

So that's not the reason i support him.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

He's one of those democrats that simply wants Paul in there to split the conservative vote and give Ceasar Obammus the victory. He cares not for Libertarians.

Whatever. I'm not supporting an Obama victory, but replacing him with Romney is barely worth the effort. My interest is in calling the Republican's bluff when it comes to limited government and libertarian values. It's time for them to "put up or shut up". For far too long they've syphoned off libertarian leaning voters with phony promises. If they don't want to pursue libertarian values they should make that clear. I think that by nominating Romney, they're doing exactly that.

Ron Paul has stated that he would not run as a 3rd Party Candidate this election. If he goes back on his word, I will be very disappointed.

I'll be more disappointed if he caves in and supports the Republican establishment.

Bump for the kinda-sorta end of the Paul campaign

Actually, nothing's really changed. He's just not going to waste his supporters money in primaries where he obviously can't win. His strategy, from the beginning, has been to maximize libertarian influence in the Republican party. The latest announcement refocuses that effort, applying his remaining campaign funds toward getting libertarians into key positions within the party.

I am going to vote for Gary Johnson if Paul isn't on the ballot.

I'm writing Ron Paul in whether they count it or not, and I've burned my Republican registration card. Mitt Romney and The Establishment Players can kiss my rosy-red American ASS!!

Forum List

Back