Paul supporters, what are you going to do....

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

Frankly, I just don't get it. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Congrats on the second place finish behind Bachmann in Iowa. I do respect the groundswell that Paul carries with him.

However, we all know where this is heading.

Remains to be seen. What are you a Gypsy fortune teller? Yeah he came in #2 in Iowa. It's early and there are 49 other States to go...your thread is meaningless at this point in time.

Aren't you one of those "conservatives" that loathes Paul?

There is a small, but dedicated cadre of you. I can't keep you all straight.

As for a fortune tell, you don't have to be Kreskin to see what's going to happen with the Paul Campaign.

Time will tell if all the money he spent to lose to Bachmann in Iowa was well spent. He might pick up a VP nod.

He'll never win the primary.

And you know it.

when the GOP tosses your boy under the bus again? Because you, me, and everybody else knows it's going to happen. There is simply no way in hell that an isolationist who wants to dismantle the FED is ever going to be given the keys to the GOP kingdom. We all know it.

My question is, as this is Paul's last hurrah, why do you guys even try to find a home in the GOP? Why not just run as a Libertarian. In this election cycle, that might actually work, as people are pissed at both parties. Even if not the case, why keep doing the same thing and expecting different results? From what I can tell of the Paul supporters, they aren't exactly in the bag for the GOP machine either. I mean, they stole your Tea Party idea. No you would think that Michelle Bachman came up with the idea.

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

Remains to be seen. What are you a Gypsy fortune teller? Yeah he came in #2 in Iowa. It's early and there are 49 other States to go...your thread is meaningless at this point in time.

As for a fortune tell, you don't have to be Kreskin to see what's going to happen with the Paul Campaign.

Time will tell if all the money he spent to lose to Bachmann in Iowa was well spent. He might pick up a VP nod.

And you know it.
He has good ideas and belives in the Constitution same as I do...he's out there on other issues but what Candidate isn't?

Thanks for trying to make this of me...but it isn't. I'll go back to my own sandbox now. And don't bother trying to keep 'us' all straight? (It will clearly drive you mad, and you haven't the heart for it anyway). It is better to cross one bridge at a time rather than keep up with the catalogue of bridges.

Clear?

I think our best hope is the Libertarian angle. That won't produce a presidential victory, but it just might just give the party some sustainable momentum, and position it as an attractive alternative for disaffected voters from both the left and the right.

You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways? I was surprised they didn't nominate him anyway in '08, but I don't know how the party works.

You think there is any chance the LP will run him anyways? I was surprised they didn't nominate him anyway in '08, but I don't know how the party works.

He made it clear he wouldn't accept in '08. I suspect they'd be all over it if he expressed any willingness.

The party's been in various states of flux, though I haven't followed it closely in the last decade or so. It's been off and on polluted with hipster Republicans (conservatives who want to seem 'edgy') and ideologues who seem to want the party to remain as small and exclusive as possible. There are definitely people there pushing for grown-up politics, but it's hard not to get dispirited. Paul could inject new energy into it, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

And you know it.
He has good ideas and belives in the Constitution same as I do...he's out there on other issues but what Candidate isn't?

Thanks for trying to make this of me...but it isn't. I'll go back to my own sandbox now. And don't bother trying to keep 'us' all straight? (It will clearly drive you mad, and you haven't the heart for it anyway). It is better to cross one bridge at a time rather than keep up with the catalogue of bridges.

Clear?

So you are a Paul hater? I do remember that correctly? Thanks. You are one of the people I am referring too that will do everything to tube his chances.

If a lot of moderates like myself vote in the republican primary, I think he stands a decent chance of winning the nomination. He'll need to do well early though, and pick up momentum as he goes, like Obama did. A lot of people, including me, didn't give him much of a chance early on either.

He made it clear he wouldn't accept in '08. I suspect they'd be all over it if he expressed any willingness.

The party's been in various states of flux, though I haven't follow it closely in the last decade or so. It's been off and on polluted with hipster Republicans (conservatives who want to seem 'edgy') and ideologues who seem to want the party to remain as small and exclusive as possible. There are definitely people there pushing for grown-up politics, but it's hard not to get dispirited. Paul could inject new energy into it, that's for sure.

I actually hope he would accept this time around. I am sick of watching the GOP jerk the Paul people around.

I don't think he'd be good for the country, but the insincerity of the GOP over Paul's issues just annoys me.

Paul is doing fantastic. He just came out of Iowa in a close second all while handing Sanatorium his ass over foreign policy.

Paul's message of liberty, limited government, looking at the Fed, and changing our foreign policy is catching on as people slowly awake from their slumber.

Yes. I've been hearing this for about a decade now.

If a lot of moderates like myself vote in the republican primary, I think he stands a decent chance of winning the nomination. He'll need to do well early though, and pick up momentum as he goes, like Obama did. A lot of people, including me, didn't give him much of a chance early on either.

That would require Paul to garner a sufficient amount of moderate support in the primary and cause people who generally wait for the general to become involved in the primary elections. I have a hard time seeing that happening, though if it does he'll have the general locked up.

And you know it.

First of all Ron Paul is the most conservative on the platform. Just because other GOP candidates no longer follow the true conservative ideology does not mean anything.

Bachman is from Iowa and spent more time campaigning there and more money to do so, yet won by only 152 votes.

Everything Ron Paul believes in is Constitutionally based. Have you forgotten that that document is the very foundation for our Government?

Is it the document you disagree with? Or are you just against its messenger? An American opposed to the U.S. Constitution is scary indeed.

That would require Paul to garner a sufficient amount of moderate support in the primary and cause people who generally wait for the general to become involved in the primary elections. I have a hard time seeing that happening, though if it does he'll have the general locked up.

I think he's the only republican that can beat Obama in the general. The rest is a crop of losers that will get shredded.

Yes. I've been hearing this for about a decade now.

Aren't you special. Most people did not hear Ron Paul's message a decade ago. Paul has gained serious momentum within the past couple of years as more and more people hear and understand his message.

Last edited:
I think he's the only republican that can beat Obama in the general. The rest is a crop of losers that will get shredded.

He's certainly the only Republican I'd want to see win (with the exception of Gary Johnson).

And you know it.

Clear?

So you are a Paul hater? I do remember that correctly? Thanks. You are one of the people I am referring too that will do everything to tube his chances.
Don't insert words I never uttered shitface...it's unbecoming...even for YOU.

And you know it.
Dude, Pat fuckin' Robertson won the Ioway straw poll.

Ron Paul peeps aren't exactly the kind of folks who'd throw away 35 clams on a meaningless straw poll.

Forum List

Back