Patriots to trade Rob Gronkowski to Buccaneers, reuniting him with Tom Brady, reports say

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Well, this is odd. Also might support the claim by many Belechick isn't well liked by players.

Regardless, they can dictate even more how great they are (or were) by succeeding in TB, or, vice versa to a lesser degree. There should be great motivation and plenty of eyes watching to see how they do.

Patriots to trade Rob Gronkowski to Buccaneers, reuniting him with Tom Brady, reports say

Tight end Rob Gronkowski is making a comeback to the NFL.

The New England Patriots are trading Gronkowski and a 2020 seventh-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2020 fourth-round pick, ESPN and NFL Network first reported. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer later tweeted that Gronk left him a voice message saying: “I’m baaaaaackkkkkk!”

The trade is pending a physical, ESPN and NFL Network reported.

Gronkowski, who sat out the 2019 season, will reunite with quarterback Tom Brady. In his last year in the NFL, Gronkowski hauled in 47 receptions for 682 yards and three touchdowns.

In 2017, Gronkowski played in 14 games. He had 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns. Gronkowski will now join wide receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin as viable options for Brady in what should be a potent offense.

“Pending the physical, Rob has agreed to play for Tampa this season. He will honor his current contract at this time,” Gronkowski's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN.

Gronkowski is only 30 years old. He's still got a few more good years in the league, barring injury, if he wants them. He's widely accepted as the best to ever play the position and, despite being chronologically past the peak age for tight ends, he's been an anomaly. He finished in the top five at the position for six of his first eight seasons in the league, which is pretty much unheard of.

But, that would translate into gate revenue. People will pay to see him reunited with Brady who, at 42, is in his twilight years, and they'll be especially willing to pay it if neither of them are in a Patriots uniform.

Then again, Brady's pretty much the best to ever play the position (and, yes, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth), as well. Brady's got a two year, $50 million dollar contract. Gronkowski has one year on his contract which Tampa Bay will honor for $10 million.

Now comes the rub: If he wants to play with Brady beyond that one remaining year on his contract, there's no way the Bucs give him a one year extension on a contract which was written by another team. If Gronk is going to play out both of Brady's remaining seasons (which, whetehr he admits it or not, he wants to do), Tampa Bay will want their own contract in place, and there's no way they do it for only one year.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out...

if Montana would not have been injured he would have guided San Fran to 3 more super bowl victories..... and will Brady have the line he had in New England when they were dominating ? Brady doesnt look like the best ever when he has no protection ! not saying he isnt great ! but that offensive line he had in the past is the biggest reason he was so successful ! and healthy ! no line protection no super bowl ...no line he leaves New England .

if Montana would not have been injured he would have guided San Fran to 3 more super bowl victories..... and will Brady have the line he had in New England when they were dominating ? Brady doesnt look like the best ever when he has no protection ! not saying he isnt great ! but that offensive line he had in the past is the biggest reason he was so successful ! and healthy ! no line protection no super bowl ...no line he leaves New England .

According to Steven Ruiz of USA Today Sports, the offensive line in Tampa Bay isn't particularly good, but it’s no worse than the line Brady was working with in New England the last few years.

Brady in Tampa Bay

The comment is at the bottom of the second paragraph...

With all due respect, Yidnar...a quarterback that can read a defense quickly and get the ball out before the rush can get to him makes a so so line look good. That's what Brady has been doing for years.

With all due respect, Yidnar...a quarterback that can read a defense quickly and get the ball out before the rush can get to him makes a so so line look good. That's what Brady has been doing for years.
oh he's good ! and in the top when it comes to the greatest ! but i truly believe Montana was the best i've ever seen ! Joe Cool could put a football into a doughnut hole .

oh he's good ! and in the top when it comes to the greatest ! but i truly believe Montana was the best i've ever seen ! Joe Cool could put a football into a doughnut hole .

Joe was pure money and cool a a cucumber.

I loved Joe! Different time though so it's hard to compare. Joe Montana was the best of his era...Tom Brady is the best of his.

I loved Joe! Different time though so it's hard to compare. Joe Montana was the best of his era...Tom Brady is the best of his.
yeah iv'e got to admit that it would be fun to watch Brady throw to a Jerry Rice !

yeah iv'e got to admit that it would be fun to watch Brady throw to a Jerry Rice !
It would be more fun to watch Joe Montana throw to Jerry Rice when the defense can't touch receivers anymore! You think they torched cornerbacks and safeties back then...they'd be LETHAL today! Just saying...

It would be more fun to watch Joe Montana throw to Jerry Rice when the defense can't touch receivers anymore! You think they torched cornerbacks and safeties back then...they'd be LETHAL today! Just saying...
and thats one more big reason i say Joe Cool is the best to ever throw a pig skin !

via espn

Ebo2POnXsAgX0Md

I saw that earlier.

I think Newton's a punk, to be quite honest. He was a really good quarterback, but he acts like an insolent little bitch when things don't go his way.

I don't see him doing well under Belichick. He's too much of a showboat...

Forum List

Back