Patriots Super Bowl ring

What NFL coach do know that's NOT getting millions?

What NFL coach, player or even staff member is getting screwed with minimum wages?

You don't even have a point to argue at this juncture...do you? You're just trying to bluster your way out of this ridiculous stance you've taken that people in the National Football League are "slaves".
Every team has dozens of coaches. Most don't make that much money. For example, Bill Belichick made $50 per week as an NFL assistant coach in 1970.

Actually he made $25 a week as an entry level "gopher" for Ted Marchibroda in 1975. So tell me what the average salary is for an NFL coach or assistant coach these days, RKM? Who's being subjected to "slave" wages? When I was in college I lived in a house with 3 Graduate Assistant football coaches for the University of Massachusetts. They got tuition and a meal plan. That's it! No pay at all. One of those guys went on to be an NFL head coach and his "slave contract" for that was a 4 year $11,000,000 deal. Your claim that coaches don't get paid in the NFL is laughably false. They get paid A LOT!!!
Please provide a link where I said coaches don't get paid in the NFL. Or shut up your little lying ass up.

"Every team has dozens of coaches. Most don't make that much money. For example, Bill Belichick made $50 per week as an NFL assistant coach in 1970." RKMBrown

What was you point there, RKM? That the NFL doesn't pay it's coaches well? That isn't the case. Coaches in the NFL get paid a lot of money!
Which came first... "collusion" or paying them well. IOW there is a SIGNIFICANT different between cheating wrt. rules that limit salary and cheating on the field. One is in regard to limits on pay the other is in regard to limits on actions on the field. You said, cheating is cheating.

So now you're admitting that coaches in the NFL are in fact paid well?

What I said is that it's hard to make a distinction between teams cheating with the salary cap to put players on the field that would otherwise not be there...and a team videotaping from an unapproved location. Why is one cheating in your mind but the other not?

Every team has dozens of coaches. Most don't make that much money. For example, Bill Belichick made $50 per week as an NFL assistant coach in 1970.

Actually he made $25 a week as an entry level "gopher" for Ted Marchibroda in 1975. So tell me what the average salary is for an NFL coach or assistant coach these days, RKM? Who's being subjected to "slave" wages? When I was in college I lived in a house with 3 Graduate Assistant football coaches for the University of Massachusetts. They got tuition and a meal plan. That's it! No pay at all. One of those guys went on to be an NFL head coach and his "slave contract" for that was a 4 year $11,000,000 deal. Your claim that coaches don't get paid in the NFL is laughably false. They get paid A LOT!!!
Please provide a link where I said coaches don't get paid in the NFL. Or shut up your little lying ass up.

"Every team has dozens of coaches. Most don't make that much money. For example, Bill Belichick made $50 per week as an NFL assistant coach in 1970." RKMBrown

What was you point there, RKM? That the NFL doesn't pay it's coaches well? That isn't the case. Coaches in the NFL get paid a lot of money!
Which came first... "collusion" or paying them well. IOW there is a SIGNIFICANT different between cheating wrt. rules that limit salary and cheating on the field. One is in regard to limits on pay the other is in regard to limits on actions on the field. You said, cheating is cheating.

What I said is that it's hard to make a distinction between teams cheating with the salary cap to put players on the field that would otherwise not be there...and a team videotaping from an unapproved location. Why is one cheating in your mind but the other not?
No, I'm explaining that not all NFL coaches nor all NFL players are paid millions as you claimed. Further I'm explaining that the reason some are paid more is because NFL rules on collusion and pay were broken. Further I explained the difference between on the field rules and the rules designed to enslave the players and coaches, that you claimed were the same. Apparently you think enslavement requires chains and whips.

WqrYMlm.jpg
Hey, they're the Democrats' team. Liberal North Easterners. They're expected to cheat.

Wow ! Democrats own you. you can't even comment on a sports thread without showing your butthurt.

No, I'm explaining that not all NFL coaches nor all NFL players are paid millions as you claimed. Further I'm explaining that the reason some are paid more is because NFL rules on collusion and pay were broken. Further I explained the difference between on the field rules and the rules designed to enslave the players and coaches, that you claimed were the same. Apparently you think enslavement requires chains and whips.

I don't think you understand how "collusion" works, RKM! If the owners were in collusion it would lead to lower pay for players and coaches...not higher.

I don't think you understand how "collusion" works, RKM! If the owners were in collusion it would lead to lower pay for players and coaches...not higher.
You referenced the dolphins tampering, which was a reference to them shopping for Shula pre-merger. Maybe the reason you are disagreeing with me, is your lack of knowledge about the subject. Just knowing someone does not make you educated.

Wrt. collusion, the teams colluded to set the limit on pay for players, you can't be so ignorant so as to believe the cap on player salary is to increase player salary.

Last edited:

You referenced the dolphins tampering, which was a reference to them shopping for Shula pre-merger. Maybe the reason you are disagreeing with me, is your lack of knowledge about the subject. Just knowing someone does not make you educated.

Wrt. collusion, the teams colluded to set the limit on pay for players, you can't be so ignorant so as to believe the cap on player salary is to increase player salary.

I did not reference the Dolphins tampering...that was someone else. Nor did I ever state that the salary cap was designed to increase player salaries. While it's quite obvious that one byproduct of the salary cap is lower salaries for players the main intent of the cap is to provide league parity. It's set up the way it is so rich, large market teams simply can't buy up all the best free agents.

But forget all that...I thought we were discussing coaches salaries? How have the owners "colluded" to set those? Yet you repeatedly refer to them as being "slaves".

As for knowing something about the subject of football? I happened to have had two friends from my college days that became football coaches...one in college and one in college and then the pros. It gives me a bit more insight into what the life of a coach is about than you obviously have.

I did not reference the Dolphins tampering...that was someone else. Nor did I ever state that the salary cap was designed to increase player salaries. While it's quite obvious that one byproduct of the salary cap is lower salaries for players the main intent of the cap is to provide league parity. It's set up the way it is so rich, large market teams simply can't buy up all the best free agents.

But forget all that...I thought we were discussing coaches salaries? How have the owners "colluded" to set those? Yet you repeatedly refer to them as being "slaves".

As for knowing something about the subject of football? I happened to have had two friends from my college days that became football coaches...one in college and one in college and then the pros. It gives me a bit more insight into what the life of a coach is about than you obviously have.
Which part is confusing you, the part about tampering rules being the rules set to limit coach salaries, or the part about collusion being what owners are doing to limit player salaries?

How have the NFL owners colluded to limit coach salaries? There are no rules in effect to limit salaries to coaches.

As for the limiting of player salaries? The NFL and the NFL Players Association negotiate between them how much money will be paid to the players. The NFL Players Association understands that the salary cap's main purpose is to provide competitive balance in the league, not keep players in "slavery", something you can't seem to grasp. If you look at the average player salary since the salary cap was established...players are making much more money NOW than they ever were before it was put into play. Why? Because the Players Association negotiated that for them...along with retirement benefits that never existed before. As of 2009 the AVERAGE NFL player was making over a million dollars a year!

How have the NFL owners colluded to limit coach salaries? There are no rules in effect to limit salaries to coaches.

As for the limiting of player salaries? The NFL and the NFL Players Association negotiate between them how much money will be paid to the players. The NFL Players Association understands that the salary cap's main purpose is to provide competitive balance in the league, not keep players in "slavery", something you can't seem to grasp. If you look at the average player salary since the salary cap was established...players are making much more money NOW than they ever were before it was put into play. Why? Because the Players Association negotiated that for them...along with retirement benefits that never existed before. As of 2009 the AVERAGE NFL player was making over a million dollars a year!
They colluded by agreeing on the tampering law, how many times do I have to explain this to you?

How does the players union colluding with the owners to limit salary tell you that there is no colluding to limit salaries of the players? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? There are a great many players that don't make millions of dollars a year. Your use of the term average is to justify limiting player salaries is ludicrous and insulting.

They colluded by agreeing on the tampering law, how many times do I have to explain this to you?

How does the players union colluding with the owners to limit salary tell you that there is no colluding to limit salaries of the players? Do you have any idea how silly that sounds? There are a great many players that don't make millions of dollars a year. Your use of the term average is to justify limiting player salaries is ludicrous and insulting.

So now the Players Union is also "colluding" with the NFL owners? Why would they do that? Do you have any idea how stupid you come across when you make a statement like that? You seem to think that any negotiation equates to collusion. That isn't the case. The NFL Players Union has negotiated in such a way that the average NFL player now is making so much more than players were thirty years ago that it isn't even funny. Back in 1982 the average player salary was a little more than $90,000. Today it is more than $1,000,000. That has to be the worst example of "collusion" I've ever heard of.

So now the Players Union is also "colluding" with the NFL owners? Why would they do that? Do you have any idea how stupid you come across when you make a statement like that? You seem to think that any negotiation equates to collusion. That isn't the case. The NFL Players Union has negotiated in such a way that the average NFL player now is making so much more than players were thirty years ago that it isn't even funny. Back in 1982 the average player salary was a little more than $90,000. Today it is more than $1,000,000. That has to be the worst example of "collusion" I've ever heard of.
For money, duh! Why do you think they wouldn't do that? Do you have any idea how naive and condescending you come across with nearly every statement you make? You seem to think that every negotiation is done with zero collusion. That isn't the case, except in fantasy land where unicorns live.

EVERYONE IS MAKING MORE TODAY THAN THEY DID THIRTY YEARS AGO. It's called inflation. 1982 was THIRTY THREE years ago old man.

For money, duh! Why do you think they wouldn't do that? Do you have any idea how naive and condescending you come across with nearly every statement you make? You seem to think that every negotiation is done with zero collusion. That isn't the case, except in fantasy land where unicorns live.

EVERYONE IS MAKING MORE TODAY THAN THEY DID THIRTY YEARS AGO. It's called inflation. 1982 was THIRTY THREE years ago old man.

So a tenfold increase in wages is due to inflation? Is that what you're now claiming? Let's see...the inflation rate since 1982 is 2.81% so a dollar in 1982 would have the same buying power as $2.50 now.

Care to try again, Sparky? If the average players salary had increased at the rate of inflation then the average NFL player would now be making $225,000. Instead they are making $1,100,000. Gee...those poor "enslaved" players!!!

So a tenfold increase in wages is due to inflation? Is that what you're now claiming? Let's see...the inflation rate since 1982 is 2.81% so a dollar in 1982 would have the same buying power as $2.50 now.

Care to try again, Sparky? If the average players salary had increased at the rate of inflation then the average NFL player would now be making $225,000. Instead they are making $1,100,000. Gee...those poor "enslaved" players!!!
You're still talking about averages. Does that make you sleep well at night?

What makes you god that you feel the need to set another man's salary or poke at it and tell him he's making enough and should be happy to be limited by a monopoly on his salary?

I think you have too much money you don't mind if I set a cap on your income do you?

Forum List

Back