Patriotism

It is no accident that Trump speaks of “America” and not “USA.” The term “USA” or “US American” denotes nationality and thus membership in the global family of nations. On the other hand, “America” is an appeal to the substantial portion of the population who don’t just think that the United States is unique (as famously noted by Alexis de Tocqueville), but who hold that American ideals are the acme of political development and the God-given perfection of society. This utopian belief in exceptionalism makes people vulnerable to a narrative in which the perfection must be protected from nefarious outside forces. Thus, ironically, exceptionalism breeds conventional compliance to authority.

Good. That is real love.
Love is subjective which means you aren't the arbiter of what is and isn't love. When you understand what that means maybe you'll stop sounding like an idiot.
America is real. People who love something, generally don't deny it's existence. You might want to remember that, the next time you try to convince someone that you are Patriotic.
Lol. Calling America an imaginary construct is accurate. It's simply another term you don't know the meaning of. It being an imaginary construct does not in anyway mean that it does not exist as a legal fiction and a philosophical ideal.
Independent contractors depend on contracts. If someone was going around and talking shit to clients that you were a bad contractor, you would be "amused"?

That is not very credible.
I would be and so would my clients. I've had their contact going on 12 years now, I work with them directly and they love the work I do. When you have confidence the opinions of nobody's and fuckwads won't bother you.

Love is subjective which means you aren't the arbiter of what is and isn't love. When you understand what that means maybe you'll stop sounding like an idiot.

I know plenty about Love. I can certainly see that the actions you describe, ie hearing someone talk shit about something you love and having a strong, negative, emotional reaction to that, is love.

I am glad for you, that you have love in your life. I hope that that is not the only example.

Lol. Calling America an imaginary construct is accurate. It's simply another term you don't know the meaning of. It being an imaginary construct does not in anyway mean that it does not exist as a legal fiction and a philosophical ideal.

I have very rarely seen or heard people talking about something they love, that is not "real" and making the point that it is not real, but they do so, grudgingly, and emphasizing that they still really, really care.

NONE of those people, would be "amused" to hear someone talk shit about the "not real" things they love.

I would be and so would my clients. I've had their contact going on 12 years now, I work with them directly and they love the work I do. When you have confidence the opinions of nobody's and fuckwads won't bother you.

Good for you. But, in the real point we were discussing, the anti-American lies that people are spreading, have been and are hurting US. America is NOT in a position to just shrug it off, like you are.

People are being hurt. America is being hurt. American Patriotism is being undermined.

Your claim of loving America, does not match your actions.

I know plenty about Love. I can certainly see that the actions you describe, ie hearing someone talk shit about something you love and having a strong, negative, emotional reaction to that, is love.
What I'm questioning is whether you know anything about subjectivity and what it implies for your insistence that love exists only how you say it does.
I am glad for you, that you have love in your life. I hope that that is not the only example.
Lol. No. I have a rather large family.
I have very rarely seen or heard people talking about something they love, that is not "real" and making the point that it is not real, but they do so, grudgingly, and emphasizing that they still really, really care.
If you disagree with the statement that "America is an imaginary construct and thus has no feelings" then present an argument that isn't an appeal to emotion, i.e. if you really loved America you wouldn't so and so...

Can you even point to anything factually wrong with my statement?
NONE of those people, would be "amused" to hear someone talk shit about the "not real" things they love.
None of those people are me and so their opinions have no significance to my own.
Good for you. But, in the real point we were discussing, the anti-American lies that people are spreading, have been and are hurting US. America is NOT in a position to just shrug it off, like you are.
Name one. It's not a real point until you have a real example.
People are being hurt. America is being hurt. American Patriotism is being undermined.
Welcome to Democracy Nancy boy. In this country we have a right to undermine our politicians. It's the first frigging Amendment for fucks sake.
Your claim of loving America, does not match your actions.
Your claim of rational thought is sus.

Sure. All terrorists think they're patriots, for example.
1646113693234.png

What happens to patriotism when the country becomes evil.

During World War II, were the French who cooperated with the occupying Nazis patriots orr was it the French underground? Were the nazis loyal Germans or was it the criminals hiding Jews?

The United States is occupied by enemies that hide among us, take steps to destroy us and demand patriotism and loyalty to their destructive works.

And jailed for breaking the law.

There were some arrests....see? LOL.
The real problem is that we are lied to much of the time. Ukraine propaganda is an example. All of this resistance was reported. The Globalists even have detailed maps of where the attacks are coming from and heading towards. With all of this resistance though, they are reporting a 40 mile convoy of Russian equipment heading towards the Capital City. If there was a real resistance that would be a juicy target. To impede or to destroy.

What happens to patriotism when the country becomes evil.
What happens?

Apparently you "patriots" get so upset that you....

log on to a message board and vent your frustration. Despite all of the posturing and prothletising about the 2nd Amendment being around to stop tyranny, millions if not billions of dollars in gun sales, ammunition, and $5 T-shirts.... you "patriots" seem content to just post your anger on a message board.

It shows us that you're either phonies, cowards, or both.

If you REALLY thought the nation was slipping into fascism, if you REALLY thought people were evil, if you REALLY thought that your freedom was at stake and REALLY were a patriot... you would have started shooting decades ago. A true patriot has no problem putting her or his life on the line for their nation. You guys can't be bothered to do jack shit.

Wars are not won by individuals but armies. I am confident that enemy democrats will push themselves that they form one and think they will finally end political opposition.

What happens?

Apparently you "patriots" get so upset that you....

log on to a message board and vent your frustration. Despite all of the posturing and prothletising about the 2nd Amendment being around to stop tyranny, millions if not billions of dollars in gun sales, ammunition, and $5 T-shirts.... you "patriots" seem content to just post your anger on a message board.

Funny. AT the same time that you are gloating about how not dangerous we are, you are also supporting the meme that 1/6 was a serious coup attempt, and that "white supremacist" are the biggest single threat to the nation.

The real massage is, that everything you leftards say, is a Lie.

I've been thinking about patriotism recently.

Often patriotism is used as a political tool, more or less like "cancel culture", it's used to try and force people to think a certain way, often forcing people to accept right wing policies for fear of being called "non-patriotic".

I've also looked at the rise of patriotism in China under Xi.

I've ended up looking at the terminology of Patriotism. "Love of one's country" and comparing it with love in other ways, especially loving a husband or wife.

Often, the manifestation of love between two people isn't about what a person RECEIVES, it's about what they GIVE. People often give up things because they value their loving relationship more than they value those things they did before the relationship.

So, essentially patriotism which is all about a person RECEIVING things from their country, like wealth, like comfort, like a certain way of life etc etc, would be like a man saying he loves his wife because she gives him sex.

Whereas the proper way (in my opinion) of seeing patriotism would be more like, a man gives up drinking on a Friday night to spend it with his wife because he knows his wife doesn't like him going away. This would be the equivalent of a person treating their country with respect. Not littering, not committing crime, participating the political process intelligently and for the greater good of society, rather than for personal gain.

This is often no so clear cut. When the US went to war in Iraq in 2003, people who went to fight might be considered "Patriots" for risking their life for their country. However someone who refused to go fight might also be considered a "Patriot" because the Iraq War was clearly a private enterprise using public money and public services (the armed forces) for profit.
Will a man "Love" a wife who does not give him sex? Asking, for a friend....

Will a man "Love" a wife who does not give him sex? Asking, for a friend....
I'd tell your friend that neither wives nor husbands can "give sex." Love has much more to do with sharing, insisting upon mutual consent, and effectively communicating.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back