Patriot Act Expires this summer! Hooray!!!

The so called Patriot Act which allows the government to apprehend Americans without due process is finally coming to an end! This lousy piece of Anti-American executive order will be up for reenactment. Call your congressmen and tell them NO!!

If you think the government will willingly relinquish this authority, you are a very optimistic person. Those in power rarely relinquish it.

The so called Patriot Act which allows the government to apprehend Americans without due process is finally coming to an end! This lousy piece of Anti-American executive order will be up for reenactment. Call your congressmen and tell them NO!!

I'd like to see DHS expire as well for lack of funding. How many redundant agencies do we need? Alas, wishful thinking.

If you think the government will willingly relinquish this authority, you are a very optimistic person. Those in power rarely relinquish it.
Unless they get voted out, and it will be interesting to see whether the vote tightens from the last time.

Don't hold your breath on that. We have Americans citizens that appear intent in becoming terrorists, and joining ISIS, so I imagine the Patriot act is here to stay.

Obama won't give up that kind of power. He drooled over it last time:

Obama approves extension of expiring Patriot Act provisions - CNN.com

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) credited the Patriot Act with helping to prevent a terror attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“The first thing that strikes me is we would never have known about this had it not been for the FISA program and our ability to collect information on people who pose an imminent threat,” Boehner told reporters during Republicans’ two-day retreat in Hershey, Pa.

“I’m going to say this one more time because you’re going to hear about it for months and months to come as we attempt to reauthorize the FISA program,” he added. “Our government does not spy on Americans, unless they are Americans who are doing things that frankly tip off our law enforcement officials to an imminent threat.”

OBoehner won't give up that kind of power ...

The politicians will not let this happen. You can bet your life savings on it.

Forum List

Back