Patrick Swayze's widow engaged

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Patrick Swayze's Widow, Lisa Niemi, Is Engaged - Engagements, Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze : People.com

I am very happy for her.

Lisa Niemi has found love again.

The actress and dancer, who lost her husband of 34 years, Patrick Swayze, to pancreatic cancer in September 2009, is engaged to jeweler Albert DePrisco, 58, her rep confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

"Albert proposed to Lisa on Christmas Eve," the rep says.

The couple met through mutual friends at a birthday party for Niemi and have been dating for a year and a half.

Patrick Swayze's Widow, Lisa Niemi, Is Engaged - Engagements, Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze : People.com

I am very happy for her.

The actress and dancer, who lost her husband of 34 years, Patrick Swayze, to pancreatic cancer in September 2009, is engaged to jeweler Albert DePrisco, 58, her rep confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The couple met through mutual friends at a birthday party for Niemi and have been dating for a year and a half.

She loved him so. It's heartbreaker story.I hope and pray this man can embrace her and tell her you had a busy day today

• Banned

I am very happy for her.

She loved him so. It's heartbreaker story.I hope and pray this man can embrace her and tell her you had a busy day today

Yup. She is one of those where you think You know? That's enough pain. Give her something wonderful.

He's been dead since 2009.

I am aware of that. But it still begs the question - how soon is too soon? 2 years? 3 years? 6 months?

You didn't seem like the kind of person who would ask that sort of question about any other individual's circumstance.

No idea what you mean by that.

But have read about some women who are engaged only six months after the death of their husband, which I think is way too soon. I wonder if there is any acceptable time frame as to when a person should start dating again after their partner dies? Its a fair question, I think.

Very happy for her, but I can't help but wonder how soon is too soon to move on?

Most people don't have a hive mentality, we aren't one size fits all, she's an individual and it's her right to move on when you feels like it, it's not up to us to decide when how soon is too soon. Do you ever give it a rest?
Sorry Boop for busting in on your thread like this. I'm done.

I am aware of that. But it still begs the question - how soon is too soon? 2 years? 3 years? 6 months?

You didn't seem like the kind of person who would ask that sort of question about any other individual's circumstance.

No idea what you mean by that.

But have read about some women who are engaged only six months after the death of their husband, which I think is way too soon. I wonder if there is any acceptable time frame as to when a person should start dating again after their partner dies? Its a fair question, I think.

You have said women should be able to abort a baby the day before it is due but now you question when a widow should start dating again.

I expected a live-and-let-live attitude from you. I would have expected a celebration of others' happiness. I am surprised to hear even a whiff of sanctimony from you about another woman's life choices, much less this doubling down on the question in a way which is a hijack of a congratulatory thread. When a woman goes through a profound experience such as losing her partner, soon enough is when she says is soon enough. It is not the business of judgmental people who have never met her.

Last edited:
He's been dead since 2009.

Might you go beg the question in another thread?

arguecat.png

Very happy for her, but I can't help but wonder how soon is too soon to move on?

Most people don't have a hive mentality, we aren't one size fits all, she's an individual and it's her right to move on when you feels like it, it's not up to us to decide when how soon is too soon. Do you ever give it a rest?
Sorry Boop for busting in on your thread like this. I'm done.

No worries. Between you and Amelia, there's really nothing left to say. :thup:

I understand that question because I grew up with black widows. And I don't mean to make it a joke. But accessorizing was easy.

Black on black oh that will work. Never a color choice.

Forum List

Back