Patient Zero for the Omicron variant of Covid was fully vaccinated

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Facts are facts, there's no way this man could have gotten on a plane from South Africa to Hong Kong without proof of vaccination.

Vaccinated people are creating and spreading new variants of this disease.

Patient zero, called n=1 or the index case by the scientific community, arrived at Hong Kong International Airport on 11 November, having flown in from South Africa via Doha in Qatar, on flight QR818.

He had been in South Africa for almost three weeks, and had tested negative the day before he began his trip there.

On his return to the territory on the Qatar Airways flight, the 36-year-old was in seat 31A, and was showing no symptoms when he checked into the Regal Airport Hotel in Chek Lap Kok, to begin his mandatory quarantine. He also tested negative on his return.

Hong Kong has some of the most stringent regulations on arrival in the world.

Anyone coming from a "high-risk" country can only board flights for the territory if they are fully-vaccinated Hong Kong residents and even then they have to undergo compulsory isolation for 21 days in a designated quarantine hotel when they arrive.

Just for the sake of discussion. In most arguments it's noted that this variant is pretty weak. Symptoms are mild. Is that because he was vaccinated?

Let's see how this one goes.

I know that the vaccinated already need a booster. I think England is pushing the booster after only three months.

I'm not against someone getting vaccinated, each of us have to make our own health decisions. That last sentence is where I stand in general on the issue. Countries are basically forcing people to get vaccinated by limiting their life.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of discussion. In most arguments it's noted that this variant is pretty weak. Symptoms are mild. Is that because he was vaccinated?
So why aren't the unvaccinated getting the omicron version? Or if they are, are their symptoms also mild? And if so, can we create herd immunity by exposing people to the omicron version of covid (like cow pox for small pox) creating immunity against the more deadly strains.

There is evidence that the vaccine helps to keep the virus from not being as harmful.

Great...and the death rates among the unvaccinated prior to the vaccine's introduction?

.2%-.5% dependent upon the population...comorbidities...over 80 years...blah blah

Anyone under 50 with no comorbidities .001?...maybe?

But keep believing the bullshit.

BAAAAAAAAAH!..........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

So why aren't the unvaccinated getting the omicron version? Or if they are, are their symptoms also mild? And if so, can we create herd immunity by exposing people to the omicron version of covid (like cow pox for small pox) creating immunity against the more deadly strains.

While my argument is that there is proof that vaccines can lessen the symptoms I believe herd immunity can also for those who survive round one.

Now as to why, I would guess because it's still fairly new and for the record, "new variety" doesn't impress me much. To me the way this is playing out, it's just covid that is weaker than it once was.

Great...and the death rates among the unvaccinated prior to the vaccine's introduction?

.2%-.5% dependent upon the population...comorbidities...over 80 years...blah blah

Anyone under 50 with no comorbidities .001?...maybe?

But keep believing the bullshit.

BAAAAAAAAAH!..........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Bite me. You didn't dispute anything I said.

Bite me. You didn't dispute anything I said.
I don't debate rote propaganda bots.

cybermen.gif

It's fuckin pointless...stop watching your idiot box.

Facts are facts, there's no way this man could have gotten on a plane from South Africa to Hong Kong without proof of vaccination.

Vaccinated people are creating and spreading new variants of this disease.

Patient zero, called n=1 or the index case by the scientific community, arrived at Hong Kong International Airport on 11 November, having flown in from South Africa via Doha in Qatar, on flight QR818.

He had been in South Africa for almost three weeks, and had tested negative the day before he began his trip there.

On his return to the territory on the Qatar Airways flight, the 36-year-old was in seat 31A, and was showing no symptoms when he checked into the Regal Airport Hotel in Chek Lap Kok, to begin his mandatory quarantine. He also tested negative on his return.

Hong Kong has some of the most stringent regulations on arrival in the world.

Anyone coming from a "high-risk" country can only board flights for the territory if they are fully-vaccinated Hong Kong residents and even then they have to undergo compulsory isolation for 21 days in a designated quarantine hotel when they arrive.
China's vaccine is known to be less effective.

Forum List

Back